SPD - anyone suffer from this?

wavescrash

Mom to 3 girls.
Reaction score
A pregnant friend of mine found out when she was about 20 weeks pregnant that she suffers from SPD. She's not getting back to me so I figured I'd ask here.

What exactly did it feel like? How early on did symptoms hit you?

I work in retail and work mostly 8 hour shifts on my feet. I expected it to cause more pain during pregnancy than normal but lately it's been so bad. I've had to sit as much as possible at work because the pain can get that bad. I'll use tonight as an example. I worked 2-10:30pm and when I went into work, I felt somewhat ok. My lower back was a bit sore but it usually is. As the shift went on, it gradually got worse. Toward the middle-end of my shift, it was to the point that I was waddling when I walked, grimacing with nearly every step, if I was standing in one spot but turned my body in any direction, my lower back would hurt. Getting up from a sitting position hurts so bad. I went to get out of bed to come type this up and felt the worst pain thus far, felt like my hip was going to pop out of place. I was explaining to a co-worker tonight that it felt like my hips were spreading far apart and almost like my legs are going to fall off.

It correlates with the symptoms of SPD that Google gave me but I was hoping for more personal stories to see if my symptoms are similar.

I don't go back to my OB for another 3 weeks and work the next 5 days in a row (8 hour shifts.) I don't know how I'm going to do it. The pain I felt while getting out of bed made me want to go to the ER just to find out if this is what it is or not that way I can get some relief. My friend said she was given a shot and a script for the pain. Also, she was on bed rest and I'd love to not have to turn around and be back at work for another 8-hr shift at 8am (it's going on midnight, I've been home from work about an hour now.) If I can get a doctor's note to call in, that'd be great since I work every day until next Wednesday. I had so many co-workers asking why I was walking funny, if I was okay, etc so it's definitely noticeable to others.

SO... input? Symptoms? Help? Hahha thanks!

I do! I do! lol

In the first trimester I noticed that I would have really painful round ligament pains. I would move ever so slightly snd I would be clutching my side. I noticed a little later on that it felt like someone was prying my bones apart, and then I started waddling. By 14 weeks just touching the public bone hurt like heck. I mean to the point where I wanted to punch my Dr. lol. I find that I cannot sit in one position long, but also I cannot do a lot of walking either or I am in pain. Carrying my purse makes it worse as well.

I see a chiropractor for it actually. Chiros and PT's are suppose to really help. I got to the point where it was almost too painful to walk and thought screw it I am going to try a chiropractor to see if it helps. I was never into Chiropractors but it has helped. Still in the mornings I am quite sore, and I still have to know when to quit and sit down. From what I have read it quite often affects smaller built women.

Thanks! I went to the ER last night and was there until nearly 6am only to be told "you're on your feet too much but see your OB for a real diagnosis." I had to be to work at 8am (for another lovely 8 hour shift) so I called out of work and managed to get a 1pm appointment with my OB.

I've had pretty bad round ligament pains in the last few weeks but this pelvic/pubic pain comes after mostly being on my feet for too long. I was fine when my work shift started but got progressively worse as the night went on. By the end of the night I could barely move my legs without it hurting. Even after being off my feet/relaxing at the ER for several hours, I still felt some pain when I finally got up to walk to my car.

I don't want my doc to think I'm crazy and over-analyzing aches and pains but if I have to stay off my feet more, I need a doctor's note of sorts for work because my job/position requires me to be on my feet and walking around for an 8 hour shift (retail during the holidays.) I just hope my doc listens to me and doesn't just call it normal pregnancy pains. I've had painful aches associated with a normal pregnancy, this is just something entirely different haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->