Soon to be 34 and feeling pressured, anyone else?!?!

Sunshine, what adjustments are you making this cycle? :flower:
Do you currently use any ovulation testing
or BBT charting?

Can't wait to hear the verdict .sounds promising:dance:

How are you going in your cycle? :flower:
What is your intuition saying, do you have any symptoms that you feel positive about?

hi Ambree
that Fertility friend article was a good one. i guess the moral of the story is hang in there and wait it out. easier said than done:wacko:
so sorry to hear about the stress you have been under with this ttc limbo land. it does feel like that. it is very consuming and easy to get caught up in it all. i feel that same . the fact i have resorted to chatting on bnb sums it up for me. that its much easier for me to express the craziness to you ladies as you know what its like. saying some of this out aloud in the "real world" would make me look like a loony.

my cycle just keeps going and going. i am in 2ww hell its actually more like 3ww hell as last month my cycle was 39 days.

im trying not to symptom spot this month (as much ):haha: Last month i had it all- wicked cramps, hot flushes, crying at the drop of the hat, AND a late period. this month it just feels like i am on the verge of another long period with AF greeting me at the other end. As you can tell not feeling very hopeful this mth due to last month's disappiontment.

having said that if AF hasn't shown up in a week I will test. might do it on the same day as you :blush::flower:

:dust:

hi Ambree
that Fertility friend article was a good one. i guess the moral of the story is hang in there and wait it out. easier said than done:wacko:
so sorry to hear about the stress you have been under with this ttc limbo land. it does feel like that. it is very consuming and easy to get caught up in it all. i feel that same . the fact i have resorted to chatting on bnb sums it up for me. that its much easier for me to express the craziness to you ladies as you know what its like. saying some of this out aloud in the "real world" would make me look like a loony.

my cycle just keeps going and going. i am in 2ww hell its actually more like 3ww hell as last month my cycle was 39 days.

im trying not to symptom spot this month (as much ):haha: Last month i had it all- wicked cramps, hot flushes, crying at the drop of the hat, AND a late period. this month it just feels like i am on the verge of another long period with AF greeting me at the other end. As you can tell not feeling very hopeful this mth due to last month's disappiontment.

having said that if AF hasn't shown up in a week I will test. might do it on the same day as you :blush::flower:

:dust:

3ww is hell!!! I agree venting on B&B helps a lot :flower:
If we told the real world all our pg aspirations and pink line hallucinations, they would deem us obsessive nutters for sure! :wacko: :haha:
Your sypmtoms last month and the resulting AF - sounds like my last ttc cycle-attempt also.

Is 39 days your average length?
Do you know when you Ovulated this cycle? If its nearly a 3ww for you, that would mean you ovulate early in your cycle and have a long luteal phase.
Or do you ovulate later in your cycle (ie CD 24) and have an average Luteal Phase (ie 14 days)?

Yes :thumbup:
:test: with me on Monday August 3rd, that'd be great :hugs:

Yes :thumbup:
:test: with me on Monday August 3rd, that'd be great :hugs:

lol I can't read a calendar
[I'm blaming :hissy: induced irrationality]

:blush:

:test: with me on Monday August 1st, that'd be great :hugs:

:thumbup:

or BBT charting?

Hi Ambree, how are you doing? I got some soy (haven't decided if I should take it yet, any advice?) mainly, my adjustments are for my DH, he had an SA and morphology and motility were below normal so I have him on a lot of vits, no alcohol, no coffee, and no going to sleep too late (though not sure that one will be too successful). i also plan on using the softcup and preseed, though i haven't yet found a place that sells softcups yet. i did the opk's last month and i will continue to do that just so i can pinpoint when exactly i should bd more.

or BBT charting?

Hi Ambree, how are you doing? I got some soy (haven't decided if I should take it yet, any advice?) mainly, my adjustments are for my DH, he had an SA and morphology and motility were below normal so I have him on a lot of vits, no alcohol, no coffee, and no going to sleep too late (though not sure that one will be too successful). I also plan on using the softcup and preseed, though i haven't yet found a place that sells softcups yet. i did the opk's last month and i will continue to do that just so i can pinpoint when exactly i should bd more.

