Spanking kids can cause long-term harm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was spanked/smacked, along with most people my age & DH's age (26 & 35 respectively) & I'm not anti-social, I'm not agressive & I would also like to think I'm fairly intelligent (well before having kids I was anyway). Theres a difference between beating the crap out of your kids & a gentle tap on their hands/bum imo

I was never spanked.

When I was in High school I was a bitch and aggressive and I am also very intelligent and not anti-social. I don't think spanking or not spanking had anything to do with it.

Keep in mind, when I say I was a bitch - it was to people of my own age - people with no common sense and I have always been respectful of older people/grandparents, parents, MizzDeeDee, Ect. ;)

Waiting for MD to notice......

I actually disagree with spanking as its a lot less effective than caning.

whit said:
Keep in mind, when I say I was a bitch - it was to people of my own age - people with no common sense and I have always been respectful of older people/grandparents, parents, MizzDeeDee, Ect. ;)

The small print is a little hard to read at her age.

Well I was spanked/smacked, along with most people my age & DH's age (26 & 35 respectively) & I'm not anti-social, I'm not agressive & I would also like to think I'm fairly intelligent (well before having kids I was anyway). Theres a difference between beating the crap out of your kids & a gentle tap on their hands/bum imo

I was never spanked.

When I was in High school I was a bitch and aggressive and I am also very intelligent and not anti-social. I don't think spanking or not spanking had anything to do with it.

I caught it.. immediately.

That's FINE. At least she respects her elders. :haha:

I think there should be a study done of psychopaths, murders ect. to see if they were spanked as a child. I think that study might be more effective.

whit said:

The small print is a little hard to read at her age.

You're older then ME! Go change your pee pad and sit in the corner.

I think there should be a study done of psychopaths, murders ect. to see if they were spanked as a child. I think that study might be more effective.

Only the ones who enjoyed it :thumbup:

:lol: Sorry hun, I'm REALLY socially awkward... even in forums. Especially in forums. At least in real life I can do a merry jig to break the tension :p

I was spanked as a child with a belt when I did wrong and there is nothing wrong with me. I do believe in giving my kids a smack on the butt when they misbehave. If you don't discipline, they will think what they did was ok and continue. Now, I believe where the behaviour problems come in is where the mother or father spanks the child when they are angry, loses control, and they can cause damage to the child mentally and physically. I make sure that I am fully calm when I spank my child on the bottom and when I say spank, I really mean pat. When you leave marks is when you went to far. I pat to let them know.

Spanking has no bearing on behaviour, it just hurts.

Ha ha! What a pile of :-#
I was spanked and I have never used substances (even cigarettes), never suffered from depression, developed normally, have a pretty decent IQ thanks very much, and did not display antisocial tendencies as a child, and still don't. Same goes for my siblings, and cousins too.
This is one big can of worms if you ask me :shrug: x

I was spanked as were my siblings, and I agree with Ruth here. BUT.
I do not plan to spank my children. I believe that it doesn't matter which form of discipline you choose (time-outs, etc) as long as it is consistent. I personally think that using spanking as a discipline should be a last resort and should never, ever be done in anger. :flower:

For the ones who DO agree with spanking - what are things your children do that constitute a spanking? Not judging, just curious.

I don't believe in spanking. My mum did it once to me and all it did was make me really scared and confused, because I was taught (and believe) that physically hurting others is wrong. So how am I supposed to teach my daughter not to ever hurt others if I'm going to hurt her?

I'd rather use other discipline methods or even better, find out exactly WHY my child is misbehaving and talk about it and solve the problem.

I was smacked and hey ho I'm not a deranged psychopath :) Neither's my son who has been smacked on occasion... yet.... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"