Spanking kids can cause long-term harm

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a slight change of note. Out of interest we're you as a spanker or non-spanker, spanked by your parents??
:
No I wasnt spanked it was disrespectful to smack, hit, tap any one and if I had to hit someone my parents would have been horrified and embarrassed. My whole family would have been told about it and I would have been ashamed. Because spanking wasnt respectable it was classed as well what lower kind of people done and my gran always said use your words to fight never your fists it lets you down, same went for parents hitting kids. My mum would never even consider laying a finger on us we never needed it either. My dad came from an abusive dad, I dont know a lot on the situation but he wouldnt ever hit us and has said that to me when we had this discussion.

I mean that sincerely that is what it was like growing up for me not to annoy or put down any one. I probably can assume my post will be picked apart and accused of calling people all sorts now. Just saying like it was when I was growing up.

No!! No bad tone taken at all:flower: Your poor Dad, he must have some sad memories in there:(]Now that probably was abuse but go back a few generations and things like belts weren't unheard of. I'm glad he never brought it into his family:thumbup:

Again my situation I feel is again slightly different and maybe controversial as my children also all Box and from a young age, as has all of DH's family, so rather than a complete non-fighting up-bringing they are taught how and when. I don't even know if thats relevant but maybe also we used the corporal method (which I suppose is what it is) to even toughen up for a future glove on the nose?

On a slight change of note. Out of interest we're you as a spanker or non-spanker, spanked by your parents??
:
No I wasnt spanked it was disrespectful to smack, hit, tap any one and if I had to hit someone my parents would have been horrified and embarrassed. My whole family would have been told about it and I would have been ashamed. Because spanking wasnt respectable it was classed as well what lower kind of people done and my gran always said use your words to fight never your fists it lets you down, same went for parents hitting kids. My mum would never even consider laying a finger on us we never needed it either. My dad came from an abusive dad, I dont know a lot on the situation but he wouldnt ever hit us and has said that to me when we had this discussion.

I mean that sincerely that is what it was like growing up for me not to annoy or put down any one. I probably can assume my post will be picked apart and accused of calling people all sorts now. Just saying like it was when I was growing up.

This bit in bold, I don't know if you realise but it's very antagonistic, it's not only refuting anyones else's thoughts about things you have said (which I am sorry, HAVE been very attacking) it is also asking people to defend things and I thought everyone had agreed to draw a line under everything?

For the last time, no body has said you cannot share your experiences or talk about things but when you suggest all smacking is abuse among other things its going to offend people! Why not just accept that an move on with the conversation, rather than continuing to dredge it all up??

Thats interesting that they all box. My OH wants to teach Maria martial arts - Systema which is a very family friendly martial art - so that she can defend herself and also just generally be a stronger person.

:

This bit in bold, I don't know if you realise but it's very antagonistic, it's not only refuting anyones else's thoughts about things you have said (which I am sorry, HAVE been very attacking) it is also asking people to defend things and I thought everyone had agreed to draw a line under everything?

For the last time, no body has said you cannot share your experiences or talk about things but when you suggest all smacking is abuse among other things its going to offend people! Why not just accept that an move on with the conversation, rather than continuing to dredge it all up??
Thought you had agreed that we dont speak?

Eh?

If you don't want to speak to me, pop me on ignore dear, please don't tell me what I can or cannot reply to x

Eh?

If you don't want to speak to me, pop me on ignore dear, please don't tell me what I can or cannot reply to x

You yourself asked me not to quote or speak to you in another thread. I thought you had me on ignore after that.

Thats interesting that they all box. My OH wants to teach Maria martial arts - Systema which is a very family friendly martial art - so that she can defend herself and also just generally be a stronger person.
imo!! If your kids are also physically aswell and mentally confident then I find that in any bullying situations they are either 1) not picked on in the 1st place or 2) Can put a stop to it themselves very quickly (not by a lump on the nose lol) but just by not acting in the way a bully would want them to act ie scared. The family martial art sounds fantastic! We chose the boxing route just because it is DH's family sport so it was kind of pre-ordained :thumbup:

Eh?

You yourself asked me not to quote or speak to you in another thread. I thought you had me on ignore after that.

No, I said if you quoted me i would assume you were talking to me and would reply to that, such is the nature of internet conversations,

You said you had quoted me and didn't not want my response (which is why you rubbished my answer and refuse to discuss it further with the use of patronising smilies) and I begged you not to quote me if you did not wish to engage in conversation with me. As I would take it as such.

It actually takes quite a lot for me to put someone on ignore, generally continual antagonistic posts on a variety of threads, personal attacks towards me or someone else and so on.

