Soon to be 34 and feeling pressured, anyone else?!?!

Before I moved to Italy I had a large group of girlfriends who I went to school with. Through FaceBook I see that pretty much all of them have one or two children now. My DH and I got married at the start of the month and started our TTC journey on honeymoon in Paris. We were so hopeful but AF arrived today. Yesterday I found out another of my friends is 13 weeks PG. So happy for her, just wish it was me.....
DH and I are both 30 and were secretly hoping we'd be one of the lucky couples that do everything right and get their BFP on the first try. Yeah right, no such luck. It's still early in the game for us but I feel the biological clock ticking for me too. The longer it takes the older we get.
Human bodies are incredible. We'll all get there, young, old or inbetween.
Baby dust to all you wonderful fearless women
x

Wow, I could have written most of these posts myself!! I will be 35 in December and just ended our 2nd cycle of ttc. And I want more than one kiddo before 40 ideally. The pressure is INTENSE!!! And I know what you all mean about it feeling like everyone else you know is getting pregnant easily. I didn't meet DH until I was 29. I wish now that we had started trying a few years ago, but there was always a good reason to wait. Now I'm just hoping and praying that we didn't wait too long and that we'll be successful soon. I keep thinking I should venture over to the ttc over 35 board, but it scares me too much :) I know people get pregnant after 35 all the time, but the time pressure does seem lots different that it would have if I had started younger. Oh, well, c'est la vie, I guess. Sending lots of baby dust out to all of you!!!
:dust:

hey there, same story here i wish we hadn't waited so long we have been together for 9+ years but we always had an excuse, money, travel, career, house etc etc etc . if i had know it was going be this hard i would have started trying long time ago. good luck to you

Alas! Only Retropsect is 20/20! :flower:
Okay over 30's :thumbup:
best wishes for the remainder of 2010,
may we all obtain the coveted BFP
and receive the amazing Life gift we are hoping for :dust:

Who is testing in July?
I am supposed to test August 1st, but I cant refrain from POAS :blush:
and are testing earlier than I should.
But Im ignoring all BFNs until at least 12dpo (currently on 6-7dpo I think) :)

Hi Everyone!
I hope you don't mind if I join? I just signed up to BnB today after a week of (obsessively) reading different forums and this one is exactly what I feel. I have a 7 year old son from a previous relationship that "just happened" with no stress, no symptom checking and no expectations. I was actually 13 weeks before I realized and POAS. And now I'm 33, documenting every twinge, pain, vein, CM, CP...it's making me CRAAAAZY! I m/c in April (unplanned) at 6wks which devastated me because every month that goes by and no pg happens I feel like I'm running out of time.
I'm currently 5dpo and the clock seems to have stopped moving. lol I need to locate my sanity!:loopy:

inpghttc.. i'm the 27th:) at the beginning of this year i told myself that i had to be pregnant by my birthday.. now i'm just months away.. don't know where the time has gone! :shrug:

aleja.. on one hand i'm ecstatic for anyone who is successful, then on the other hand, when i hear the news it's like a knife to my heart :cry: my cousin recently got married and announced just last week that she is 2 months along. SO happy for her but everyone in my family is on my case now because DH and i have been married 2 years +. my mum has even suggested i take some herbal remedies, lol.. and once even attempted to give me tips on babymaking which was mortifying because we never talked about those things before :blush:

think i ovulated on wednesday but we didn't BD because DH was away :( did manage to on tuesday tho so we'll see, but i'm not getting the feeling that this is my month.

and i feel like i'm going crazy because the week i ovulate til AF comes my body gets so weird :wacko: right now i'm getting a pinching feeling in the ovary area and my mouth keeps springing water.. it's just maddening!

anyhoo, as PositiveUs said, i'm going to stay positive because it's got to happen sooner or later, right? will just ignore that ticking clock in my head and really give it all i've got.

GL and :hugs: to everyone!

inpghttc.. i'm the 27th:) at the beginning of this year i told myself that i had to be pregnant by my birthday.. now i'm just months away.. don't know where the time has gone! :shrug:

aleja.. on one hand i'm ecstatic for anyone who is successful, then on the other hand, when i hear the news it's like a knife to my heart :cry: my cousin recently got married and announced just last week that she is 2 months along. SO happy for her but everyone in my family is on my case now because DH and i have been married 2 years +. my mum has even suggested i take some herbal remedies, lol.. and once even attempted to give me tips on babymaking which was mortifying because we never talked about those things before :blush:

think i ovulated on wednesday but we didn't BD because DH was away :( did manage to on tuesday tho so we'll see, but i'm not getting the feeling that this is my month.

