Spanking kids can cause long-term harm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be a non-spanker, but I remember being spanked. It ended as suddenly as it began though. I don't know if my parents just decided it wasn't effective or not anymore, I never asked. I remember, since then, being in fear of my parents disapproval. Because I was spanked, I knew that it could come back as a consequence, if you know what I mean? I was scared to be spanked. I didn't misbehave because I feared being spanked. I hope that makes sense.

It was the same for me.

hugs to you Dragonfly. it seems to be the same group all the time on bnb lately, and I am getting quite tired with it. I have 'known' you for years dragon, and you are one of the kindest on BnB. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, and there is a group on here that just love to get into the thick of it, and I am just trying to avoid these people now. Chin up love. x

I don't see a 'group'. I see individual women with strong opinions. By presuming women are grouping together for the sake of getting into 'the thick of it' you are devaluing their opinions!

I am 'fairly sure' that the last time i was conversing with Divine it was about something we were Not in agreement over ;)

(take your pick from cirumcision, breastfeeding, early weaning etc etc)

So this idea of a 'band of women' clubbing together is absurd, i ride very much alone there are just certain things that i agree with people on, and certain things i dont. Dredging personal nonesense through vast threads is NOT how i roll, that goes for 'banding together' or continually attacking someone.

So I take great offense to that insinuation actually!

On THIS THREAD i have seen Dragonfly attack Divine for having a different opinion, pick apart HER posts and make personal comments to her

and then suggest that shes done nothing of the sort and even had the AUDACITY to suggest the crimes SHE is guilty of have been coming to her!!

Crazy!

Well everything appears to all be directed at divine because shesso angry when anyone says anything at all negative. If she's secure in her parenting method why is she constantly defending it? If you're happy with spanking, fine. Stop jumping on everyone thinking they are all against you.

What mother wouldn't be? You wouldn't be "angry" when someone was having a go at your parenting? She has been the ONLY one singled out in this whole thread. And yes, she has been singled out.

By the way, whit. I don't appreciate being followed around BnB trying to poke holes in all my responses. If you have an issue, pm me because I think this all stems from your other thread.

Wtf are you talking about? I didn't even say much to you in the other thread and if you want to get technical I posted a few posts in this thread BEFORE YOU. :thumbup: Maybe Divine is tired of you following her around the forum and criticizing everything she says because you DO do that.

I think its the exact same response. If I say Maria's name firmly when she's doing something she shouldn't she jumps, its not fear as I've only used redirection so far.

It's because your child is scared of you, silly.

hugs to you Dragonfly. it seems to be the same group all the time on bnb lately, and I am getting quite tired with it. I have 'known' you for years dragon, and you are one of the kindest on BnB. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, and there is a group on here that just love to get into the thick of it, and I am just trying to avoid these people now. Chin up love. x

Well said :)

Really? :roll: I'm quite tired of you bitches banding together and causing problems with Divine and attacking her. And yes, you guys have been bitches. I'm an adult & have my own opinion about everything. I can make my own choices about what I agree and disagree with. The ones you are "grouping" together - I don't agree with everything they do. But, alias, I don't care how they parent.

I am 'fairly sure' that the last time i was conversing with Divine it was about something we were Not in agreement over ;)

(take your pick from cirumcision, breastfeeding, early weaning etc etc)

So this idea of a 'band of women' clubbing together is absurd, i ride very much alone there are just certain things that i agree with people on, and certain things i dont. Dredging personal nonesense through vast threads is NOT how i roll, that goes for 'banding together' or continually attacking someone.

So I take great offense to that insinuation actually!

On THIS THREAD i have seen Dragonfly attack Divine for having a different opinion, pick apart HER posts and make personal comments to her

and then suggest that shes done nothing of the sort and even had the AUDACITY to suggest the crimes SHE is guilty of have been coming to her!!

Crazy!

:thumbup:

:happydance:

Here's a social experiment for those who think this is abuse. Go out in real life, find someone who spanks, and tell them they are abusing their children. See how that works out.

In fact, get a group of them together, say that you think it's abuse, and if any of them take it personally, tell them you have a right to your opinion and that they probably just have a guilty conscious.

I'm willing to bet it won't go over well.

You are rediculous, if there is a 'group' then why do we all not agree spanking our children? What you wrote makes no sense.
You are another one of those women that love to pick people apart and offer your 'hugs' in the middle of a thread to the opposite side who has been disrespectful.

Urgh. I suggest to a select few of you on this thread that your time on the forum would be greatly enhanced (and wouldn't bring you to our attention quite as much) if you put some members, who you seem unable to converse with civilly, on your ignore list. Perhaps doing it voluntarily is better than Admin having to enforce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"