Sperm Sample Results - :(

MrUk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So i went to the doctors and chatted about my fertility with him as i had had some concerns, mainly in my head and from my previous marriage and not getting pregnant after 4/5 years of trying with my ex wife.

SO the doctor told me to do a sample in a cup and take it to the lab. I abstained for 3 days and did my business and got the results back. Count was 18Mil, Swimmers were a little slow and my morphology was 3%.

The doctor said the count and swimmers were ok but was very concerned about the morphology, i have since googled and found what this is and yeah its not good.
My OH did a ovulation blood test from the clinic and she has to do another one on friday, he is then going to refer us to the ivf clinic at the hospital to chat about our options.

Im devastated that its my fault that we cant get pregnant without lots of help, I was really upset on friday afternoon when i got the results of my test and him saying we probably wont get pregnant without any help.
I told my OH that if she didnt want to go through all the needles and things that are gonna happen cos it wasnt her fault that that was ok cos its unfair on her.... After she slapped me, she told me that im the only person she wants a baby with and will do anything for me, which made me smile very much.

I'm 4stone lighter than a year ago and have a healthy diet (Some NZ pies may be in this diet...) Anyway im taking menevit tablets to help myself along, quit the booze mid June and dont smoke.
Has anyone gone through anything like this or had a friend?

Thanks in advance :)

Oh honi, it's really not that bad tho it seems shattering to u of course. There r natural things u can take b4 jumping into IVF (that is of course if u want to try it) My hubby had worse results than urs nd after taking natural supps it is now back to "normal range" nd he has gotten me pregnant 4 times.

I take it going by ur name u r in the UK?

I can send links if u like?

Im from the uk but now living in NZ, some links, anything that you can ffind/have would be awesome thank you.

I remember friends husband had poor SA results on his first test, but they went on to conceive naturally soon after. I would carry on with your healthy living and man vits (and loose pants!) and get retested in a couple of months.

You men are at an advantage because you're always making new swimmers - because we're born with all our eggs, if they're knackered, we're screwed!

Good luck mate x

Excellent................... I am in Australia nd I have put several male friends on to this vitamin as it's the best u can get nd it targets count, morph nd motility. This is wot my hubby was taking nd it worked wonders. This link I am sending u is an Australian company but they DO send to NZ.

P.S: The IVF clinic here also recommends this product.
I would also suggest taking some folic acid nd vitamin C

https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/searchresult.asp?terms=spermMax&SearchSection=products&requery=1

Also sperm actually takes 3 months to mature so if u have made lifestyle changes since June your sperm can still be improving! Even having a cold/ fever can affect sperm for months.

My friends were told that there was no way they woudl conceive naturally - she wasnt ovulating regularly and he had poor quality sperm (I dont know exactly what the problem was with him) - anyway they were waiting for IVF appt and bam - got pregnant and now have a beautiful toddler! So dont give up hope - it can happen! lots of luck to you XXXX

Thank you for all the comments, I was scared about the thoughts and my brain taking over, no nice when you get the results.

What does spermmax have that menevit doesnt?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me to help my swimmer along?

Everything with my husband was fine except for morphology, which was 4%. My doctor was convinced this is why we weren't getting pregnant, but it turns out I was having some ovulation issues. DH cut way back on the amount of caffeine he was drinking and started taking a men's mulivitamin, and we conceived my first month on Clomid.

Though that pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks (just one of those things), we're confident that we'll be able to conceive again.

Thank you for all the comments, I was scared about the thoughts and my brain taking over, no nice when you get the results.

What does spermmax have that menevit doesnt?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me to help my swimmer along?

SpermMax directly targets morph, motility nd sperm count, where as menenit is more a multi vitamin. Like I said our IVF clinic highly recommends SpermMax so that must say something lol

Ah that makes sense, was just reading up on both of them and wasnt too sure.
They have the same kinds of ingredients and was confusing. Will deffo be giving them a try for sure, want to do everything I can!

My oh has had a blood test done and the test was 'consistent to that of ovulation'
She has another blood test on Friday (day 2 of period) not sure what for... Then doc said he will refer us to the clinic after that.

Ah that makes sense, was just reading up on both of them and wasnt too sure.
They have the same kinds of ingredients and was confusing. Will deffo be giving them a try for sure, want to do everything I can!

My oh has had a blood test done and the test was 'consistent to that of ovulation'
She has another blood test on Friday (day 2 of period) not sure what for... Then doc said he will refer us to the clinic after that.

Good luck to u both. I would ask for a re test after taking spermMax for 3 months nd c if it helped u. Xxx

Don't think that having low morphology means you need expensive fertility treatments. My OH has a very high count, low motility (34% I think?), and I think 3-4% morphology. Those numbers are up from 1% morphology, but I did SO much research and put him on supplements (he quit smoking, was on royal jelly, selenium, multi, b-complex, vitamin C, and maybe a couple others) and we got improvement in 3 months. It's now been 1.5 years since the first SA and I've been pregnant twice, naturally. Unfortunately I had a molar pregnancy and miscarriage the first time (TWO sperm penetrated my egg, TWO.. no that's not twins, it actually turns to a cancerous growth in the end) and an implantation problem the second, but my point it I haven't undergone any fertility treatments. Just been working very hard on being healthy and learning my cycles.

Good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"