Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) TTC#1 group Aug/Sept/Oct 2013

I am hoping so. I mean, I usually get this distinct AF cramp that is right in the mid center of my lower abdomen, and I always know it means AF is coming. But for the past week and a half I have had this wierd pinching crampy feeling on my sides, usually concentrated on different sides each day. It is worse when I stretch or twist sideways, like it's pulling. And that gave me hope, but here we are almost 17dpo and no pos test.

I still have hope though.

Thanks for checking in.

How are you doing?

Fingers crossed this is your bfp Marqelle! :)

I'm still spotting - this happened last cycle for 6 days before AF started so think I'm out. My cycles suddenly seem really messed up and I think it's coz I'm stressing too much :/

Have you got your progesterone levels checked? Spotting is not a good sign before AF and can hinder implantation. Happens due to low progesterone. I hope you get your bfp but if you dont get it checked next month at 7dpo. GL dear x

fx for you marqelle

I thought that too and it's worrying me. This whole cycle is just confusing me tbh! I won't be doing OPKs in Sept as we'll be going on holiday and I'm quite relieved about it as the stress of ttc is really getting to me now.

Thats great!! Just have fun this month! Hopefully less stress will do the trick :hugs: fx!

We used the at-home SpermCheck Fertility kit last night to see if DH's sperm count was within normal range (at least 20 mil per milliliter) and it came back positive! Yay!:happydance:

So now that we've got that out of the way, it's back to focusing on me!:blush:

Hey did you guys stopped having sex 3-5 days before taking the test? Usually they tell you to abstrain from sex for atleast 3 days before SA. If you didn't and still got positive, then you Dh's sperm are alotttt in number :D (does it tell you exact count or just positive negative??)

I am hoping so. I mean, I usually get this distinct AF cramp that is right in the mid center of my lower abdomen, and I always know it means AF is coming. But for the past week and a half I have had this wierd pinching crampy feeling on my sides, usually concentrated on different sides each day. It is worse when I stretch or twist sideways, like it's pulling. And that gave me hope, but here we are almost 17dpo and no pos test.

I still have hope though.

Thanks for checking in.

How are you doing?

That sounds like it could be your uterus stretching. If af doesn't turn up in a week or so and still no positive test, maybe ask your doctor for a blood test? I've heard many times that some women just don't show positive on hpts for a few weeks.

I'm good thank you, spotting has finally stopped so not really sure what to make of that! Hopefully af stays away for me too :)

Endless on which dpo are you? Have you tested yet??

Well the spotting around 8dpo sounds good :)

My fingers are crossed for you! Do you feel any other symptoms?

Last time I went in for a blood test it cost 200 dollars plus another 180 to see my doctor and for him to order the test.

My insurance only kicks in after a 1200 dollar deductible. So I hope the tests work/Af comes before we get to that point.

I've had a slight metallic taste in my mouth on and off for the last few days but nope, no symptoms otherwise.

Wow I didn't realise it was so expensive! :(

Yes it was pretty ridiculous. I had an appointment with him (that I had to wait a month for) and then the entire appointment lasted 10 minutes and all he did was schedule me a blood test at the hospital. That 10 minutes thing was almost 200 dollars.

When the blood test came back normal, the doctor literally left a message on my phone and said "Everything is normal, we don't need to see you again".

This was after I told him I hadn't had a period in 14 months and was ttc and still not having periods.

UGH, now I am getting myself mad haha, hopefully I have no reason to see his face anytime soon.

Yes it was pretty ridiculous. I had an appointment with him (that I had to wait a month for) and then the entire appointment lasted 10 minutes and all he did was schedule me a blood test at the hospital. That 10 minutes thing was almost 200 dollars.

When the blood test came back normal, the doctor literally left a message on my phone and said "Everything is normal, we don't need to see you again".

This was after I told him I hadn't had a period in 14 months and was ttc and still not having periods.

UGH, now I am getting myself mad haha, hopefully I have no reason to see his face anytime soon.

that's crazy. You may need a new dr

Endlessblue metallic taste n spotting are classic preg symptoms :D

Wow marqelle that's expensive. Usually our insurance covers everything, except once they declined some bloodworks for hormones, said I don't need it :/ that was for 250 dollars.

When are you getting the results in hand? That was very unprofessional approach there.

Ugh, Marquelle, I'm sorry you're having to deal with that doctor. Is there any way you could see another doctor? I just feel awful about the way he's approaching the situation.

Endlessblue: That sounds really promising, KMFX for you!

How is everyone else doing?!

:hugs: Marquelle. Hope you're just getting a late BFP.

I'm doing ok - 6 DPO today. I had lots of pinching cramps yesterday on both the left and right side. Today I'm feeling fine. My breasts are slightly tender, but that usually happens as AF approaches. Though she's not due for another week. Still have lots of creamy CM.

I'm very irritable today. Feeling extremely frustrated with OH and kind of just not wanting to be around him right now.

hello ladies, just an update. I got my bfp last Wednesday. Very nervous and just taking it a day at a time.
Second cycle post m/c, first cycle smep. Sucessfully used smep first time with both this pregnancy and the last. I truely believ it works! Good luck everyone xx

Congratulations felix! Hope its a sticky bean, H&H 9 months dear :hugs:

We used the at-home SpermCheck Fertility kit last night to see if DH's sperm count was within normal range (at least 20 mil per milliliter) and it came back positive! Yay!:happydance:

Hey did you guys stopped having sex 3-5 days before taking the test? Usually they tell you to abstrain from sex for atleast 3 days before SA. If you didn't and still got positive, then you Dh's sperm are alotttt in number :D (does it tell you exact count or just positive negative??)

The instructions says to wait at least 48 hours but no more than 7 days since the last ejaculation before testing. We waited 49 hours and it came back positive :) (although the test line wasn't as dark as the control line but instruction says not to compare the two lines).

Thank you.
But does that make sense? That I would be 15dpo today and still be getting a negative test? On FRER and wondfo?

Last month I was 17dpo when AF arrived according to the monitor and 4 days later than normal. Neg tests at 15 and 17dpo.

I'm about to buy that...couldn't find it in any drug stores so getting it online.

Marquelle - look for a new doctor if you can. FXed for you. Try not to stress too much this week - lots of people don't get the positives for a couple of weeks.

FXed and baby dust to everyone else as well...

Thank you guys! Applying for a new doctor takes about a month to get a accepted and get an appointment around here. I am just going to wait it out.

My worst fear is that my body only gave me my periods back for 2 cycles and is now going to back to not having them or ovulating just like it did for the last year and a half.

My Update:

Temp went up today. Check out my chart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"