• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting 2nd ivf cycle April/May

EAB - Did you do another beta today or will it be tomorrow....fxed for you!

Pinkie - sorry hun, I know it is such a disappointment when the cycle doesn't go as planned.

ttcbaby117, I think we crossposted. Yes I did. 737!!! Thanks for thinking of me!
How are you feeling!

Omg what an awesome number! Great beta! I'm doing well so ready toget started and be pregnant!

Hi girls! Hope all is going well.

Eab - great beta

Pinkie - glad to see some PMA

Krissy - good luck on the next scan

Hello to anyone I missed

AFM- Nothing new. Still occasional cramping, moodiness. Sad new though, my last embie didn't make it to freeze. Kinda devistated and it doesn't help that my PMA is up and down at the moment.

Everything crossed for you!

Thank you ladies, I am terrified about tomorrow and cant wait to get there and know our one embryo is still doing well. So scared. Thanks for the positive vibes. Will let you know how it goes.

MrsL4, best of luck with EC tomorrow sounds like you have a healthy number of follicles so no doubt you're get a good number of eggs. Will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on.

Eab, I have a good feeling for you too. You hang in there you are going great :hugs:

On a different note, I thought I would share this 'infertility etiquette'. I came across it a few years ago and thought it was brilliant. If you ever struggle to explain to someone how infertility is for a women and a couple and how they can support you, I thought this was the perfect explanation.

https://www.resolve.org/support/for-family--friends/infertility-etiquette.html

Congrats on being pupo!! Thanks for the link I am going to check it out.

Do any of you ladies who had the Endo scratch remember when before your cycle you have to get it done?

Sending some of my good vibes with you Pinkie! Good luck today.

Pinkie - CONGRATS on the embie!! And SUPER GOOD LUCK today!! So exciting for you to be PUPO! Hopefully it's a nice and sticky one, because it just takes one :dust:

Mrs - Good luck on your ER today! Although it sounds like you hardly need any luck, your follie counts sound great.

AFM - DD has not been sleeping well at all, and the Lupron and/or BCP has given me terrible insomnia.... So between lack of sleep and hormones I had a good long cry over the weekend. Poor DH clearly had no idea what to do. But... drumroll please! Less than a month before my FET date! SOOOO excited. I stop BCP on Wednesday and then the transfer cycle could start any day! :happydance:

I am officially PUPO :happydance::happydance: I can't believe it.

I didn't sleep at all last night and was worried sick all morning wondering if our one embryo had made it. So I finally get into the transfer room and the embryologist tells us that its has done really well and we have a top grader they couldn't ask for it to be any better. I burst into tears with relief and happiness. After such a rubbish cycle, thinking it would get cancelled, to only getting one mature egg to that then becoming a top grade just got the better of me. Apparently my lining looked really good and the transfer went well so now its just the dreaded TWW!! My OTD will be 21st June. Thanks for everyones well wishes :hugs:

MrsL4, I hope your EC has gone well today, looking forward to hearing how you got on.

Krissy, sorry to hear you had a bad day but I think a good cry is just what you need sometimes. Excited for your FET it will be here before you know it.

Hope everyone else is doing ok and Dazed only two more days :hugs:

:flower:

Pinkie - :blush: well.... I think that's where the hormones come in. The day wasn't THAT bad lol. CONGRATS ON PUPO :happydance: Do you think you'll test early?

Pinkies, YAY!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:I am so excited for you! Funny, this is the same thing the embryologist told me the day of transfer and it ended up well. I have a very good feeling. I know the tww is such a pain. I hope it goes by fast. Are you planning on testing early?

Krissy, sorry to hear about your luck of sleep. I hope you can get some rest soon. This process is so hard, I felt like crying so many times. On the good side, your FET cycle is just around the corner :happydance:

Hello to everybody else!

Just finished ER - got twenty eggs and will find out ab fertilization tomorrow afternoon. Having some pretty bad cramping so DH is in the store getting my meds. Glad to have all those eggies out!! Keep praying they develop and grow for a Saturday transfer!!

