Spicy foods...

Lady_Bee

Two little ones
Reaction score
Is there any reason why I shouldn't give my LO very spicy foods if he likes them?

He's always been enthusiastic about spicy things but tonight I made a Thai chicken curry and it was waaaay hotter than anything I've ever given him. It was spicy enough that my nose ran and I had to sip a glass of milk to calm the fire in my mouth! Ahem, maybe I'm just a wuss, or maybe my baby is hardcore... :shrug: I gave him a bit of mine and he kept going back for more and more of the chicken curry, he seemed to really relish it. Best response to any dinner we've had in ages. He didnt seem remotely uncomfortable, though I had cold milk in a sippy on standby just in case he needed it.

Is this ok??? I can't help but worry that it will somehow kill off his little baby taste buds or something. :dohh: ok not really, but seriously can this be bad for him?

I'd say if he liked it and it didn't give him a bad tummy then it should be fine. I'm sure babies in some countries are exposed robot food early on.

I'd say go for it, they are not going to eat something that they don't like! xx

Haha had a lame wee lol at that typo - robot food :laugh2:

Tbh OP, I wouldn't give LO food spicier than what I could handle/enjoy but I doubt there's a reason not to. If he is enjoying it, I'm sure it's totally fine. I just wouldn't be comfortable with it :shrug:

Tbh I reckon you're probably better off starting him on slightly spicy food early anyway because that way he'll get used to it and it opens up a wider variety of foods that he can eat. I am a super wuss when it comes to hot food :haha: If he wasn't bothered by it and it didn't upset his tummy I say go for it :) x

Lol robot food!!

I'm a wuss when it comes to spicy things too... My husband didnt think it was that spicy. I have a very low tolerance for it I guess. It was soooooo delicious though! LO probably didnt get the full spice effect because I only gave him isolated bits of chicken with most of the sauce scraped off, and the sauce was the not part. But still definitely more spicy than anything he's had before. I was watching him like a hawk for any hint of a bad reaction but he was fine! Slept well during the night too. I guess we'll see how this next nappy change goes hmm.. but I think he would've complained by now if it were hard on his tummy?

Niamh loves spicy food, hotter than i like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->