Spring Blossoms 2013 Baby Club!!

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This thread is a follow on thread from the pregnancy after loss forum, we had a thread for all fellow ladies pregnant and due a Spring Blossom! Now we have all had our babies and so I have moved the thread to over here in the baby club so we can all chat about our new little spring blossoms and watch them all grow together.
Of course you dont have to have been on the pregnancy thread to join, anyone else with a little spring baby is welcome, or even an older baby, anyone can join chat and comment, the more the merrier.

So for those who dont know me from the pregnancy after loss or ttc forums, I'm Bailey, I am 30 years old, me and df have been together for 2 and a half years now. He is 25 (going on 12 lol). We first got pregnant January 2012 but sadly discovered our baby had passed away at 11 weeks when we went for our 12 week scan. We then ttc for a further 3 months before conceiving our rainbow baby Emilia who was born 5th April 2013 and is now 2 months old.
She was born via EMCS after 16 hours of induced labour (was on the pitocin drip, awful thing!!) and we are now wtt for our second when Emilia is 1 year old.

Hi Roma! How's beautiful little Clementine? Emilia's birthday buddy!

Awww, both Millie and Clementine are gorgeous 2 month olds! :D

:wave: ladies!!

I need to put an updated photo in my avatar. :)

:hi:
So hard to find time to come on here and read and update but I'll try!
Colton turned one month yesterday, got a pic of him with his teddy. My hope is to get a picture of him with his teddy every month so you can see him grow! Cute or cliche?

Hi pink, hi mightymom!

Glad to hear Colton and Cass are doing so well!

I think it's cute mightymom, I wish I had done something similar with Emilia, might start now as she's 2 months now.

How's everyone sleeping?

Emilia is doing very well, she still grunts and strains a lot though, especially at about 5am. The doctor says she should outgrow that by about 12 weeks so fingers crossed!!

Clementine grunts and strains at 5am too, it's farts. I help her pass it by pumping her legs and rubbing her tummy in a clockwise direction. She feels much better after relieving the pressure, plus, it's hilarious how loud and powerful a 2 month old girl can fart!!

And she slept through the night last night, from 10:30 to 5am. Then woke up, ate and went back to sleep until 9:30 am :). Not sure if I like this sleeping through the night yet as I have heard it can cause AF to come back if you're BFing. I don't want AF yet!!

LOL I got farted on this morning too! He just kept going. I was laughing because it was such a loud sound from such a tiny baby!

Hi Ladies!! Glad to see everyone is doing well!
Bailey-thanks for starting our new thread.
I love all the pics of our beautiful rainbows!! I don't know how to load a pic so I will send one to Rainkat and she can post one of both of our girls.

We see the doctor tomorrow and Sabrina will be 7 weeks on Fri. I would say she weighs 12.5-13 lbs already!! I would say the bf is going well!!

Aw I'm so glad bf'ing is going well for everyone, sometimes I wonder if I gave up too soon but the problem with UK hospitals is they wont let you leave until you have established either breastfeeding or formula feeding, and seen as I so desperately wanted to get out of the hospital and we were struggling so much to get her to latch I just couldnt cope any more.

Emilia has her first injections tomorrow eeeeek! Not looking forward to it!

What a strange policy bailey! I'm not sure that Colton's latch was perfect before we left the hospital, glad I wasn't under the gun like that.

I'm a little worried that Colton won't take a bottle or dummy. Anyone know of babies that wouldn't take them at first or a way to get him to take bottles??

Hmmm not heard much about anything like that mightymom sorry Hun. Try putting a thread in the baby club forum maybe someone else has had similar.

And it is a weird policy, I think it's because once out of hospital you don't have as much support with breastfeeding so they want to make sure you've got baby latching and feeding properly before you leave, but I felt it put too much pressure on me to make a decision whether to keep pushing with it or just give her formula.

Hi all!

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Re. Babies that won't take bottles - my daughter was one of these. I own at least one of every kind of bottle and teat! I ended up tearing my hair out at 5.5 months and we went cold turkey on the boob and she eventually got hungry enough to take bottle. It works but is hell to do.

Xander is growing well but I ha forgotten how exhausting a newborn is! He is still exclusively breastfed but I am currently having a major wobble as he is hungry all the time and I can't devote enough time to DD who hasn't adjusted fantastically to his arrival anyway.

Bailey - I know what you mean re uk hospitals. With DD I felt like a prisoner as they wouldn't let me leave. We had latching issues which we sorted in the end. This time I took bottles in because I was determined I was leaving ASAP regardless!

Here it is standard to be in the hospital 48 hours, 96 for a c-section. I actually enjoyed my time in the hospital. The food was good and the nurses were very helpful.

It's standard for 24 hours after your first, 6 hours after any others for complication free births, and 96 hours after c sections and any other surgical issues (one lady next to me had an episiotomy and forceps to get placenta coz it was stuck and she had to stay).
But I had been in almost the full 3 days and they didn't want to let me leave if I hadn't established breastfeeding properly or decided on bottle feeding. I hated the way I felt pressured to choose but I hated being in hospital! The food was awful, for tea we only got a sandwich, I was in a ward with 3 other women and their babies so when one baby was sleeping another was crying and we were all kept awake all night. Plus the staff in hospitals weren't exactly quiet whenever they had to come in and give any of us meds or check our blood pressure or anything. My first night they had to check my bp every hour, so I was exhausted lol!!
I found out afterwards that I could have had a single room (and there were loads that were empty as I saw when I was leaving) but would have had to pay £97 for it!! Ridiculous isn't it that all those rooms were empty but they had us all sharing and consequently we all were shattered and couldn't wait to leave!!

Anyway enough of my moaning about the NHS, I am thankful for it really, we are lucky to have the health service that we do, even if it isn't perfect lol!

How is everyone? Emilia had her first vaccinations yesterday. She cried a bit and was quite grumpy last night but otherwise all fine it seems.
Is everyone else having their babies immunised? (Not wanting to start a debate, just wondering of everyone else is getting them or not).

I will be getting Colton vaxed, one shot at a time, on a delayed schedule. My niece almost died of pertussis (whooping cough) and I'm not keen to repeat that experience.

I'm soooooo tired...didn't get to bed until 4am. And I have BF support group and then a dress rehearsal for DD today. I think I'll try to take a nap at the dress rehearsal!

Clementine got her vaccinations yesterday and she was a bit warm and out of sorts last night but is fine so far today. I cried when she got the needles :(. Poor monkey.

I have video from my daughter getting her shots. The two month shots aren't as hard as the four month shots. It's harder when the baby is older, louder, and has those big tears!

Clementine got her vaccinations yesterday and she was a bit warm and out of sorts last night but is fine so far today. I cried when she got the needles :(. Poor monkey.

How weird, born on the same day and now vaccinated same day even though they were a week late in getting them lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->