Spices

P

petal040

From what I have read about BLW - the baby is able to eat the foods that the family normally eat (as long as they are healthy, don't contain too much salt etc) and that they may have had some kind of 'tastes' of via their breastmilk from around 6 months old.

I am wondering - does this mean that, if we often eat spicy food, baby can eat spicy food from 6 months? We use fresh chilli, ginger and garlic in a lot of our cooking. Would it be okay for LO to share these meals with us? For example - it might be a stir fry or a curry - or should I make her a spice or chilli free version of the same meal?

I don't want her to get an upset tummy - but at the same time it would be nice to be able to continue eating these things and for her to have a taste?

We haven't started weaning yet btw - I'm just finding out about it in preparation.

I'm wondering this too.

We stuck to basic food for the first couple of months but Aisling regularly has stir fries which include fresh chillies and earlier in the week she had a thai fish curry and has loved it all! :thumbup:

Violet's had spices, garlic, curry etc and she quite likes them.
I think in the book by Gill Rapley, she even mentions that babies often like spices (or am I totally imagining that?? Can't check, don't have my bible here)

just remember if it is too spicy the baby can have problems with poo :/ bottom can bakes

Thanks everyone! I think we will offer her the foods that have the spices etc in them - but we will make sure they aren't too spicy. I prefer them mild anyway.

Lilyboo - speaking of too hot causing poo problems - OH and I did have a very hot stir fry a while ago (it contained lots of chilli, garlic and fresh ginger) and it gave us both the runs (sorry - TMI) and at the same time, LO had lots of very runny poo. I wondered at the time if it was because of my super spicy breastmilk.

I tend to cook a lot of spicy foods and Aaron has been eating them ever since he began to eat solids at about 10 months. :)

As long it's only mildly spicy I offer to Ruby - she's had some homemade curry and seemed to like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->