Sperm Check

traylee01

Reaction score
can you go to a normal gp and ask to have a sperm sample done

do you do your thing in a cup they give you and take back to where you get blood test taken.

i would like to eventually have hubby checked although i dont think theres a problem but it has me interested
the reason i ask is sometimes he can keep going like orgasm then go again, i did read they can control it and have a orgasm but not realease it all or whats meant to come out and then the final orgasm is the last for at least 30mins lol

I'm not sure of your location but I did this while in the UK, your gp will give you the cup and you gotta take it to the women's and children's but in your local hospital and they check the swimmers that way...
Well, that's what I had to do.
Hope that helps

Yeah, here in the states, I called my OBGYN and she put a request in for my husband, he went and picked up the kit, brought it home, we had to abstain for three days, he didn't like that bit, and then one more we DTD, he ejaculated into the container and took it to the hospital and they emailed and snail mailed us the results three days later.

Also, to note, the amount of ejaculate that comes out, after one or several orgasms in a row, is not the only important thing. Yes, amount of ejaculate is important, but so is the number of sperm, the motility and the morphology. He could be making a lot of ejaculate but it's not quality or he could be making a little bit that is good quality, as well as not much, low quality, or a lot and high quality. If you've been trying for six months I suggest the sperm analysis because it's the easiest cheapest thing to do first.

yea we got him to put some in a cup at home and looked threw out microscope lmao but couldnt really see anything

it comes out thick kinda but as it starts to thin had just over 5mls

but yea ill ask dr thanks

In Canada, our gp sent us for one. We had to call & make an appt with the lab (because they have to test the sample asap) and they gave him a cup & told him to go to a private bathroom & do his thing. Brought out the sample & gave it to the lab tech and thats it!

yea we got him to put some in a cup at home and looked threw out microscope lmao but couldnt really see anything

it comes out thick kinda but as it starts to thin had just over 5mls

but yea ill ask dr thanks

Haha, at home?! That's awesome! I don't know if it works like that but maybe! I figured they added stuff to it, like color and salines and all that medical type jibbery jabber, before they inspected and tested it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->