Feeling more positive today, [TMI warning] CM is good, CP back to high, soft and I think closed [I still haven't worked out how to tell if its open or closed so I might be wrong about that one :blush:] I feel a tad queasy today but I'm also hungry, so that could be another dud sign :mrgreen:
I'm not being as disciplined as I should be with my POAS addiction :haha:
and I'm not sure if I can hold out until Monday
BUT ... I know I will feel really :sad2: if I get a :bfn: so close to when AF is due, so I will do my best to hold out until Monday or at least Sunday.
NOOOOO
got to wait until Monday :thumbup:

I don't know much about Soy, from what I have read on B&B, it can have helpful and hindering effects ttc.
Because I was worried about soy causing any negative effects, I discounted it for use in my SMEP.

What have you learned about Soy?
There was a thread on Soy and its pros/cons that I read on B&B not long ago, I will see if I can find a linky for it :flower:

If I am not pg, I will add some ovulation testing to my ttc artillery next cycle :gun:
TTC has become my official obsession lol

Hi ladies,
I am officially out for the month. AF came today. Good news is that my cycle was shorter at 33 days. i couldn't handle another 39 cycle whopper like last month.
Ambree- you sound more knowledgable about my cycle than I do. I have NO IDEA about my luteal phase, etc I think that is the problem. We BD too much too early in the month and by the time i probably OV we were OVER IT!!:tease:
I am sad i can't test with you on Monday now...f'x for you

So my conclusion is that I am turning 34 within a few months with no luck yet. i also said to myself that i wanted to be a mum by the time i was 34....sheesh i will need that stork to come soon :dohh:

For everyone...:dust::dust:

Hi ladies,
I am officially out for the month. AF came today. Good news is that my cycle was shorter at 33 days. i couldn't handle another 39 cycle whopper like last month.
Ambree- you sound more knowledgable about my cycle than I do. I have NO IDEA about my luteal phase, etc I think that is the problem. We BD too much too early in the month and by the time i probably OV we were OVER IT!!:tease:

So my conclusion is that I am turning 34 within a few months with no luck yet. i also said to myself that i wanted to be a mum by the time i was 34....sheesh i will need that stork to come soon :dohh:

Aleja, luteal phase is from the day you ovulate to the day you get your period. It should be b/w 10-16. Short luteal phases can make it hard to conceive. That's what the 2WW is. I have a very long cycle sometimes when I'm stressed. last month, it was 38 days but my luteal phase is still 14, it just took me a while to ovulate.

don't feel bad, you can still have a baby to be a few months to be a mom when you are 34! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies,
I am officially out for the month. AF came today. Good news is that my cycle was shorter at 33 days. I couldn't handle another 39 cycle whopper like last month.

Oh bummer aleja :hugs2:
So sorry this was not your month
alas :witch: arrived, but yes at least she came three days earlier for you!

I really think it would be helpful to work out how long on average your luteal phase is, or get a more precise estimate of when you ovulate :flower:
I found charting really useful. You dont have to record temperature (BBTs) if you dont want to, but it does make predicting ovulation and seeing how you are going throughout your luteal phase more accurate. (And if :sex: was well-timed :winkwink:)
Go to www.fertilityfriend.com and enter information for your new cycle - it starts yesterday when AF arrived!
We can make charts of our cycles together :happydance:
We can compare charts and if you have any questions I will help of course!,
but as I'm only new to FF myself :blush:
we can always ask the all-knowing B&B collective for advice.

