Starting Business Hand Drawn Sketches

oliviarose

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am posting inthis section as it gets a lot more traffic than the working board.

My DH is a very keen artist and we are trying to come up with ways of him to promote his talent.. He has got a facebook page set up, but he isn't getting anywhere with it.... He uploads all of his work on there, but he never gets any response from it.....

Now this is where you help comes in ladies... What is the best way to get him started? What free ways do you think that he can promote his drawings? Once he starts making a steady income, he would love to get his own website.. But we need to see that it is taking off before we do this.... He under charges for his work too, but even that doesn't draw the people in.... He draws people and animals.... He has had a lot of people that he works with have portraits off him, but that is it. We were hoping that other people would see these drawings and want one too.... But that hasn't been the case.... He has been trying for the last year to promote this, but we have hit a brick wall now... So would love some ideas from new people....

Any help ladies would be greatly appreciated :)

A couple of samples of his work..

Aston Merrigod from JLS (so you can see the likeness)

One of his animal drawings.. Three dogs...

Attachments

• 407444_215950131833041_92718351_n[1].jpg
    407444_215950131833041_92718351_n[1].jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 226142_123869844374404_4809039_n[1].jpg
    226142_123869844374404_4809039_n[1].jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 11
My friend has a facebook page selling her drawings and she's doing well so it can be done love. What's the name of his page hun and I will like it and try to help you out xx

My friend has a facebook page selling her drawings and she's doing well so it can be done love. What's the name of his page hun and I will like it and try to help you out xx

Thanks hun.. What is your friends page called? Would love to take a look and see what we are doing wrong, LOL.... He is so talented and so passionate about it, he just needs someone to give him that break... It is pencilportraitsbyhand... xxxx

Could he try advertising locally, posters with examples of his work and things?
I work in a veterinary practice and we quite often have people asking if we know any artists who will do animal portraits (often sadly when pets have passed away :-() and his work is fab!

Could he try advertising locally, posters with examples of his work and things?
I work in a veterinary practice and we quite often have people asking if we know any artists who will do animal portraits (often sadly when pets have passed away :-() and his work is fab!

I have said that to him.... Need to see how we could get some leaflets printed up with samples of his work on..... Would it be worth ringing around veterinary practices and find out if they would let us do this? Thanks for the help :)

Ah he's got it as a regular page where you have to make a friend request rather than a business page where people simply like the page - that might hinder things a little. It might help if he sets up a new page xx

Ah he's got it as a regular page where you have to make a friend request rather than a business page where people simply like the page - that might hinder things a little. It might help if he sets up a new page xx

Ohh I didn't know that... Will look into him getting a new page..... Thanks for all of your help :)

I like quite a few business pages and they do "shout out's" of their favourite pages - then they reciprocate. Might be worth him doing that and forming some kind of relationship with other businesses as they all advertise amongst each other - if that makes sense lol

I like quite a few business pages and they do "shout out's" of their favourite pages - then they reciprocate. Might be worth him doing that and forming some kind of relationship with other businesses as they all advertise amongst each other - if that makes sense lol

See its so good to have a frsh set of 'eyes'.. As you are coming up with things we haven't even thought of...

How do we set up a business page on FB?

My friends page is polkadot pumpkin x

Wow you friends work is fab :)

Do you know what her most popular bits are and where does she get all of her customers from?

She does a lot of custom pictures, so requests - drawings from photo's etc. I think her customer base is all word of mouth.

I've had another thought too, you should keep an eye out for local craft fairs as they can be good money spinners too. If he can get a pitch I think it would be worthwhile because he's very good x

See its so good to have a frsh set of 'eyes'.. As you are coming up with things we haven't even thought of...

How do we set up a business page on FB?

Not 100% sure to be honest - this should help though x

https://www.facebook.com/help?page=255100294550008

https://www.facebook.com/help/?page=198605806884743&ref=hcsubnav

Thanks for all of your help and great advice Betty... Is such a big help :)

Thanks for all of your help and great advice Betty... Is such a big help :)

My pleasure love, I'm hoping to set my own page up in the not too distant future so hopefully we can support each other xx

Well I make cards but have also started dabbling in photography. Not really sure where I'm going to end up but I think the journey is going to be fun lol.

Well I make cards but have also started dabbling in photography. Not really sure where I'm going to end up but I think the journey is going to be fun lol.

Ohh that sounds fab... One word... Weddings.... We got married in April and the lady who did our invites was fab and she was so reasonable... We found her at a local wedding fayre at a hotel near us... She did invites, name places, table plans, etc.....

I love hand made cards too, think it is such a nice touch.... Can't wait to see your page when it is set up xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->