Starting IUI January and TTC #1 - anyone else?

That's great. How did your u/s go? how do you feel about your meds? As the days go on, I'm finding it easier with mine.

Mine went pretty well although I was a bit unconfortable since I was on CD2 of AF:wacko: But the nurse told me to relax and she's used to it:haha: I did wipe the worst of it off in the changing room with some paper they have to wipe off the gel they use on the U/S probes, sorry maybe TMI:haha:

I think it's going ok with my meds. I perfected my technique today on day 2 of hormones and tried turning the needle after 5 seconds and then gave it 5 seconds more before I slowly pulled the needle out. The drop on the needle was a good deal smaller than yesterday:thumbup: I'd read about people using this technique when taking their insulin for diabetes and reporting smaller or no drops afterwards. So think I'll continue with this method. I'm using the Puregon Pen to take my Puregon so it's been pretty easy:thumbup:

How did yours go? Are you using a pen as well or vials?

Yeah, the u/s can be a bit messy with all the gel and whatever else is going on :winkwink:

My menopur is in a vial that I had to mix myself, so that's the injection that I'm taking. The pregnyl is the 'booster' that I'll be taking when instructed and that's in vials that I have to mix myself too and inject.

I did ask about a pen as I wasn't too sure about being able to inject myself...but I put on a brave face and went with the injection in the end :thumbup:

Im feeling crappy about this month.
Had monitoring today . One egg is 18mm the other 13mm.. And they have me triggering tonight.. So i doubt the 13 will catch up enough to matter by tues am

Had monitoring today . One egg is 18mm the other 13mm.. And they have me triggering tonight.. So i doubt the 13 will catch up enough to matter by tues am

Hi Mississippi03,

It seems that you're just ahead of me in this cycle. I will be starting my monitoring tomorrow, U/S on CD8 :argh:

Fingers crossed it all goes well.

In relation to the follicle size, what size does your clinic go by before they tell you to take the trigger.

That's great. How did your u/s go? how do you feel about your meds? As the days go on, I'm finding it easier with mine.

Mine went pretty well although I was a bit unconfortable since I was on CD2 of AF:wacko: But the nurse told me to relax and she's used to it:haha: I did wipe the worst of it off in the changing room with some paper they have to wipe off the gel they use on the U/S probes, sorry maybe TMI:haha:

I think it's going ok with my meds. I perfected my technique today on day 2 of hormones and tried turning the needle after 5 seconds and then gave it 5 seconds more before I slowly pulled the needle out. The drop on the needle was a good deal smaller than yesterday:thumbup: I'd read about people using this technique when taking their insulin for diabetes and reporting smaller or no drops afterwards. So think I'll continue with this method. I'm using the Puregon Pen to take my Puregon so it's been pretty easy:thumbup:

How did yours go? Are you using a pen as well or vials?

Yeah, the u/s can be a bit messy with all the gel and whatever else is going on :winkwink:

My menopur is in a vial that I had to mix myself, so that's the injection that I'm taking. The pregnyl is the 'booster' that I'll be taking when instructed and that's in vials that I have to mix myself too and inject.

I did ask about a pen as I wasn't too sure about being able to inject myself...but I put on a brave face and went with the injection in the end :thumbup:

Ok sounds a bit more difficult with the vials:wacko: I'm rather happy using a pen for my injections:winkwink:

Using a pen is still injecting yourself although the needle is very, very thin so you don't feel it going in. So all you have to do is put a needle on the pen, adjust the dosage and just stick the needle in all the way at a 90 degree angle and press the button and it counts down as it's injecting. Pretty simple and there's no mixing. I hope my trigger shot isn't anything with mixing but we'll see what it ends up being. Maybe I'll find out on Friday:shrug:

Aww that's too bad Mississippi03:hugs: But maybe you'll get lucky and the egg that is mature gets fertilized. Remember that since you're having an IUI there will be somewhere between 50-100 times more sperm up there than if you just BDed. So chances are still better than if it was a natural cycle. Here's hoping you get your BFP :dust:

I think 18mm, as soon as any of my ultrasounds show one at or over that they will tell me to trigger.. Kind of bummed.. I wanted a few more days as my opk this am was def negative and i naturally dont O until cd16

