Soup breakfast

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
Yesterday morning I walked past a cafe and there was a board outside listing some of the breakfast options. There was one which just said "soup breakfast"- I've never heard of soup breakfast. There was a waitress outside wiping a table and I asked her what a soup breakfast was and she looked at me like I was a bit weird and said "just your usual soup breakfast" :shrug:. I asked if it was just soup, at breakfast time and she said "no it's the full soup breakfast".
Is this a thing?? What in the heck is a soup breakfast?!

i dont know where you are but im in south east UK. its not a common thing here but my OH quite often has soup for breakfast. he said it fills him up more than cereal/toast etc & can last from 8am (when he eats/drinks it) until 4pm.. he will then have a slice of toast when he gets in from work & dinner at 6.30-7pm..
anyway ive rambled on :dohh:

xx

This has made me laugh so much :rofl:
I have no idea what a soup breakfast is.. I'd have had to go in and try it :haha:

Lol at the fact the waitress looked at you funny as if you were the weird one!!
I've never heard of it either!! Xx

this really made me laugh as well :rofl: I have NEVER heard of a soup breakfast in my life! :lol:

I have never heard of a soup breakfast before. That's a new one! :haha:

Im in the New Forest and we often have tomato soup for breakfast and at cafe a soup breakfast will be tomato.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hadn't heard of it before! If it was just soup for breakfast I could understand that, but it's the "full soup breakfast" thing which had e so intrigued- like what wondrous accompaniments does it come with?! I think I'm going to phone the cafe and ask because I'm so intrigued- better not just be a bread roll or I will be gutted :haha:

Please let us know - I am beyond intrigued! Have never heard soup and breakfast in the same sentence before!

Update :haha:.
I phoned the cafe and asked what the soup breakfast was and the lady told me "today's soup breakfast is tomato soup (you were right Midnight Fairy!) with a ham and cheese croissant"
Well I never!!

Never heard of people having soup for breakfast!

To each their own, but that sounds like lunch to me! Thanks for the update x

I had soup for breakfast once when I was hungover and it worked :haha: But never heard of it being an actual breakfast food. Thanks for updating! :)

Ive never heard of this in my life!
I would totally order that tho, I might look for a cafe doing a soup brekkie now!!!

Soup would fill you up for ages but not sure I would fancy it early in the morning. Maybe 10.30/11am.

I found this...

https://www.thekitchn.com/beyond-oatmeal-exploring-the-b-145027

Never heard of it either :lol: I'd of been the one looking at her weird not the other way around. Not sure I'd fancy soup for breakfast though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->