Started Trying for baby number 2!

My daughter has an older half brother but he is being raised by a different mother with different values and standards. My husband has already said that when his mother passes, he plans to lose touch with his side of the family (they aren't good influences anyway) and I'm an only child. I just fear that my daughter isn't going to have a big enough support system as she grows up and what if something happens to her father or I?? It makes me sad to think she might feel alone.

I've got a sister who has two young kids and my husbands sister has two so there are quite a few little people around my daughter. I also had that thought about when me and my husband die I didn't want her having no other sisters or brothers.

With you being an only child does that not make you think you want more?

Does your husband want another baby? Have you discussed it? :)

No never used that i havd only just started taking soy isoflavones on this months cycle x

Hi and welcome, we are also TTC baby number 2 :flower: All the best!

My daughter has an older half brother but he is being raised by a different mother with different values and standards. My husband has already said that when his mother passes, he plans to lose touch with his side of the family (they aren't good influences anyway) and I'm an only child. I just fear that my daughter isn't going to have a big enough support system as she grows up and what if something happens to her father or I?? It makes me sad to think she might feel alone.

I've got a sister who has two young kids and my husbands sister has two so there are quite a few little people around my daughter. I also had that thought about when me and my husband die I didn't want her having no other sisters or brothers.

I am an only child but I was raised by a single mom and we were and are extremely close. I currently have that with my daughter and I fear that that will fade if I have another baby. My husband is all for having another child.

we've been NTNP for a few months now. This month was more of a concious trying though (I'm not tracking or anything but we increased DTD)
My first is 3.5 yrs. She was very high needs and its only been the past few months I've felt comfortable with the idea of having another as I have to plan and assume the next will be as terrible otherwise I will end up really struggling if I didn't prepare for the same again. I suffered with depression I think following the first and so if I prepare or assume the next will be a 'normal' baby I think it will only dig myself into a potential hole.
I still second guess myself though because OH is away a lot and I'm loving just having a little girl to go and do things with and no nappy and meal time fears etc! Its going to make things very awkward with a nother, but I don't think its fair for my LO to be alone and I do like the idea of a second and trying to enjoy this one time.

good luck all

Hi everyone, Im too TTC #2 :flower:

My son is almost 2years 2months old. Were onto cycle 3 as of this week.
I stopped BCP in May'13 so still getting back to 'normal'. My first cycle was a 28day one like when on BCP, 2nd was a long agonizing 34days! Hoping this time round is a short smooth one :haha:

As to the post about when you know you want aother baby... i so do as been broody since he was like 4 month old lol. But now we are TTC, i have moments or 2nd thoughts as i dont want to have to worry about spending my time equally with both children and sometimes feel badly that Jacob wont get my full attention all the time. But having another child will be amazing, hes already great with babies and always telling me 'baby' when sees one or just in the house etc. So he'd make a fab big brother! You've just got to do it in my eyes :baby:

Good luck everyone!

:dust:

we've been NTNP for a few months now. This month was more of a concious trying though (I'm not tracking or anything but we increased DTD)
My first is 3.5 yrs. She was very high needs and its only been the past few months I've felt comfortable with the idea of having another as I have to plan and assume the next will be as terrible otherwise I will end up really struggling if I didn't prepare for the same again. I suffered with depression I think following the first and so if I prepare or assume the next will be a 'normal' baby I think it will only dig myself into a potential hole.
I still second guess myself though because OH is away a lot and I'm loving just having a little girl to go and do things with and no nappy and meal time fears etc! Its going to make things very awkward with a nother, but I don't think its fair for my LO to be alone and I do like the idea of a second and trying to enjoy this one time.

good luck all

Wow I could have written this myself!

I'm exactly the same. Olivia was extremely hard work as a baby and I'm preparing for another one the same. On the positive side, #2 couldn't possibly be any worse and we'll already have a good idea what to do and what not to do :)

My DH is also away a lot, he works away 2 weeks out of every month. He only just started this new job a month ago so I'm still getting used to being on my own so much but I must admit I'm enjoying it so far, having lots of time just me and LO. My plan is to just kind of incorporate the new baby into that - I will be getting a sling and will just carry the baby everywhere with us, which is something I never did with Olivia. I wad so obsessed with trying to get her to settle on her own that I probably made it harder on myself. This time, as long as baby is comfortable he/she can stay with me in the sling as much as thry like so I can still give Olivia all the attention she needs

We started trying for baby number 2 on Tuesday and have been at it every night since! :winkwink:

I'm so excited, scared and nervous!

I just want the next few weeks to fly by then I can find out! I'm so impatient! :)

Eeeek us too....its exciting but scary at the same time.

Our best days to ttc this month are tomorrow and Tuesday so if u dont see me online u know why lol!!

This is our first month trying :)

All the best!

Hi all, do you mind if I join? We are starting ttc #2 this coming month. I have been taking cerazette this month but only for one month as didn't think we would be able to start trying this quickly, so hoping it hasn't messed my cycle up too much and I get back to normal asap.

Our lo is 10 months (on Thursday) and has a rare genetic condition that has left her blind. We have had genetic counselling and know now that the chances of it happening again are the same as for any other couple so we have decided to go for it as we always wanted a small age gap.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better x

Hi all, do you mind if I join? We are starting ttc #2 this coming month. I have been taking cerazette this month but only for one month as didn't think we would be able to start trying this quickly, so hoping it hasn't messed my cycle up too much and I get back to normal asap.

Our lo is 10 months (on Thursday) and has a rare genetic condition that has left her blind. We have had genetic counselling and know now that the chances of it happening again are the same as for any other couple so we have decided to go for it as we always wanted a small age gap.

Aw sorry to hear about your DDs condition.

Wishing you all the best with number 2 hun xx

I am an only child but I was raised by a single mom and we were and are extremely close. I currently have that with my daughter and I fear that that will fade if I have another baby. My husband is all for having another child.

Hi.. I have two sisters and 1 brother, so I don't know how it must feel being an only child but my best friend is an only child and she has a 1 year old and she said she doesn't want her daughter to be an only child as she know it can be quite lonely x

We started trying for baby number 2 on Tuesday and have been at it every night since! :winkwink:

I'm so excited, scared and nervous!

I just want the next few weeks to fly by then I can find out! I'm so impatient! :)

Eeeek us too....its exciting but scary at the same time.

Our best days to ttc this month are tomorrow and Tuesday so if u dont see me online u know why lol!!

This is our first month trying :)

All the best!

Good Luck :) x

good luck all

Good Luck to you :) x

Thank you hun x To be honest she is great, it's us having to get used to it :) In a way it's fortunate that she has lost her sight this early as she will never know any different and so just get on with it.

Thank you hun x To be honest she is great, it's us having to get used to it :) In a way it's fortunate that she has lost her sight this early as she will never know any different and so just get on with it.

I really admire your strength and positivity :)

These next 9 days til my period is due are gonna drag!!!:wacko:

Anyone else?

Yep I hear ya time is soooo slow when ur in the tww....I cannot wait to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->