Spelling

MrsO29

Me-Hubby-2 kids-2 m/cs
Reaction score
I know it doesn't really matter, but after much arguing!!! we have decided on Aiden as a name.
I want to spell it Aiden, as thats the way it sounds, but after looking at the books, it is supposed to be spelt Aidan, even though it too is pronounced Aiden.
Do you think it really matters?
My dd is called Kaitlyn, and I constantly have to tell people it is not spelt Caitlin, and now wish I had just spelt it the traditional way so she won't have to spell it out for people the rest of her life!

I think one letter being off shouldn't make much of a difference... it's not like you want to spell it Aydin or Adynn.

I have always had to spell my name out for people, Aimee, and i like the fact that it is spelt different.

I prefer Aiden defiantly, it just looks right.

I like the spelling Aiden! dont know why but I dont think it matters on one letter kinda like brandon or branden and Jonathon or Jonathan they are both commonly spelled both ways.

I think 1 letter makes all the difference, do you want it to be pronounced Ai-don or Ai-den?!

Aiden.
Just think when your spelling it out on the fridge or in alphabetti spaghetti you only need one A :rofl:

Also, it distances itself from all the Jayden, Kayden, Brayden type names.

Aiden is a variant of Aidan.

I prefer aidan to aiden but i know of an ayden which I also like

I have chosen Aiden as that's the way you want to spell it and so you should have it exactly how you want xx

I am obviously very biased towards the name and the spelling "Aiden". :rofl: For some reason, I never really liked it spelled Aidan. I don't know why. So my vote goes to Aiden. :)

I am obviously very biased towards the name and the spelling "Aiden". :rofl: For some reason, I never really liked it spelled Aidan. I don't know why. So my vote goes to Aiden. :)

Yeah I don't know why but I am the same.
I love the sound of the name, but one letter does seem to make all the difference because I like the look of Aiden, but not Aidan!

And it will be pronounced Ai-den so I guess that is how I should spell it.

Thanks everyone xx

I think the use of the "e" in Aiden just makes it look more masculine.

I'm a staunch traditionalist when it comes to Irish names and my brother is called Aidan. So for me it looks wrong to include an E and I would think reading it you hadn't researched the name enough and got it wrong.

But each to their own :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->