I've read that it is best to BD before ovulation, so perhaps Tuesday was THE day :thumbup:

anyhoo, as PositiveUs said, i'm going to stay positive because it's got to happen sooner or later, right? will just ignore that ticking clock in my head and really give it all i've got.

Thank you! :hugs:
I wish you a happy and fast journey to your :bfp:

PS: Trinidad - how exotic! :D

Hi Everyone!
I hope you don't mind if I join? I just signed up to BnB today after a week of (obsessively) reading different forums and this one is exactly what I feel. I have a 7 year old son from a previous relationship that "just happened" with no stress, no symptom checking and no expectations. I was actually 13 weeks before I realized and POAS. And now I'm 33, documenting every twinge, pain, vein, CM, CP...it's making me CRAAAAZY! I m/c in April (unplanned) at 6wks which devastated me because every month that goes by and no pg happens I feel like I'm running out of time.
I'm currently 5dpo and the clock seems to have stopped moving. lol I need to locate my sanity!:loopy:

I noticed some veins on my bb that I cant remember noticing before ...
but maybe I have just never paid attention. [Previous to this attempt I hadn't gone insane on the entire list of 2ww symptoms :headspin:
and the online charts ...
although it has made the waiting easier and more enjoyable!]

Best wishes ReadynWaiting that this is your month also :dust:

Hi ladies!
I understand the pressure. We have only been trying 1 month and my hubbie is already worried. He is still young though (25) so he isn'tlikely to be the one with the dificulty.
I will be 35 in Sept. (Still not sure how I got this old)
I am also wondering is every little symptom is something other than AF.
I lost track of my cycle after we started TTC. I was having fun and forgot to track. now I have no clue when AF is comming, or if... This is still so new.

I'll be 31 in August and I already feel the pressure. My cycles have never been normal and I never really cared, but now I feel its the right time. I'm confronted with getting my cycle balanced and a bunch of other health issues that I wasn't prepared for. Frustrating to say the least. I totally feel you gals.

What really kicked my baby fever into high gear was when a very good friend of mine told me she was pregnant. It was a complete accident, really early into a very shakey relationship, totally unplanned and she was totally unready for it. I know, right!!!!!
By way of finding a positive in this, she was 36 when she got pregnant and she gave birth to a very healthy and gorgeous baby girl. She turned into a super star mama over night.
The stork will find us all
x

I didn't get scared till my gyno said, "you know you don't have alot of time left... Don't you?"
I never even considered the possibility of time running out.

I didn't get scared till my gyno said, "you know you don't have alot of time left... Don't you?"

That's rude of your gyno to say! She should just do her job of helping you conceive.

I am totally joining you guys in this because I am also turning 34 in september. It's scary and I feel so alone with all my friends either my age with babies or a lot younger.

I do want to say though that it could be worse...imagine if we haven't found our OH by now and are still searching for that. :) just a thought to lift us all up...

Evening Ladies,

I have just found this thread and would love to join you, haven't managed to read all the posts yet but I will get there.

I am 34 in December and I can feel my time slipping by quickly, I went off the pill in November (after 17 years) and didn't get a cycle until about 4 months ago. I am cd9 today so hopefully will O next week.

Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself I will go back and read all of the posts now, looking forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers

Sunshine1217, you make an excellent point about the fact that at least we have all met our significant others. I have two good friends, one almost 35 and the other just turned 34, and neither is even dating anyone right now. They both work with kids and very much want children. I would probably be having panic attacks if I were in their shoes :) / :(

And I have to remind myself to think back to when I was in my mid and late 20's and EVERYONE I knew, except me, was getting married and some were starting to have kids, and I kept hoping and praying that I would find the right guy, all the while fearing that it would never happen for me. It took me until I was 29 to meet him, but he was TOTALLY worth the wait. Every.Single.Second of the wait. He's amazing. So I need to believe that it will be the same way with baby, that just because I don't have that now doesn't mean it won't ever happen, and that he or she will be totally worth every single second of the wait.