Plus it is MY choice whose posts I don't want to read, I would thank you not to try and decide that for me x

imo!! If your kids are also physically aswell and mentally confident then I find that in any bullying situations they are either 1) not picked on in the 1st place or 2) Can put a stop to it themselves very quickly (not by a lump on the nose lol) but just by not acting in the way a bully would want them to act ie scared. The family martial art sounds fantastic! We chose the boxing route just because it is DH's family sport so it was kind of pre-ordained :thumbup:

I agree. I was bullied for a little while and quickly learnt that acting confident stopped it.
Boxing is cool, I don't think I could do it though! I like Systema as its more about disarming/putting down a person without real violence. And the training is done in slow motion so very kid friendly.

Eh?

No, I said if you quoted me i would assume you were talking to me and would reply to that, such is the nature of internet conversations,

You said you had quoted me and didn't not want my response (which is why you rubbished my answer and refuse to discuss it further with the use of patronising smilies) and I begged you not to quote me if you did not wish to engage in conversation with me. As I would take it as such.

It actually takes quite a lot for me to put someone on ignore, generally continual antagonistic posts on a variety of threads, personal attacks towards me or someone else and so on.

Plus it isn't choice whose posts I don't want to read, I would thank you not to try and decide that for me x
With you I cant say anything and never understand what you are saying. My post was to say how I was raised it was a question asked and as usual you take offense. I think I should ignore you, You will be the first on my ignore list only because we just cant get along. I cant see eye to eye with you. :nope:

I agree. I was bullied for a little while and quickly learnt that acting confident stopped it.
Boxing is cool, I don't think I could do it though! I like Systema as its more about disarming/putting down a person without real violence. And the training is done in slow motion so very kid friendly.
I may even look into that for myself! I definately couldn't anything too high energy, I'd probably fall apart! I may google and see if they do it any where local? I bet not, you'd think we lived on the moon the lack of services around here:wacko:

Eh?

Plus it isn't choice whose posts I don't want to read, I would thank you not to try and decide that for me x
With you I cant say anything and never understand what you are saying. My post was to say how I was raised it was a question asked and as usual you take offense. I think I should ignore you, You will be the first on my ignore list only because we just cant get along. I cant see eye to eye with you. :nope:

Saying how things were for you when you were younger is cool

Suggesting that people will jump on you for it = not cool

Ignore list;

User cp

Ignore list on left hand side

Edit ignore list ;)

Simples x

I may even look into that for myself! I definately couldn't anything too high energy, I'd probably fall apart! I may google and see if they do it any where local? I bet not, you'd think we lived on the moon the lack of services around here:wacko:

Nothing round here either but we're in the back of beyond haha, would have to go to a big city.

Eh?

So the issue was done,but you wanted to keep it going?

You even tried to start it with me with your 'ps' when all you had to do was simply apologize and leave it at that, then you add your bit about how you 'know you are going to be picked apart' as if we are just waiting for you to type something so we can pick apart?

In my opinion your posts seem to be quote offending antagonizing and out to have a fight today. I think its fair to say none of us ladies in here want to fight, so if that is your intentions... then maybe take that elsewhere?

We just rescued the thread, not to have a battle all over again

Agreed to the fullest :thumbup:. Confidence is key!!! I did kickboxing for a bit, I quite enjoyed it!

Eh?

So the issue was done,but you wanted to keep it going?

You even tried to start it with me with your 'ps' when all you had to do was simply apologize and leave it at that, then you add your bit about how you 'know you are going to be picked apart' as if we are just waiting for you to type something so we can pick apart?

In my opinion your posts seem to be quote offending antagonizing and out to have a fight today. I think its fair to say none of us ladies in here want to fight, so if that is your intentions... then maybe take that elsewhere?

We just rescued the thread, not to have a battle all over again
Eh you are the one thats telling me theres no need for my ps, I dont want to fight just to state my opinion I just cant cater for all with it. I have nothing more to say on it , best of luck.

Dragonfly, all she was saying is that suggesting people have 'picked apart' your posts when no one has done any such thing, is antagonistic and rehashing something that didn't need to be brought up again!

I honestly do not understand how you can think saying 'I will be attacked for this boo hoo hoo' would do anything else??

It's strange because you seem unaware of how that would be taken, yet it seems so deliberate in your post!

hugs to you Dragonfly. it seems to be the same group all the time on bnb lately, and I am getting quite tired with it. I have 'known' you for years dragon, and you are one of the kindest on BnB. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, and there is a group on here that just love to get into the thick of it, and I am just trying to avoid these people now. Chin up love. x

hugs to you Dragonfly. it seems to be the same group all the time on bnb lately, and I am getting quite tired with it. I have 'known' you for years dragon, and you are one of the kindest on BnB. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, and there is a group on here that just love to get into the thick of it, and I am just trying to avoid these people now. Chin up love. x

Well said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back