Squid and Seafood Help!!!

babyzoe

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I've been on a seafood kick recently. Bought some squid and learned how to dissect it and cook it. The problem is I can't find the right topping/sauce. I can cook the squid (and scallops and shrimp) fine but it's so bland. What can I put on it or mix with it to add flavor?

How do you wanna cook? Fry or boiling?

Anything but frying. I like grilled calamari, but we don't have a grill, so I've been sauteeing them instead.

If you like it indian way, I know how to do. It could be moderately hot and spicy.

But I have to tell you , it will be delicious and u can adjust the spiciness to mild.

Squid cut in circles 1 cup
Fresh ginger and garlic 1 tbsp
Salt desired amount, cinnamon 1/2 stick and 2 cloves
Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Corriander powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Coconut milk half cup
Oil for cooking

Cut the squid in circles. Take thick bottomed pan or skillet with high rim. Heat the pan. Add 3 tbsp oil.
When hot add cinnamon , clove and crushed ginger garlic. Sautee till it becomes golden brown.
Then add squid, sautee till mixed. Add turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and corriander powder.
Mix everything well add some water and cook it covered till it becomds soft. Stir once in a while.
Open cook till water dries up and add coconut milk . Cook it for 5 min.
You can either take it in gravy thickness or semidry by letting it cook a little more.

Hope you enjoy

oooh...that sounds good! one question. When you first put the squid in, how long should I expect to cook it till soft? Like 2 minutes or 30?

Haha.. I totally forgot to mention. 20 to 25 min covered.( you can always sneak one to check softness...)
It should NOT be very chewy.

Just made this tonight. It was great. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->