starting college with toddler and baby

pixielmh

Single mum of 4 Girls and bump
Reaction score
This isnt really work related but close enough.

Im 25 with 2 kids one ages 2 ( starts nursery in jab 2014)
And other one due in june.

Ive always been in/out of temp work and loads of times unemployed and hubby lost his job in Sept and struggling to find work. Im fed up of walking in jobcentre and seeing it full of idiots who u know dnt wanna work or take jobs incase they lose benefits and get sacked week later. Anyway me and hubby WANT a job but struggling.

Being 17 weeks preg and daughter going through funny stage theres not much u csn do now :(
So ive enrolled in a course in college to get my career back on track but I feel guilty not for my daughter really as she will only be in nursery 3-4 months early but for baby who will be 3 months old and in childcare. I dnt wanna miss anything or lose clossness with my child. College is only 3x a week to fit in with daughters nursery days too. Anyone else started college/work. While child so young?

I've just put up a similar thread in baby club :

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-club/1660757-school-college-young-baby.html

I think the biggest thing for me is leaving them so young, so leaving my 2 littlies with family as much as possible would ease my guilt. My eldest goes to nursery anyway so it wouldn't be an upheaval at all for him.

I think if you think in the long term rather than the short term, you'll know whether it'll be worth it or not.

I want a career that my kids can be proud of and I can be a model mum not a bum in and out of jobs lol. Plus I want to work towards something

I want a career that my kids can be proud of and I can be a model mum not a bum in and out of jobs lol. Plus I want to work towards something

I'm exactly the same. I want them when they're older to see me going off to work happy and enjoying what I do, while still making an honest living. My Mum was in and out of jobs she hated (still is at 57!) and I really do not want my boys to see that.

Hi, I started uni when my first daughter was 6 months old and had my second daughter at the end of my first year, I also feel the same way about getting a good job but I also feel guilty putting my children into childcare part time, but I think that long term all of us will be better off as I will be able to give the girls more opportunities in life than if I didn't continue my education.
Are you finding it difficult fitting in work around the children? x

My lo was 1 when i went back to uni. He is in nursery 4 days a week and 1 day with mil. I have felt awful at times and missed lo terribly but you need to keep your end goal in sight as you know it Will be worth it for all of you...

Im just worried as my youngest will be just over 2 months old

My baby will be around 4 months when I start a course in college later this year, I already feel horrible about it but like other people have said you have to look at the big picture, in the future when we are positive role models and earning good money to give them all they need then we won't regret it:)

Ive always been in/out of temp work and loads of times unemployed and hubby lost his job in Sept and struggling to find work. Im fed up of walking in jobcentre and seeing it full of idiots who u know dnt wanna work or take jobs incase they lose benefits and get sacked week later. Anyway me and hubby WANT a job but struggling.

Being 17 weeks preg and daughter going through funny stage theres not much u csn do now :(
So ive enrolled in a course in college to get my career back on track but I feel guilty not for my daughter really as she will only be in nursery 3-4 months early but for baby who will be 3 months old and in childcare. I dnt wanna miss anything or lose clossness with my child. College is only 3x a week to fit in with daughters nursery days too. Anyone else started college/work. While child so young?

Hi, I dont know if you would be interested in working from home. I am currently on maternity leave and I really dont want to go back to work as I dont want to leave my little one. My friend recommended doing marketing online where you just work from home, Its 100% commission.And basically all you have to do is blog everyday and market it to make sales. I cant post the link up on here but if you are interested, just let me know.

Hi, I dont know if you would be interested in working from home. I am currently on maternity leave and I really dont want to go back to work as I dont want to leave my little one. My friend recommended doing marketing online where you just work from home, Its 100% commission.And basically all you have to do is blog everyday and market it to make sales. I cant post the link up on here but if you are interested, just let me know.

I am interested!could you please post the link!im in the same situation like you not want to leave my babies so not going back to work however it will put bit strain on our finances so it would be great if you can post it and I have a look!extra pennies always welcome!

Im just worried as my youngest will be just over 2 months old

I've got my due date. If I go 2 weeks OD I could be starting my course when my LO is 2 weeks old! :wacko: I am starting to think that may be a bit much, but I have an interview in May for the course, so have until then to decide. I should also know by then if I'm going to need induction/section so may see my EDD come forward and give myself more time. I need LO to be 6 weeks when my hubby goes back to Uni (that's the youngest the CM will take) towards the end of September. It's going to be close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->