Starting 2nd ivf cycle April/May

eabwhab I am sorry you don't feel this cycle is going as well as your previous one and hope the growth rate improves soon.

I've learnt slow and steady wins the race. Hence, my long protocol produced less eggs but better quality embryos, and short protocol produced more eggs but rubbish embryos. I hope you get some good blastocysts.

AFM - Scan went well. Lining is nice and thin at 3.4mm, I will start Progynova (Oestrogen) tomorrow, and last scan will be next Friday to see if lining is thick and ready for transfer w/c 18/5.

Thank you Babyd. I hope this is my case too. In the end last time I produced more eggs but ended up with only 3 fertilized... My doctor indeed mentioned that with this protocol we are looking for quality rather than quantity.
Your transfer day is approaching fast!!! I am glad things are going well so far.

Did anyone else have a Lupron trigger at the end of a stim cycle? What kind of bleeding did you get and how soon after the injection (or how soon after ER)?

Thanks for the advice BabyD, I will be leaving shortly as its a good 45 min drive. Although annoyingly I went to bed last night with a sore throat and woke up feeling poorly today, spent most of it in bed. My body aches and even hurts to brush my hair so not looking forward to it even more now. Pleased to hear you are track and the lining was good at the scan today. Stay positive about your embies, they will thaw amazingly. :flower:

Krissy, sorry I've not used Lupron before so can't offer any advice. I hope your embryos are doing well, any update?

Eab, please don't be too dishearten. I agree with BabyD, slow and steady. I have to stim for 14 days on the highest dose positive to get my follicles to a good size. And I got less eggs but better quality on my long protocol than my short one. Try getting some blood flow to the uterus area to help them grow.

Will let you know how I get on at my appointment this evening.

:flower:

thanks Pinke, I hope that indeed my follicles will keep growing. It was so unexpected to have such a different response. Oh well, there is no much I can do so I do not want to stress about it. I shall wait and see. Going for acupuncture this eve. That should help with the blood flow and relaxation.

Looking forward to hear about the endo scratch. :hugs:

Hope the scratch went ok Pinkie. Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. I hope you get plenty of rest and feel better soon xx

Well that was eventful... after 10 mins of her trying I couldn't have the procedure done because the entrance to my womb is sealed up!!!! WTF (excuse my French).

She can't understand why this was never picked up before and asked if I have had problems with the transfers? It did take a few attempts last time but we got there in the end. This must be something that has recently happened because I had a hysteroscopy about 2 years ago. She said to break it open would be incredibly painful and didn't think it was fair to do it there and then so I am being booked in for the procedure in the next week under a general and they will do the scratch at the same time. I asked if this could have contributed to our infertility and she said it was possible. I can't believe it!

Half of me wants to cry because I am so fed up with all of this but then there is another part that is trying to focus on the positives. Once this is done it might be a whole different ball game for us.

Sorry for the moan, hope everyone else is doing ok :flower:

Wow Pinkie! Sorry to hear that but you are right this might be the reason and thankfully it is relatively easy to fix. I know the delay is frustrating but think of it this way....you are one step closer to your BFP!

Pinkie - Sorry for the frustration, but hopefully this is all you need to overcome to get your sticky bean!

AFM - Got a little bit of good news today. As of day 3 both embies had grown to 8 cells :) So far so good... but they still have a few days to go. FXed for them :dust:

Awesome news Krissy! That is wonderful! Push on through lil ones!

pinkie - sorry to hear you went through that
I actually had a similar experience with IUI catheters.....
the first one wasn't too bad, took about 10 min....he said it was kinda tricky but didn't think it was the reason for our infertility

the second iui....took almost 2 hours (between trying in the normal exam room....pushing my bladder....repositioning my body....etc) and then finally the ultrasound room with 3 doctors using the ultrasound....and a guide wire...and a firmer catheter

third iui....we went straight to the ultrasound room....still took almost a hour and two doctors with another guide wire and firmer catheter

my uterus is anteverted, and apparently my cervix takes a sharp bend which is hard for catheters/wires to pass easily due to the angle....they didn't think that contributed to our infertility but who knows

they did bring out the dilator (and i started praying that would not be placed in me as i was awake).....thank goodness it wasn't necessary......just took a loooong time for the IUIs.....my doctor said it was one of the most difficult iuis

I've never had issues with cervical stenosis or scar tissue (no STDs, only HSG/dye test 6 months ago....and that went super easy)

maybe our bodies are just getting irritated with the foreign bodies being inserted through that area

L4, your IUI's sound like a nightmare. Are you going to have a test transfer before starting your IVF?

I have been booked in for the procedure next Weds, and been told this will not interfere with my cycle and I continue my down regging tomorrow as planned. I just hope once they get inside my womb they don't find anything they shouldn't.

Krissy, brilliant news on your embies. Great cells, well done.

:flower:

Krissy - Glad to her your embies are going good!

Pinkie - I'm sorry you had such a nightmare! I'm overly sensitive to catheters so I probably would have died!

Nothing new to report here. I have apparently gained 3lbs since starting the Lupron! Not happy, but unfortunately no much I can do about it.

Pinkie, darling, so sorry to hear about what you had to go through. It is a bit annoying that they are realizing that only now, but on the positive side, this could be the reason why you guys have had some troubles TTC. I hope your next procedure goes very smoothly. Thinking of you!

Krissy, good luck with your two embies. When are they freezing them?

Dazed, I have also gained some weight :(

WE HAVE TWO BLASTS!!! :cloud9:
Both of the embies made it to blast stage, and nice and quick too! They could have had another 36 hrs to grow if they needed it but they did great. They're getting frozen today... so I just have to make it through this off cycle and it's go time!!

Aw Krissy that is wonderful news...so you have 2 perfect blasts.....Do we see twins in your future???? Congrats hun!

pinkie - yes i just got my date for my mock trial transfer (oooohh lordie, I better get myself pumped up after the long IUI experiences)....

Just got off the phone w the nurse.... Start Lupron the 15th. I see them the 14th for a trial transfer, blood work, and to go over the schedule. Started BCP yesterday.

Still planning on stimming around the 29th.

TTC- lol I think we'll transfer them one at a time. My clinic's not big on doing multiples without some driving reason.

.... lol I have to say I'm surprised how tempting it is though

Yes it is tempting....I am putting back in 2 but only because I am 39.

TTC - I'm 32... but with all the issues we've had this time around, this next pregnancy will be our last hurrah. If we didn't have any kids I'd probably transfer both, but since we have our DD already, I think two-and-through sounds just about right for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->