((HUGS)) to all of you during our waits!!!

Evening Ladies,

I have just found this thread and would love to join you, haven't managed to read all the posts yet but I will get there.

I am 34 in December and I can feel my time slipping by quickly, I went off the pill in November (after 17 years) and didn't get a cycle until about 4 months ago. I am cd9 today so hopefully will O next week.

Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself I will go back and read all of the posts now, looking forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers

Great to meet you! I know what you mean about it slipping. I am just trying to be patient now. I was on BC pills 15 or so years. Got ovarian cysts rupuring w/in a month of stopping. Doc said that it was because my ovaries hadn't ovulated in so long that they went into overdrive. Didn't know they could do that. how did coming off bc pills work for you?

Sunshine1217, you make an excellent point about the fact that at least we have all met our significant others. I have two good friends, one almost 35 and the other just turned 34, and neither is even dating anyone right now. They both work with kids and very much want children. I would probably be having panic attacks if I were in their shoes :) / :(

And I have to remind myself to think back to when I was in my mid and late 20's and EVERYONE I knew, except me, was getting married and some were starting to have kids, and I kept hoping and praying that I would find the right guy, all the while fearing that it would never happen for me. It took me until I was 29 to meet him, but he was TOTALLY worth the wait. Every.Single.Second of the wait. He's amazing. So I need to believe that it will be the same way with baby, that just because I don't have that now doesn't mean it won't ever happen, and that he or she will be totally worth every single second of the wait.

((HUGS)) to all of you during our waits!!!

I was in a relationship all through my 20s but none that were right, some were just awful but being the serial monogamist I am, I was always in one. Then i started dating my OH (whom I've know for a long long time actually) and realized that no wonder I didn't want to marry of the previous ones! I am grateful everyday that I am with DH and there's never been a dull moment...sometimes sad moments because of our TTC journey but he's always given me a lot of support.

To wisdom in our 30s ladies! :winkwink:

and i feel like i'm going crazy because the week i ovulate til AF comes my body gets so weird :wacko: right now i'm getting a pinching feeling in the ovary area and my mouth keeps springing water.. it's just maddening!

he he he..my mum also gave me a 'talk' recently and suggested that i go see a doctor as she was a bit concerned that nothing is happening in the ttc department...and guess what i am already on the herb remedies !!! :haha:
not sure if it will do anything but i guess it makes me feel that i am doing all i can. like you it seems that EVERYONE in mine and DH's family are reproducing like rabbits..we are starting to be the odd couple out :wacko

Evening Ladies,

Cheers

welcome and best wishes :flower:

Hi Everyone!

hello there welcome onboard and hope you have a positive month:hugs:

That's rude of your gyno to say! She should just do her job of helping you conceive.

I am totally joining you guys in this because I am also turning 34 in September. It's scary and I feel so alone with all my friends either my age with babies or a lot younger.

I do want to say though that it could be worse...imagine if we haven't found our OH by now and are still searching for that. :) just a thought to lift us all up...

I'm going to put the man side of things to the side.
Only because from the time I was 20 until 32 I was with an 'OH', who as it turns out also had lots of other 'OH's', including my best friend.
I have since met a lovely man, but I am wary about conditioning my life happiness on having an OH.
Sometimes in reflection, I see by comparison what it means for two people to care about each other; what is normal behaviour and how much I missed out on with the previous OH. But at the same time I am also responsible for allowing it to go on for as long as it did and not making better choices.
My new OH is a good man and has showed me what normal people do when they care about each other and what a relationship is. Actually it is his care and family values that helped me see motherhood as possible and integral :kiss:

Great to meet you! I know what you mean about it slipping. I am just trying to be patient now. I was on BC pills 15 or so years. Got ovarian cysts rupuring w/in a month of stopping. Doc said that it was because my ovaries hadn't ovulated in so long that they went into overdrive. Didn't know they could do that. how did coming off bc pills work for you?

:howdy:

I went off bc when I broke up with my OH so I wasn't really paying attention to my cycles for a few months before and after.
In retrospect I think going off bc made my cycles a bit wayward: where it used to be every 27 or 28 days, it went all over the place from 19 - 42.
My cycles have settled back to what I assume is normal for me at 33, with my cycles on avergage being 25 or 26 days with the occasional 35. (The sporadic longer cycles always follow an international long haul flight).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->