Soy Isoflavones + 6 days late = WTH?

missy5flores

Reaction score
Do you ladies have any experience with soy isos delaying your period? I am normally a 36/37 day cycle and decided to take soy this time around, CD's 6-9. Unfortunately I decided not to temp or use opk's this cycle to give myself a break from the headaches, and now I can't be 100% sure I O'd. Good job me :dohh:
Today marks the 6th day of a no show AF. On top of that I'm having no symptoms of AF or possible preg, light on and off pinching/cramping but nothing really noticeable. Could soy be postponing my period this long? I really hope I didn't mess up my cycle :growlmad:
Thanks for listening!

I use SI for three cycles and it didn't do anything to my cycles but I know some had longer cycles because of it. Maybe you O later and it's making AF show up later. I would definitely recommend OPK. That's how I got my BFP.

I have no experience with soy isoflavones but it's just the worst when you take a charting/temping break and things go funky :dohh: . Hope you get some solid input!

It is quite possibly that the soy threw off your cycle. It can do that for some women. Nothing to do now but wait. And if you get any EWCM, BD of course!

My cycles a week longer without it.
Waiting for AF so I can get on with another round.

Thanks so much for the input, it's much appreciated. As always any advice/stories help.

Still no AF, but I will try to update once something happens.

And yes, ssjad, I have taken a hpt on the 2nd late day as well as an opk just to see if either would show something, and both were BFNs.

A friend of mine on BnB took soy and it caused a VERY long cycle. She basically had to wait it out. After a few weeks her period finally came and she vowed never to use soy again.

This is a risk of trying soy. Nothing is permanently wrong, your body just needs some time to straighten itself out. <3

First off, it is HIGHLY suggested to never ever take Soy past CD6 .... that could be whats messing your cycle up.

I've never taken it, but I've heard a lot of stories on here about it causing delayed ovulation and/or extending your cycle by quite some time.

A friend of mine on BnB took soy and it caused a VERY long cycle. She basically had to wait it out. After a few weeks her period finally came and she vowed never to use soy again.

This is a risk of trying soy. Nothing is permanently wrong, your body just needs some time to straighten itself out. <3

Thank you for the input, I've definitely experienced what your friend has. I FINALLLLY got my AF this AM, making it 9 days late and a 46 day cycle.

No more soy for me sadly, I wished it would've worked.

First off, it is HIGHLY suggested to never ever take Soy past CD6 .... that could be whats messing your cycle up.

So, with that being said, is it not good to take soy CD's 5-9 as well? I ask only because I've seen plenty of soy threads suggesting those days. Hmmm...

So, with that being said, is it not good to take soy CD's 5-9 as well? I ask only because I've seen plenty of soy threads suggesting those days. Hmmm...

Hey
What I meant was it can/should only be taken CD1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8 or 5-9, its recommended you don't START on cd 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->