Soon to be 34 and feeling pressured, anyone else?!?!

Hi all! Great thread--I'm going to be 34 next month, and yes, I feel TOTALLY pressured to have kids NOW. That magic "age 35" scares me, although my doctor says I have another 10 years or more of fertility. Not sure if he was trying to calm me down, but I still feel worried.

DH and I have only been trying 6 months, although to me it feels like too long :) The doctor told me to come to him after trying for 12 months. I'm ready to go back now!

To top it off, coworkers around me are getting pregnant left/right with little to no effort (or so they say). Everyone keeps telling me to "relax, and it will happen when the time is right." Easy to say when you're already pregnant, right? HA!

hi gals :)

thanks ambree, fx that we all get lucky soon! on tuesday tho let's just say things didn't end well with the :sex: sorry TMI.. DH was tired after a long day of work and i think he felt pressured :shrug: but the TWW is on nevertheless!

i told my gyno that i was concerned about my age and he told me not to worry, that 35 is the new 25.. but it wouldn't hurt to get started. apart from the problems i may face getting pregnant, i really don't want to be an old mum. and i definitely would like 3 kids so things need to start happening, lol! my gyno also recommended that we BD every other day and if we do that and nothing happens after 3 months then we've got to get things checked.

but my gosh, every other day is rather impossible for me.. don't have the energy for that! after working all day all i want to do is curl up on the settee and relax. must visualize my goal and find that energy somehow :shrug:

anyway, off to get dinner sorted.. hope everyone has a great weekend! and :dust: to all

:hugs:

I didn't get scared till my gyno said, "you know you don't have alot of time left... Don't you?"
I never even considered the possibility of time running out.

That's rude of your gyno to say! She should just do her job of helping you conceive.

I am totally joining you guys in this because I am also turning 34 in september. It's scary and I feel so alone with all my friends either my age with babies or a lot younger.

I do want to say though that it could be worse...imagine if we haven't found our OH by now and are still searching for that. :) just a thought to lift us all up...

how true, sunshine! i've got a few friends who are my age and still single. and one friend who is single and just had a mastectomy about a year ago only to find out a few months back that the cancer has returned and spread too :(

so no baby yet for me but i still feel blessed to have my health and my family. my baby will come!

Xx

Evening Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am loving this weather we are having in Scotland this weekend.

DHime - Wow that sounds painful I am sorry to hear about that, is it all sorted now? Is your cycle back to normal? I also had a bit of a nightmare coming off BC after soooo long. I went off it in November and didn't have a withdrawl bleed or any kind of bleed for months so I went to the doctor and they did all the tests and they told me I have PCOS so I started acupuncture, going to the gym and I went to a nutritionist and just had the tests repeated and they say I don't have it anymore so that is very exciting :happydance:. The last 3 months I have had a cycle and it seems to have been pretty regular with o being on day 17 but a variable lp. I had the tests done again last month so I know I ovulated last month so that is good. The doctors are pretty sure I have endometriosis though so I have been referred to the fertility clinic up at the hospital I am just waiting for my appointment to come through for that, I am just really hoping my tubes are not blocked. Phew sorry that turned into a bit of a novel lol sorry.

lovinlife - I totally feel like everyone is pregnant but me, apparently there is a baby boom on and loads of hospitals are struggling to cope and there is nothing that frustrates me more than people saying relax stop thinking about it and it will happen! I feel better when I am temping and paying attention to my cycle I don't want to forget about it and see if it happens grrr.

