Soup breakfast

I've never heard of soup for breakfast. Seems like an odd breakfast choice, lol.

Having said that, I just finished reading A Fault in Our Stars, and one of the conversations in it is definitely coming to mind, lol. The main character was complaining that who decided eggs should be a breakfast only food, that if they DO happen to get served at another meal, it still gets classified as breakfast food at that meal. Like breakfast for dinner. Why is that? Why does it automatically get classed as only appropriately served at breakfast, or as having breakfast at another mealtime? LOL. I think the same applies to soup, I guess!

I have never heard of that, but I would really like a bowl of soup in the mornings!

Well you learn something new every day! I'm trying to imagine the reaction of people up north to the introduction of a 'soup breakfast'. Somehow I'm not seeing a success!

That's hilarious and I've only ever seen anything like that when I went to japan.
I was imagining sausages, bacon and eggs in mushroom soup for a moment.
I may well start having soup for breakfast though xx

Eleanor I love that you called and asked haha! Sounds nice

we dont have that here, but sometimes people have pancakes for dinner why not soup for breakfast haha

not that i would, i hate breakfast, but sounds like a good brunch

Never heard of it here either (in the US), but now I want some grilled cheese and tomato soup! That combination is popular, but not for breakfast.

:rofl: random but sounds nice :p

I am really not a breakfast person but even if I do eat first thing I don't make a distinction between "breakfast food" and other stuff, just have what i fancy out of the stuff I've got in!

Cant say I've ever heard if soup for breakfast (looks like it's just you Em!) but I can imagine it's quite filling.

Soup for breakfast is lovely. It's always been an "after a night travelling" thing for me though.

When we lived in London, we'd often drive back up to Edinburgh through the night for a visit and would stop at a cafe and I'd have soup. Never with a croissant though - sounds posh :winkwink: :haha:

It doesnt sound like breakfast to me at all....brunch at a push!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->