Spanking kids can cause long-term harm

Status
Not open for further replies.

purapura

Reaction score
Hi all, just saw this article:

https://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/spanking-kids-can-cause-long-term-harm-canada-study

Well,I personally disagree with hitting children as a form of discipline. I fail to see how it helps them learn right and wrong, but thats just my opinion
xx

Well,I personally disagree with hitting children as a form of discipline. I fail to see how it helps them learn right and wrong, but thats just my opinion
xx

I am totally with you on this one.

Skimmed the article, looks like this is only a problem in Canada. ;)

Don't completely agree either way.

https://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/budgie63/worms.jpg

I dont really agree, me and all my siblings were smacked none of us are thick, aggressive or anti-social.

I won't be smacking my son though.

I was spanked, but am determined NOT to do same to my own.

best wishes

Nothing like a good swat on the bum to teach right from wrong! I was never spanked and i don't plan on spanking but i really don't see it as a problem.

Everyone's going to have a different opinion on spanking. I might get flamed for this, but I'm all for it, to an extent. I was spanked, as was my brother and most of the people I know. We aren't anti-social, aggressive, or anything like that. We're productive members of society.
For some kids spanking may have no effect. In which case you move on to another form of discipline.

Not looking to be judged by my thoughts on this.. just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Whether you believe in spanking or not... this society as a whole is raising a bunch of ego centric, self entitled brats which HAS to be a direct result of parenting.

I think we need to research why that is.. or why the generations beneath me(I am 34) are supposedly said to have no empathy for others. I think we need to be RESEARCHING that as well and find out what has changed in the way we raise our children that has caused this to happen.

Ha ha! What a pile of :-#
I was spanked and I have never used substances (even cigarettes), never suffered from depression, developed normally, have a pretty decent IQ thanks very much, and did not display antisocial tendencies as a child, and still don't. Same goes for my siblings, and cousins too.
This is one big can of worms if you ask me :shrug: x

Whether you believe in spanking or not... this society as a whole is raising a bunch of ego centric, self entitled brats which HAS to be a direct result of parenting.

I think we need to research why that is.. or why the generations beneath me(I am 34) are supposedly said to have no empathy for others. I think we need to be RESEARCHING that as well and find out what has changed in the way we raise our children that has caused this to happen.

:haha: I'm 20 and, as well as modest, I'm also a very thoughtful, well mannered being with oodles of empathy! I know of plenty of people, whos ages range from 10 - 60, all wonderful, and the same for the arseholes too. :dohh:

Well I was spanked/smacked, along with most people my age & DH's age (26 & 35 respectively) & I'm not anti-social, I'm not agressive & I would also like to think I'm fairly intelligent (well before having kids I was anyway). Theres a difference between beating the crap out of your kids & a gentle tap on their hands/bum imo

I would never hit LO at all as i don't see what they learn from it but me and my Brothers were all hit when we'd been naughty and we've survived

:haha: I'm 20 and, as well as modest, I'm also a very thoughtful, well mannered being with oodles of empathy! I know of plenty of people, whos ages range from 10 - 60, all wonderful, and the same for the arseholes too. :dohh:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201006/is-the-me-generation-less-empathetic

Here ya go.

Did you think I was just being mean?

I was spanked and it never taught me anything. It just made me upset. I won't be hitting Aubrey at all. There are better, less violent ways to discipline.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201006/is-the-me-generation-less-empathetic

Here ya go.

:haha: no hun, and just re-read and realised the :dohh: face probably looked directed at you! It was supposed to be at the 'same for the arseholes' bit :p

Well I was spanked/smacked, along with most people my age & DH's age (26 & 35 respectively) & I'm not anti-social, I'm not agressive & I would also like to think I'm fairly intelligent (well before having kids I was anyway). Theres a difference between beating the crap out of your kids & a gentle tap on their hands/bum imo

I was never spanked.

When I was in High school I was a bitch and aggressive and I am also very intelligent and not anti-social. I don't think spanking or not spanking had anything to do with it. All personality.

Maybe I should have been spanked instead of my father raising his voice at me. :winkwink: I don't think spanking is going to lead to someone being a psychopath.

Keep in mind, when I say I was a bitch - it was to people of my own age - people with no common sense and I have always been respectful of older people/grandparents, parents, MizzDeeDee, Ect. ;)

Here ya go.

:haha: no hun, and just re-read and realised the :dohh: face probably looked directed at you! It was supposed to be at the 'same for the arseholes' bit :p

Gotcha. I don't think ALL people beneath my generation are like that btw... Obviously you can't paint everyone with one broad brush.

flog them all for christs sake or they'll never learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"