Southend, Essex area

XsarahGrace

OH, and Boo
Reaction score
i am fed up with all my friends without babies, they go out all the time and don't like that i won't go out with them.
a few of my friends have babies go all the time but i dont so i kind of get left out now

so anyone?
x

Hey hun I am from Rayleigh. How old is your little girl? My little boy is 15 weeks :)

Im not in essex, in gravesend, so not far :)

and tell me about it, my friends are very much like that aswell, x

I'm in southend to Hun my little one is 8 months and is a little terror!! Lol

Im expecting but am in Billericay, nice to know theres a few of you local (ish!) xx

I'm due on Boxing Day (35 weeks along now) and down in Basildon.

Slightly off topic but do any of you have recommendations as to where I can get some nice bump photos done please?

Thanks lots.

V

I live in Chelmsford, but I drive so would happily come southend way :)

I never had bump pictures taken but theres a great place in leigh on sea that does photos

and My aunt lives chelmsford way Were abouts in chelmsford do you live

xx

I live kind of near the big cemetary in writtle road. :)

Hello all,
I'm in Chelmsford but spend lots of time in Southend too as that’s where I am from.
All my mates are blokes and none have babies.
I'm drifting away from them. I'm a wife and very soon to be mummy so I don’t have much to chat to them about anymore.

Would love some new mummy friends to laugh with xx

Hey hun, I have a 4 month old little boy and don't have many friends with babies even now. I see you're hoping for a home birth! Brilliant - I started off in a pool at home and it was fab. I intended to do it all at home but ended up having to go in. I am also really in to natural parenting, my son is exclusively breastfed and we co-sleep part of the night.

xx

Hello!, Yeah I'm new to babies to be honest but i really want to breastfeed exclusively, co sleep and use re-unable nappies.
It’s not for everyone and I completely believe in people’s right to choose what is right for them.

I can’t wait for my home birth. We are doing hypnobirthing so I feel really confident about it all (for now :haha:).

So how are you finding being a mummy. The only thing that worries me is that I don’t know any other mummies so I have no one to ask about stuff.

We should do a big South essex meet :cloud9:

Hello! Well feel free to ask me anything - not that I'm an expert! I have really been muddling through and had only held a baby twice before my one!! One was 12 years ago!

I also have reusable nappies and we did Hypnobirthing!

So how old are you? I'm 27 and have been married 14 months. This is our first baby and I wasn't massively maternal so I found the first few weeks challenging but I love it now and it feels so much easier now we're this far down the line. I go to a fab breastfeeding group in Rayleigh (they are everywhere - I'm sure there are loads nearer Chelmsford) but if you ever need any help or advice early on or even support when you wonder if you're doing it right then you should come along. There aren't many people that go but the volunteers that run it are amazing and have helped me massively. I have found breastfeeding really lovely and I love the bond it has created, especially like I say as I wasn't sure how I'd cope with the whole being maternal thing!

xx

I'd def be up for meeting too - like you I'm always looking for Mummy friends :) Are you on Facebook?

Thank you, I suppose not having lots of experience with babies may well turn out to be a good thing. Some of my family look at me like I'm mad when I talk about hypnobirthing, co-sleeping, reusable nappies ect.
I'd hate to have lots of girl mates who tried to talk me out of what i wanted to do.
I'm 25, I've been married for 17 months. I think I'm going to give up work and become a full time mum but I might go to uni a few days a week. I'm fairly maternal person anyway but a baby is a whole new world. Its scary but I honestly cant wait to be a mum. I really want to breastfeed for as long as I can\ baby needs it.
I have found a class round the corner. I'll start after i start my maternity leave in January.
I hope its good. I think having the right support is key to breastfeeding. So many people have told me not to bother and that it hurts and I wont be able to cope, but I don't agree. I think well they must be doing it wrong??

Yeah I'm on facebook, Search Victoria Griffiths-Jones xx

Have sent you a friend request :)

I was the same - my Mum is really supportive so that is good but a lot of people thought I was mad. I am also vegan though so I'm pretty used to people thinking I'm mad!! O couldn't agree more - stick to your guns and go for what is important to you - I always really admire people with passion and who know what they want in life, no matter what it is. I by no means have the perfect routine with my baby - the feeding has been pretty easy for us but he doesn;t sleep for long periods at night so we partly co-sleep. I try to use my intuition a lot and he's a happy, smiley baby so this is all that matters. You will get all sorts of advice but my only advice is have confidence in your own mind and body, what anyone else thinks doesn't matter!

I think support is key to feeding - don't listen to people trying to put you off. They are usually people who weren't willing to dedicate themselves to it or found they couldn't do it for one reason or another. I know it's very easy for me to say as I didn't have many problems but for me breastfeeding has been an amazing experience and now at 4 months feeding is soooo easy, no faffing around with bottles for us! It is the most natural thing in the world and what we were designed to do!

Have you ever read anything by Ina May Gaskin? I think you'd love her books and take on birth.

Do you work locally? I work in London but like you I think I might stay at home, I don't think I'll be able to leave him and am lucky that Hubby's money can cover everything I think.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->