:dust: to everyone, PMA for this month.

hi ladies, i too am sick of the 'relax and it will happen' brigade. i dont know if i believe it. i work in a community setting and i meet all sorts of women who have addictions, mental problems and violent partners and they seem to be able fall pg easily. they are certainly not 'relaxed' so i dont understand it.
Nature is really a wonderous thing. :wacko:

I am too scared to test this month. i think i will just wait for AF to arrive. she is due one of these days as my cycle is anywhere between 29-34. last month it was 39 days and for a whole 5 days i thought i was preggs. So disappointing when AF turned up....:cry:i can already feel the first tinges of PMS...rhhhhhhh!!!!!

hi ladies, i too am sick of the 'relax and it will happen' brigade. i dont know if i believe it. i work in a community setting and i meet all sorts of women who have addictions, mental problems and violent partners and they seem to be able fall pg easily. they are certainly not 'relaxed' so i dont understand it.
Nature is really a wonderous thing. :wacko:
hehe that's true
:headspin:

My sister [35] can be a boozer with her partner, yet she got pg very easily and there certainly was no easy-does-it with the alcohol prior to or during any delicate 2ww.:friends:
She just decided she wanted a baby, went off bc, and hey presto that was it!

I am too scared to test this month. i think i will just wait for AF to arrive. she is due one of these days as my cycle is anywhere between 29-34. last month it was 39 days and for a whole 5 days i thought i was preggs. So disappointing when AF turned up....:cry:i can already feel the first tinges of PMS...rhhhhhhh!!!!!
My AF is due July 31st. I'm 8dpo today. The past few days I have been feeling quite hopeful that this was my month, but today I am doubtful that it is. I don't feel tired or bloated or any of the other things I have been feeling previously. I dunno. I have this niggling doubt that I am unable to hold or carry out implantation properly. I have no scientific basis for that, just melodramatic scenario analysis :brat:
So tonight I'm going to pop in to Coles and buy a FRER and see what the go is tomorrow morning at 9dpo. Yes its probably too early, but the sooner I find out the status quo the sooner I can get on with what I need to do.
Otherwise until then I am in this inactive 2ww limbo.

I started recording my BBT and CP, but I think at this stage it doesn't serve any good purpose other than to contribute to me not thinking about something else.
Really I need an all-consuming distraction for the next 7 days :juggle:

hi ambree my AF is due around the 31st too but i think its coming early as i already have choccy cravings and cramps. good luck hopefully its good news.

i am loving the term melodramatic analysis ..i might use this one too as today i had one myself:brat:
today at my in-laws for lunch and they announce that a close family member has announced she is 3 mths pg. i don't think i hid my utter disbelief very well and even my DH looked kinda shocked. we were pretty silent on the way home. i just can't help thinking..."why not us?? " and whether we will ever get a chance to announce some good news....:nope:
Anyway i must think positive. hopefully some of us ladies will get a BFP...can you imagine how good that will be:haha:

#-o
I've ate my way through a packet of TV snacks today and I didn't once think it was because :witch: was on her way.
But I ALWAYS get chocolate / sweet biscuit cravings right before AF :nope:

and worse, I'm now out of chocolate to commiserate :hissy:

It's the one question missing from all the fertility prediction surveys:
Did you CRAVE chocolate today?
yes.
OMG! Stand aside! Immediate :witch: dispatch on her way!!!

Okay off to the shops. Going to buy a FRER (and maybe some choccy...), to see if there's anything hopeful other than AF tomorrow morning :munch:

hi ambree my AF is due around the 31st too but i

i am loving the term melodramatic analysis ..i might use this one too as today i had one myself:brat:

hehe they're good aren't they :laugh2:

today at my in-laws for lunch and they announce that a close family member has announced she is 3 mths pg. i don't think i hid my utter disbelief very well and even my DH looked kinda shocked. we were pretty silent on the way home. i just can't help thinking..."why not us?? " and whether we will ever get a chance to announce some good news....:nope:
Anyway i must think positive. hopefully some of us ladies will get a BFP...can you imagine how good that will be:haha:

okay you've spurned me on, back to thinking :bfp: positive!!
:thumbup:

Not so good, ovulation pain today and it feels like AF is coming.
CP is high, but I've never regularly checked until this cycle, so a high CP could be normal for me at this time.
*sigh*
I wont see my OH until the end of September ... so if I'm not pg its another two months until we can ttc again :boat:

