Stains in the winter

subaru555

IVF Mar '13
Reaction score
So you all suggest hanging out in the Sun to bleach them but as our baby isn't due till the next month or so, there won't generally be any sun until about March/April again. (Trust me... I'm in Scotland) :haha:

So what's going to be our options?

hun it doesnt have to be direct bright sunlight the reflected light through the clouds works for me, or with my cotton bottoms i just used Napisan in place of washing powder and it worked well to lift out stains and you buy it at Tesco in the baby section ( normally near the Milton liquid )

wss^ (i didnt know you use cloth lynnikins)
It doesnt have to be loads of sun. sit them on a window or out on the line for a few hours in any sort of sun, even cloudy days :)

I am in LOVE with my vanish bar. I scrub nappies or liners as soon as poss after he's pooed with it under cold water and et voila- they disappear in front of my eyes!

Duemarch2nd what does WSS stand for?

I thought about using vanish stick as well Jetters but on most nappies care for it says not too as it works the same as conditioner?

Duemarch2nd what does WSS stand for?

I thought about using vanish stick as well Jetters but on most nappies care for it says not too as it works the same as conditioner?

Yeah... but I figure, a little goes a LONG way, I only put it direct on the stain then scrub scrub scrub it out with water after :) I don't leave it on if you know wht I mean?

Brilliant thanks Jetters I did it once and didn't have a problem and I now how some awful stains on my beautiful Issy's :(. I am finding even if you blast it straight off with cold water and wash it still stains so I will give vanish a go. I think it is because Jasper has just started weaning so it is going all sorts of colours!!! ;)

Thanks Leighbaby I was trying to work that out all evening ;)

I use Vanish, also quite sparingly, because we don't have outside drying space, and I've never had much luck setting things by a window. :( I bleach my microfibre inserts, though, they get absolutely rank with weaning poos.

Subaru I started using them last winter and im just along the road from you, but any daylight will help, *if* you get a stain just sit it on the windowsill or something. I used to put them on a clothes horse by the patio door (it was closed) I also use vanish bar and rinse straight away when i change a dirty nappy and ive only ever had like 1 stain still in after a wash. and it came out after in sunlight!

I'm further north than you :haha: and moonlight works just as well - specially good since daylight exists for about 3 hours in winter hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->