Thanks ladies :hugs: I am still in a little shock that we even got to transfer. I know we still have a long way to go yet but its really given me some hope. Lets hope this is 3rd time lucky for us. I don't have any plans to test early but then this TWW does drive you crazy so who knows.

MrsL4, great number of eggs well done you. I hope you get a great fertilization report tomorrow. Get some rest and drink plenty of water to get your body ready for transfer.

thank you pinkie

and congratulations to you!!! so happy it went well and you had a great embryo to transfer! I will be thinking about you! PUPO!!

Well, I am pretty sure its BFN. Took a test this morning so that I'm not caught off guard tomorrow and all I can see is what looks like and indent.

Lost........ :cry:

dazed :cry: ....i hope its still early for you.....i know you must feel emotionally worn out though

krissy - a little late, but i agree....a good cry every now and then is just helpful! sometimes you may not even know why you are upset or crying, but you feel better afterwards (its like toddlers throwing tantrums when they are utterly exhausted haha)

so ER was a little more physically draining than I thought - I kind of wonder if I have a touch of OHSS. By day 6 of stims I was feeling a lot of heaviness.....and by day 8 and 9, I had to come home after work and just lay down because I was having so much heaviness and twinges of pain.

Yesterday I had a lot more pain afterwards than I thought (and I tend to think I have a high pain tolerance ? maybe not ?). In the recovery room I need a dose of IV medicine just to take the edge off, as I was sitting with my knees to my chest from the cramping. I wasn't crying or moaning but I just could - not - get - comfortable! Thankfully they gave me a rx for a stronger pain medicine, and I needed to take that twice yesterday to help take the edge off and sleep.

This am, my lower abd feels better (although still tender if you press on my ovaries), but I have this diffuse discomfort throughout my abdomen.

I am trying to take it easy and rest a lot, as we are doing a fresh transfer. Hopefully I will start feeling better in the next few days. Using tylenol, heat packs, rest, and the stronger medicine only if needed.

Maybe I just over did it during stims? I was working a lot, so I could have a lighter work week this week before transfer (very thankful for that right now)!

-------------

Also having a hard time between 1 and 2 embryo transfer. I am trying to think about it more as the clock is ticking (if we have enough healthy ones to transfer, too). My doctor is pretty conservative, and she has said she will most likely recommend a single embryo transfer, as we are young, its our first IVF cycle, we responded well to stims, and our lab work is straightforward.

However, another dr in the practice has said 1-2.

My dr is actually pregnant from IVF, and is due any day (we didn't think she would see me towards the end of stims or retrieval - but she did my retrieval yesterday!). So, I may have another dr in the practice doing the transfer.

We are paying out of pocket for everything, and neither of us is interested in a ton of debt because we are desperate for a biologic child. We have talked about adoption if conceiving on own just isn't happening. Right now, we have obviously agreed to at least one fresh IVF, and we are hopeful that we will have enough embryos so we can do one frozen IVF. From there though, if we still don't have a "reason" why things aren't working, I am not sure we are going to want to still move forward physically/emotionally/financially. We will cross that bridge when we get there.

The point of all that is.......given our financial limitations with multiple cycles of IVF, my HEART wants the best chance, and my HEART wants two embryos to transfer.

However, my HEAD says to go with my dr and transfer one.....who has taken GREAT care of me.....I trust her 100% and she has gotten us this far, with a great stim.

DH and I are both in the medical field, so we know some of the problems associated with twin pregnancy and the increased risks. But, to be honest, despite our background, we are not objective during this. Plus, reproductive endocrinology and infertility is the opposite end of our specialities.

I am expected a call today with the fertilization report, but after today, we may not hear from them. If there are problems with the embryos progressing, they will call us for a day 3 transfer.

I need to know, going in on Saturday, what we are going to do. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Sigh.....sorry for the long post.....I am just so absolutely torn! There are so many decisions during IVF that many people will never have to think about! Like what will happen to your frozen embryos if one spouse dies, or you get divorced ..... I mean, what people think about that stuff and have to make decisions on that?!

