Spring Lambs - March/April/May 2024 due dates!

@Kiwiberry surely you aren't allowed a pap or a biopsy while pregnant?
Pap is routine in the US at least for pregnancy, at least all obgyn I've registered with has done one if I hadn't had one the 6 months prior to being pregnant. The biopsy seems to be pretty routine as well during pregnancy however from the other testimonies I've had from other ladies, I have the choice to opt out of it, if it's not too serious.

What can I take for pain relief? I have the worst headache and I don’t want to take anything to risk this little miracle!

@Kiwiberry I hope you're appointment goes well. It's interesting the differences between UK and USA. Smears aren't recommended in pregnancy here unless you've had an abnormal result before.

What can I take for pain relief? I have the worst headache and I don’t want to take anything to risk this little miracle!
It used to be Tylenol/acetaminophen / paracetamol was the only one recommended, however there's currently a lawsuit out against Tylenol claiming that it causes autism in children when taken during pregnancy. So as of rn, I can't even tell you.

@Kiwiberry I hope you're appointment goes well. It's interesting the differences between UK and USA. Smears aren't recommended in pregnancy here unless you've had an abnormal result before.
Yeah I've only ever had them in very early pregnancy, basically the same time you have the confirmation appointment where they test your urine.

Oh and yeah this is my first time ever getting an abnormal results so I'm hoping it's just a little concerning on their end and nothing to truly be worried about.

So tomorrow is my dating scan and my nerves are going crazy. I’m so scared I’m going to be told the same as the last one that we had lost the Bub. Trying to keep my nerves calm, but geez.
How is everyone else going?

Man, my boobs have been so sore and are super firm, anyone else have this during their first months?

So tomorrow is my dating scan and my nerves are going crazy. I’m so scared I’m going to be told the same as the last one that we had lost the Bub. Trying to keep my nerves calm, but geez.
How is everyone else going?
I bet everything is going to go beautifully! I always get nervous before the first ultrasound myself for the very same reason and I've never experienced a loss in this way before so I can't imagine how you must be feeling. :hugs:
Man, my boobs have been so sore and are super firm, anyone else have this during their first months?
Yeah it was the worst for my first pregnancy, they hurt a lot all the time.

Tomorrow is my appointment, I'm starting to get nervous, I bet everything's going to be just fine though and I'm worrying for no reason.

Ugh I’m so dang bloated it hurts, is there anything I can do or take to help relieve it?

edit: ugh so turns out I’m just peeing out of my butt again… ugh, there’s got to be something for relief

Last edited:
So I went for my scan today. Looks like we’re in limbo here. I have a lot of symptoms but the lady could only see the wax and yolk and what she thought might be the start of a Bub even though it was measuring 6w5d. Now I’ve been told to wait 2 weeks and come back again.
Feeling pretty flat now. I have morning sickness tiredness my boobs are huge and sore I just don’t get it.

So I went for my scan today. Looks like we’re in limbo here. I have a lot of symptoms but the lady could only see the wax and yolk and what she thought might be the start of a Bub even though it was measuring 6w5d. Now I’ve been told to wait 2 weeks and come back again.
Feeling pretty flat now. I have morning sickness tiredness my boobs are huge and sore I just don’t get it.

I'm sorry you have to wait again. That must be so disheartening. I hope you get some answers soon :hugs:

New symptom today, so it smells metallic in my downstairs… no spotting or bleeding but smells strange.. anyone else have this?

@Xxenssial oh how frustrating for you... I hope its just a little bit too early and all will be well next time :hugs:

I'm so sorry you're in the waiting game again :hugs:. Since you said you do have pcos, it could be very possible that your dates are just off and the measurements are off as well. I believe when they take measurements on ultrasounds that it does take into account the date they put in for your last menstrual period. I'm going to hold on to you in my thoughts and hope that everything goes well.
New symptom today, so it smells metallic in my downstairs… no spotting or bleeding but smells strange.. anyone else have this?
I've never really had that specifically but I do know that smells can be a little weird during pregnancy and I wouldn't concern myself too much unless you started spotting or cramping painfully. Even if you started spotting that can also be normal, it's really when it's a heavy red flow and painful at the same time that I'd be worried.

Last edited:
I have my appointment today! The doctor was really awesome, he doesn't know why they would schedule me for a coloscopy today when he doesn't even do them until the second trimester. He did tell me that it was just some abnormal cells and not even anything to be concerned about and that it most likely is going to turn out to be nothing.

He is concerned about my past deliveries so there's going to be some heavy monitoring especially on my cervix and the baby's size. He also mentioned to start the baby aspirin around 12 weeks which I'm definitely going to do.

Another surprise, I told him about my really bad anxiety from having borderline personality disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. He seemed like he really wanted to help, I even expressed my concerns that I didn't want to take any medications that were addictive and unsafe during pregnancy. He told me that he'd be more than happy to help me find a medication that will work for me after I hit 12 weeks. I'm so excited, I might actually finally have some relief for the first time in my life and won't have to worry about waking up with panic attacks. I hope it's something that works and is not addictive.

I had some blood work done as well for the genetic testing, I might get the results on whether we're having a boy or a girl soon! I would say 3 days tops and I should have it. We've decided to keep it a secret until a little party that we're putting together for a baby shower.

I did also get to hear baby's heartbeat and everything sounds perfect!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->