Sounds like fun

mummy2o

Reaction score
I would highly recommend this program for anyone in the UK with children with speech delay and has access to Cartoonito. My son loves it. He is an older child at 6 and in year 2, but developmental he's at the end of reception year. He has a typical attention span of a goldfish if he's not interested in something, so I was wondering if he would like this. We sat on the couch together and watched the first episode together and it was brilliant. He was copying the phonic sound and actions, they use the jolly phonics system so it is reinforcing what he is doing at school. Then we talk about the activity going on. Just simple things like what are the children doing/does O like picnics/what sandwich would you have etc. Then they sound out 3 simple words and say the word. He loves me sounding it out and he says it. For some reason he can say sounded out words but can't read them, so this is giving him great practise. I can't recommend this program enough and I have noticed in the short time he's doing it, it has improved his reading slightly which he still is on level 1 books with the basic words, but he's more likely to attempt them by himself and I couldn't be more proud of him.

Sorry for the long post but I'm so impressed with DS as I honestly never thought this day would come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->