Well, I am pretty sure its BFN. Took a test this morning so that I'm not caught off guard tomorrow and all I can see is what looks like and indent.

Lost........ :cry:

Dazed I am so sorry, I don't know what to say and I know that nothing I can say will make you feel any better. This is so awfully cruel :cry: please test again tomorrow I truly hope it has a better outcome for you. :hugs:

MrsL4, I am not surprised you are feeling delicate today with the number of eggs they got they must have done a lot of pushing down on your abdominal to get them. Just continue resting, taking pain relief and you'll feel better.

I can understand why you would be torn between 1-2 embryos. I've had this conversation with many people including the doctors. I would go with whatever your doctor recommends. Generally if you have a top grade embryo or blastocyst on day 5 I would go with the one, remember you want the quality not quantity. My understanding is with one top grade embryo you will have more of a chance of pregnancy. If the embryos are good but not quite what they would like to see at this stage then I would go for two to increase your chances. This happened to us on our first cycle, we were told only one embryo but when we got to the day of our transfer on day 5 unfortunately the embryos we had left we not top grades so we transferred two. I know there is so much to think about and this journey is so emotionally and financially draining but take one step at a time.

Did you not sign any forms about what would happen to your frozen embryos if anything should happen? Ask your doctor when you go back as there are options. If anything was to happen to your husband he can sign to say that you are allowed to use the frozen embryos, if anything was to happen to you then you can sign for them to be destroyed for donated.

Hope you get your fertility report soon, I was climbing the walls all morning for mine so hope you're feeling ok. Good Luck.

MrsL - These are all very common questions, wonders, and doubts to have going through this. All you can do is take it one day at a time.

There are so many decisions during IVF that many people will never have to think about! Like what will happen to your frozen embryos if one spouse dies, or you get divorced ..... I mean, what people think about that stuff and have to make decisions on that?!

We signed these forms as well as an option that should we decide not to freeze, if we would be willing to donate. We had decided if I died, we would dispose of the embryos. If he died, I could keep them for future use given I have no tubes.

thanks dazed

still thinking about you....wish i had better words for comfort.....still hoping you are just early on....

Dazed so sorry hun.....huge hugs!!!!!

MrsL - Sorry you aren't feeling so hot but I think it is expected with how many eggs you got. Make sure to drink your Gatorade and eat some protein which will help get rid of some of the fluid. The debate on 1 or 2 is a huge one....It weighs heavily on many of us. I can understand with your financial situation why going through another IVF is difficult. Maybe explain that to your dr, she might be more cooperative about doing 2, though I must say the Single Embryo Transfer is the new thing now.....It is such a personal decision and maybe your report will help you decide. Once you know how many you have to freeze. Is a frozen transfer expensive? I know it is a lot less where I go. Good luck in making this very tough decision.

Sorry if this has been asked before - but question for you ladies:
Did anyone down reg with BCP and Lupron? Did you get any breakthrough bleeding or spotting while you were on them? I thought I wasn't supposed to bleed until a few days after stopping bcp but I started spotting today with 1 pill still left to go.

Krissy - I think it's normal, but check with your doc/nurse to be sure.

Sorry if this has been asked before - but question for you ladies:
Did anyone down reg with BCP and Lupron? Did you get any breakthrough bleeding or spotting while you were on them? I thought I wasn't supposed to bleed until a few days after stopping bcp but I started spotting today with 1 pill still left to go.

krissy - i downreg'ed with bcp and lupron...and yes, i started spotting one-two days before my last pill. I then had heavier bleeding for 2-3 days, then started stims....and spotted up until my third stim day. My doctor was not surprised, but it would not hurt to ask.

-----------
Out of the 20 eggs retrieved, 12 were mature, and all were ICSI'ed......now 9 have fertilized. They don't check on them tomorrow, but will look Thursday. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->