Sore back/tailbone

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
When im trying to sleep at night my back is really sore and i find it hard to get comfy to sleep and during the day my tailbone gets sore sitting to the point its painful to get up again.
Is this normal?

If it feels like its coming from deep down on your coccyx and doesn't feel skeletal, it could be a case of polynidal sinus which is a crest of hair or pit under the skin that can become irritated and inflammed and eventually an abcess. If it persists, go to the doctor and suggest it. Antibiotics usually clear it up but you need to get to it before it develops into an abcess. It isnt that common for women but I have suffered from it several times.
If you touch the area, is it ultra sensitive when apply pressure? I hope it isn't this for you as it can be very uncomfortable. Hopefully it is something that will pass quickly for you -x-

I don't remember that happening with me but I had a ton of stitches plus hemarhoids so sitting and getting up hurt anyways. Hopefully someone else can give you better advice :hugs:

Your ligaments will still be quite loose still due to the relaxin hormone. Your body is probably still trying to recover from birth. Speak to your health visitor if you are worried - she might refer you to the physio, they tend to fast track women who have just given birth or have small children.

I hope you feel better soon.

xxx

oh god hun sounds just like what i had when i had rosie, basically it was cos i had a really quick birth and flicked my cocyx bone cos i was lay flat on my back when giving birth,
i couldnt just stand up off the sofa or sit straight on the bed i had to lean to one side, and to get off the sofa i had to rollon my side slide onto the floor to my knees and stand up that way.
i had to sit on a rubber ring and put frozen peas in the middle. hope its not like this for you for long as it took months to go right again for me.
tell your mw she might have some advice for you.
x

Mine is isnt as extreme as that, jsut the sitting, sleeping and getting up from sitting.
I had a quick birth also so sounds like it could be a similar prob. I will men tion it to my mw tomorrow.

I had the same AG for about a week. I gave birth on my back and for the week after the bottom of my back was stiff and sore. x

I had a really bad back after giving birth and i have had for weeks. I seems to have got better now tho *touch wood* I was refered to physio and they gave me some exercies to do and then i started going to pilates classes and they seem to have done the trick with gentle exercise.

Hope u feel better soon hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->