It'd be great if we could have our first babies together while we are in our
34th year, as sunshine says :flow:
you still have time girlie!!!! :hugs:

For me, AF has not arrived but I'm doubtful it means I am pg.
I soooooooooooooooo want to be pg, but I'm plagued by :bfn:'s even if they're 'too early'.
If it's not meant to be and :witch: is on her way,
it won't be so bad, because I won't be starting my new cycle alone :flower: and we can ponder and postulate our new cycle, its charting and all the possible meanings together :thumbup:

Hi ladies thanks so much for the words of encouragement.:flower: i was talking to a friend tonight who pointed out 33 is not old yet and there are plenty of women who have children later in their 30s so I shouldn't feel like my biological clock is exploding.

I think i will give the FF thing a try I signed up a couple of months ago but it seemed really complex to me:blush: I should pay more attention to my cycle and luteal phase etc as otherwise i will be doing more of the same..BD wrong time:dohh:

id love to go through this crazy journey together and maybe this will be our year after all :winkwink:

Hi ladies thanks so much for the words of encouragement.:flower: i was talking to a friend tonight who pointed out 33 is not old yet and there are plenty of women who have children later in their 30s so I shouldn't feel like my biological clock is exploding.

I think i will give the FF thing a try I signed up a couple of months ago but it seemed really complex to me:blush: I should pay more attention to my cycle and luteal phase etc as otherwise i will be doing more of the same..BD wrong time:dohh:

id love to go through this crazy journey together and maybe this will be our year after all :winkwink:

for sure! new cycle, new month! aleja, will keep fx for a bfp for you this cycle. :hugs:

Exactly! Our biological clock is fine, it's just our patience that is exploding
as we are now in the super eager phase :mrgreen:

I think the FF charting will really help
I agree it can be a bit :huh: :shrug: at times,
but between us and the B&B collective I'm sure we can work it out :friends:

It will be our year!
On the positive rebound lol after another :bfn:
(yes I tested when I shouldn't have but I couldn't help it :blush:)
:muaha:

My mother just told me unprompted "Actually, you could be pregnant, your bbs look bigger."
:wohoo:

such a simple thing
who'd think :holly: could be a cause of such delirious glee.

[God if you listen to such requests
please please please [-o< [-o< [-o<
grant me a :bfp: when I have my blood test on Monday.]

My mother just told me unprompted "Actually, you could be pregnant, your bbs look bigger."
:wohoo:

such a simple thing
who'd think :holly: could be a cause of such delirious glee.

[God if you listen to such requests
please please please [-o< [-o< [-o<
grant me a :bfp: when I have my blood test on Monday.]

:flower:well they do say mothers know best. all the best tomorrow. keep us posted :dust::dust::dust:

Please dont give up hope ladies. Im 35 in August and got my BFP in February this year. The best piece of advice I can give is dont concentrate too much on it and it will just happen.
X

:flower:Hi Cherry, thanks for your post its great to hear good news stories. hope your you and your bub are doing well.
I agree with what you said about not getting too caught up in concentrating. i am trying to do this but as each months comes and goes it gets harder.
DH and I are planning to take a holiday at the end of the year..i think this will be good for us and get our minds off thinking about baby-making :wacko:

How long had you been trying before you got BFP ?

:flower:well they do say mothers know best. all the best tomorrow. keep us posted :dust::dust::dust:

I this instance, I also hope it is a case of mum knows best! :thumbup:

At the same time, part of me doesn't want to do the blood test tomorrow
in case I get a big, irrefutable BFN.
But then if my BBs keep getting bigger for no good reason, then that ain't on either! :trouble:

Off to :sleep: now lol
hopefully I'll have good news to report tomorrow.
Still :shy::help: at the thought of the BIG blood test though. There's no skirting around the results of that one :yellowcard:

aleja, have you started recording your cycle on FF yet? :coffee:

:dishes:

inpghttc &
Kaleido - how are you ladies going this cycle?
Are we in the first or the second 2ww?
(I'm being the nosey neighbour this evening lol)

GirlBlue your emotimeter (is that what they're called :mrgreen:)
has you feeling sad.
Why is that so? If you share with us ladies you wont feel so :cry: any more.
Plus!
I made some nice :cake:.
Cake always makes you feel good (well most times) :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"