Ah yes I totally agree. Every pg quiz should include the mandatory chocolate question to eliminate PMS symptoms..mine would be
"Did You Eat a Whole Block of Chocolate ON YOUR OWN?"
if so I would get a BF YES:blush:

hope other ladies are having more luck this month

Ambree: Im new to the lingo.. what is CP?
sorry to hear your OH is going away that must be tough and require lots of planning. not to worry this may be ur month :dust:

Ah yes I totally agree. Every pg quiz should include the mandatory chocolate question to eliminate PMS symptoms..mine would be

sorry to hear your OH is going away that must be tough and require lots of planning. not to worry this may be ur month :dust:

CP is cervical position :)

Yes lots of planning, although my OH doesn't know half of it :ninja:
(He is in the NTNP category :mrgreen:)

Earlier this evening I did a FRER and I think I can see a very very faint pink or evaporation line ... so I've set my alarm for early in the morning
to give me time to POAS and assess any pink lines (imaginary or otherwise), with CSI scrutiny and analysis.
10dpo tomorrow!
:sleep:

Good for a :rofl: and information on pregnancy symptoms:

THE TRUTH ABOUT PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS

CP is cervical position :)

Yes lots of planning, although my OH doesn't know half of it :ninja:
(He is in the NTNP category :mrgreen:)

Earlier this evening I did a FRER and I think I can see a very very faint pink or evaporation line ... so I've set my alarm for early in the morning
to give me time to POAS and assess any pink lines (imaginary or otherwise), with CSI scrutiny and analysis.
10dpo tomorrow!
:sleep:

Can't wait to hear the verdict .sounds promising:dance:

Can't wait to hear the verdict .sounds promising:dance:

:sadangel:
but it is was not promising
only :bfn:
I really want it to be BFP so I can be pg.
I will be sooooooooo
disappointed if this cycle is not the one.
AF is due this Friday, July 31st.
I have a blood test on Friday but I will change it to Monday.
When I get the ultimate result, I dont want there to be any room for alternative possiblities that I can hold out hope on.
I've decided not knowing is better in this 2ww limbo window
than looking at another BFN singular pink line waiting hoping praying it will become two :growlmad:
I will not test again until Monday August 3rd.
No more ponderings until then.
And :witch: please stay away!!

How are you going in your cycle? :flower:
What is your intuition saying, do you have any symptoms that you feel positive about?

Anyone else on the ttc roller-coaster ride and having a melodramatic moment? :brat:
I don't want to stop riding
but I want it to end my way for once!
That's fair, isn't it? :bike:

Anyone else on the ttc roller-coaster ride and having a melodramatic moment? :brat:

Ambree, I totally understand. I tested early as well, twice! I was so depressed for a couple days... and AF came with a vegeance. I am going to make some more adjustments this cycle to make our TTC more fool proof (if that's possible). I want to be pregnant and not be TTC. Good luck to your testing, FX for you!

Ambree, I totally understand. I tested early as well, twice! I was so depressed for a couple days... and AF came with a vegeance. I am going to make some more adjustments this cycle to make our TTC more fool proof (if that's possible). I want to be pregnant and not be TTC. Good luck to your testing, FX for you!

I cant tell you how many times I have tested early :blush:
BUT
I wish I had read this beforehand!:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When_can_I_expect_a_positive_HPT_if_I_am_pregnant.html

B&B is great for learning about everything to do with Baby and Bump :flower:
but sometimes too much information can be a bad thing.
And I guess all the early dpo pregnancies with :bfp: results
made me think early tests are normal -
And *IF* I am pg this cycle
then it will show on a HRT and I will be BFP at 9 and 10 dpo also.
But it isn't always like that. Not in the majority of cases.
So for me now, it really is important not to test too early.
Because no matter how much I tell myself, "oh it can be a false negative"
successive BFN's affect me emotionally, and put me through more mental anguish than necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->