Sorry i not been around for a while, lil update on Ella :(

nineena

mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Well i know i havent been on this thread for very long but i know a lot of you posted beautiful heartwarming and encouraging comments when i firsdt came over to this thread. Well just to re-cap our beautiful girl, Ella, was born 18/06 5 weeks early and diagnosed with a TOF where he oesophagus and stomach weren't connected and oesophagus was connected to her trachea. She had corrective surgery day 3 and has come on in leaps and bounds over the last 4weeks infact she was due to be discharged on Sunday just gone however....

Sat OH and I went out for dinner and came back to find 4 nurses and 2 docs standing over Ella with monitors bleeping and giving lots of suction, she'd vomited during a feed which doesnt sound unusual but Ella has never been sick and basically had a major Desat and couldnt really recover and for approx 3hrs was constantly desatting even with oxygen and stimulation. Docs reassessed her and did chest x-ray which showed she'd been aspirating milk.....something we did not want to happen as the surgery was supposed to correct that. She was put on IV antibiotics and fluids and feeds were reduced to just 20mls every 2hrs with more thick and easy which seemed to be going well but then Sun night they'd struggled to stop her from desatting again and so review doc decided to reduce feeds to 20mls every 4hrs (she was taking between 50 and 80mls every 3hrs when she was demand fed) and again she seemed ok. Consultant reviewed her yesterday morning and coz she's a fully fed baby asked staff to pass an NG tube so she could get her feeds in so this was done, staff started to feed her after checking position with PH strips and she started aspirating again. Further X ray showed that NG tube couldnt get down into tummy and basically had just curled round in her oesophagus so basically it's collapsed at the site of surgery so she's been NBM since and not a happy bunny atall. Got a call this morning to tell us theyre waiting of ambulance transfer to blue light her back to hospital she had the surgery as she'll need more corrective surgery asap to re-inflate her oesophagus :(

Thanks for listening ladies and your thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated xxx

she is in my thoughts as are you and your OH, look forward to good news later today :hugs:

Thinking of Ella and keeping you all in my prayers.

Sorry to hear poor Ella is having a rough time. Hopefully she will be on the mend after her next operation. Thinking of you all x

positive thoughts for you and OH and baby ella (beautiful name btw)

They can do soooo much for things like this, yes its a step back but its not the worst that could happen.

Keep smiling as Ella will need to see a happy mummy and daddy face when she wakes up from her operation

:hugs:ohh my :hugs: so sorry to hear about this you must be a wreck try to be positive and stay strong for ella, wishing you all the best and your in mu thoughts and prayers :hugs:

:hugs: I don't know you Nineena or your gorgeous little Ella but you will both be in my thoughts. Wishing you all the best.

:hugs: thinking of you and Ella

My thoughts and prayers are with you. It's sooo hard to go through this. X

wow.... that`s just so awful *huuuugs* thinking of you real hard

Your both in my thoughts :hugs: try and stay positivexxx

Thanks for all your lovely comments everyone. Well Ella is back at hospital she had surgery done, had a barium meal x ray last night which shows that oesophagus has narrowed but also potentially the original surgery has kind of undone itself so that her oesophagus and trachea look like theyve re-connected which would explain why she's been aspirating. They managed to pass an NG tube with guide wire so at least Ella's being fed now but surgeon has told us he wouldnt want to operate for at least another 2 weeks to enable her to be stronger and at least 6wks post-op so we've got a very long wait and it's going to be a while longer before she can come home. Annoying thing is now the tube is in place you wouldnt have a clue anything was wrong with her coz she's otherwise medically fit grr

:hugs: for you and the family well @ least they have identified the problem i beleive all will be well once the surgery is completed

Thanks :) Yeah once surgery is done everything should be ok for a while. We know she'll probably need her oesophagus widening again throughout her life but just want baby home safe and well before thinking about other surgeries in future xx

Oh Nineena - hope you are all doing okay hun.

Thinking of you both xxx :hugs: xx

Glad to hear that she is doing better once again.
Good luck to you in the coming time.
She is so pretty!

I`ve been thinking of you nineena... I can`t believe when they first put in a feeding tube after the operation they didn`t CHECK that it was in her stomach. That`s routine for all nurses, except perhaps the most experienced ones. I`ve seen nurses just graduated who verified with a stethoscope. You would think after a major gastro surgery they would be careful!! grrr! I`ve been angry for you :blush:

Thanks again and Vermeil this was different tube to tube she had in after surgery. When Ella had surgery 4 almost 5wks ago she came out with tube in and this was kept in until 2weeks ago coz she didnt need it anymore the 2nd tube was coz of her aspirating and not able to maintain small amounts of feeds but the docs did say they wanted it checked with x ray before it was used but the nurse thought it was in position coz she tested the ph from juice she aspirated from tube so i was annoyed about them not checking the 2nd time. Ella will probably just remain stable now until they do decide to operate again. Apparently she pulled out 2 tubes last night lol so has kept the surgeons busy coz none of the nurses at surgical hospital feel confident placing the tube coz of the surgery she's had lol nice to know she's feeling better again and obviously stronger to be being so boisterous hehe. Will let you all know how it goes xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->