Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

Ooh yah I never tell dh if I'm in my fertile period. I just so happen to want to bd a lot more :) however I told him the smep plan if af shows & he was down for it because of all the sex lol

We are never that active so if I figured it's probably better if I tell him the schedule ahead of time (whether or not he'll actually remember is another story!)

Last cycle was the first cycle we decided to ttc (started mid cycle) and I didn't follow any specific schedule - just tried to do it when I thought I was in my fertile window and then stopped after that (if I didn't initiate it we wouldn't have BD'ed as much as we did) and apparently we missed it.

So I'm really looking forward to SMEP this cycle! :)

Floridasian, we are not that active either and my husband can get performance anxiety. So the schedule helps and the enzyte. I could give him sugar pills and it would probably have the same effect. It's all in his head.

I had DH download the book (I think it's titled "the sperm meets egg plan" not 100% sure) from Amazon, just because it is free. He started reading and he started asking all these questions, one of them made me laugh, he asked what OPK stood for, I told him, he still did not know, I then said, uhhhh you remember those things you bought me last time? lol he said that he did not even know what he was getting, he just followed the link I send him and the instructions, haha. I am like, well damn, next time I will send you a link to something else I want and you will have no idea.

Wow mizzyd your chart is looking pretty great... Very nice temp rise :D

I have never followed a BD plan before, I just learned of the plan this cycle..so I was ready to stick to SMEP...but then I got in the mood too much and we BDed pretty much every day this week.

I have been reading that as long as your OH has a good (normal; whatever word you want to use, haha) sperm count, then BD'ing everyday is actually not a bad thing.

I really hope so, I would hate to miss out just because we had TOO much sex haha.

I posted a thread named "need extra eyes + advice please"

If those of you who use OPKs or have in the past or know how they work could look at that thread and help me out I would be very grateful!

Is there a way you can post the link on here? I have not used OPK's much, but I have seen a few on other threads.

Is there a way you can post the link on here? I have not used OPK's much, but I have seen a few on other threads.

I saw you replied, thank you.

For the others, this is the link:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-conceive-1/1949037-need-extra-eyes-advice-please.html

I really hope so, I would hate to miss out just because we had TOO much sex haha.

I posted a thread named "need extra eyes + advice please"

If those of you who use OPKs or have in the past or know how they work could look at that thread and help me out I would be very grateful!

Marqelle i was supposed to follow SMEP during my first ttc cycle but we ended up doing it everyday till O cuz i was too worried about missing out the O day :haha: I hope whatever you are doing works out for you!! :hugs:

Yes that's kind of how I felt. Every day I was like, well I am kind of in the mood and we might as well just so we cover all our bases.

Thank you though.

I guess I will be ovulating in the next couple days and I feel oddly calm about it all.

This cycle I feel really good about my chances and I kind of feel like this might be the one.

I think that is why I feel okay with waiting, because if this cycle really is the one, then everything is going to change and nothing will every be the way it is right now, so I want to enjoy it.

I really hope so marqelle! After what you've been through , you deserve a bfp!!! :)
Fx for you.... And me too! :)

Can I join?! I'm at CD7 and have cycles (33-36 days) so I'm thinking I'll also start SMEP on CD10. It will be nice to have a group of ladies to follow and talk about this. :)

Welcome TahoeDreams23! I'll add you the list. You'll love the company of ladies on this forum :D

Hello,

can you add me to the list? Im not sure when AF will come this month since its my first period after an MC, so count me in. I'll keep u ladies posted:)

Welcome Sabster! So sorry for your loss. GL for the coming cycle. Will add ya up too! x

After a week of spotting, AF is finally here and I'm in agony! A week late... does that mean I class today as CD1? And does it mean I ovulated a week later than I thought? So glad I've bought OPKs for this month! I'm so far behind most of you now, eek! Hope it's going well for you all so far! x

Hello everyone, could I join this group please? I haven't read through all the previous posts yet but I will in a mo.
I'm back to TTC for no1 after 2 miscarriages, the 2nd being just a month ago and af arrived 4 days ago! So planning to use the smep this cycle. I used it last pregnancy and was successful on the second attempt. Here's hoping!!! Fingers crossed for us all! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->