Sorry i not been around for a while, lil update on Ella :(

Awe I am so sorry. But it sounds like Ella is feisty and strong!

I just wanted to say, as a preemie mom to an aspirating baby (my son was born at 23.4 weeks and had his PDA surgical closed, which paralyzed his left vocal cord..which caused him aspirate on all liquids...which resulted in him getting a g-tube (a feeding tube directly into the stomach through the stomach on the outside)). That you may not see or feel it right now, but it's VERY lucky they caught the fact she was aspirating when they did and that she isn't actually a WHOLE lot sicker than she was.

Aspirating as I am sure you know, can cause aspiration pneumonia very quickly and it can be extremely dangerous especially in premature babies. So she is lucky!

Good luck, I hope she is well on her way to recovery...and home!

Thanks again and Vermeil this was different tube to tube she had in after surgery. When Ella had surgery 4 almost 5wks ago she came out with tube in and this was kept in until 2weeks ago coz she didnt need it anymore the 2nd tube was coz of her aspirating and not able to maintain small amounts of feeds but the docs did say they wanted it checked with x ray before it was used but the nurse thought it was in position coz she tested the ph from juice she aspirated from tube so i was annoyed about them not checking the 2nd time. Ella will probably just remain stable now until they do decide to operate again. Apparently she pulled out 2 tubes last night lol so has kept the surgeons busy coz none of the nurses at surgical hospital feel confident placing the tube coz of the surgery she's had lol nice to know she's feeling better again and obviously stronger to be being so boisterous hehe. Will let you all know how it goes xxx

wow... that sounds complicated :dohh: Yes please keep us updated!!

Sending :hugs: and thinking of you all

The support on this forum never ceases to amaze me, you are all so lovely. Nothing new to update it's just a waiting game til surgeons decide she's big enough for surgery. Til then she gets tube fed and just grows and is just getting more and more gorgeous every day. Really cant wait to bring her home xxx

Glad I found this post and read your story. What a story though! I can't imagine the worry you must have been feeling...

I'm glad Ella is doing ok. It must be so frustrating for you though having thought you were about to be bringing her home.

Sending Ella (and you all) lots of positive healing vibes.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->