And ive only monitored twice.. Once thurs and once today.. So if your meds wok you should only be 2-3 days behind me! We can be tww buddies

Im hoping it works. I was doing so good not getting my hopes up but i feel oday ruined any glimmer i had lol

I think 18mm, as soon as any of my ultrasounds show one at or over that they will tell me to trigger.. Kind of bummed.. I wanted a few more days as my opk this am was def negative and i naturally dont O until cd16

And ive only monitored twice.. Once thurs and once today.. So if your meds wok you should only be 2-3 days behind me! We can be tww buddies

Im hoping it works. I was doing so good not getting my hopes up but i feel oday ruined any glimmer i had lol

I think that most people are tiggered a few days before they naturally O.

I wouldn't count yourself out yet with the amount of sperm they'll be putting in you. Of course your odds go up even more with 2-3 eggs but I still think they're higher than if you had a natural cycle. So you still are in with a chance, better than if this was a natural cycle! The meds should also be helping your lining to be prime for a fertilized egg.

So no reason to give up hope entirely beforehand:happydance: Good luck, I'll be hoping for you then :dust:

Yeah, I agree with KatO79...you're at a higher rate of success than a natural cycle.
Are you taking any meds on this cycle? I have everything crossed for you...well until tomorrow morning anyway when I go back in for more monitoring :winkwink:

I was in this morning for bloods and u/s and things are going OK.......I'll know more after u/s and bloods tomorrow :thumbup:

My cycles are 'short' according to the clinic - 25/26 days :shrug:

yes, being TWW buddies sounds great :thumbup: Are you planning on doing any tests yourself during the TWW....I'm planning on not, but I'm not sure if i'll be able to stick to it!!:dohh:

I start progesterone the day after iui.. But think ill start baby aspirin too.

I am testing out my trigger shot every 2-3 days. Ill be posting those pics in my journal if you care to see them.. I just added my first. Other then that.. Once the trigger is out of my system, i am going to try not to test until 14 dpiui.. But we will see lol

What did todays us show?? Fx for you guys!

I start progesterone the day after iui.. But think ill start baby aspirin too.

I am testing out my trigger shot every 2-3 days. Ill be posting those pics in my journal if you care to see them.. I just added my first. Other then that.. Once the trigger is out of my system, i am going to try not to test until 14 dpiui.. But we will see lol

What did todays us show?? Fx for you guys!

You're very close to your IUI by the sounds of things.

There are a lot of things that I need to learn here - does your clinic do your bloods on your us days?

We went in for more monitoring today - had a us and bloods and........ I was called back for my procedure..I can officially say that I am in the TWW zone :happydance: it all happened so fast - yesterday was my first us of this cycle and now my iui is all done!!!

It's unbelievable how fast it has happened - this is my very first one, so I'm probably sounding a wee bit naive about what's happening!!

My cycles are short, but my us and the bloods confirmed the i was o'ing - so straight in there!!:winkwink: The lining was thickening nicely and the follicle growing as expected. I didn't need to take my trigger shot, but they recommended I take it after iui to enhance my chances.

We're planning on not doing any test during the tww, but I'm not sure if we can hold on that long!!

Fx for you guys too and some sticky baby dust for all of us :dust:

Wow that was fast Bajayby:wacko: Good luck, hope it works:happydance:

I'm probably way behind you 2:nope: Going in for my 2nd U/S on Friday and they'll decide if I need to trigger or keep taking Puregon or something. If I get to trigger, they'll let me know what day and time and schedule the IUI to happen 36 hours after I've triggered (they'll expect me to O 38-42 hours after I've triggered).

And if your curious they don't take blood tests on me, that's not normal procedure at my clinic. They go by follicle size and uterine lining thickness and guess what's the most optimal time for me to trigger.

Bajayby - yes I also did my iui this morning.. And yes we do bloods with the us too. So we are perfect tww buddies lol

Kat - on my second monitoring day they called me and told me to trigger that night. So if thats the case for you, you might be doing your iui on sunday! Fx!

Kat, yes it seems like you'll be having your iui over this weekend. I'll be having fx for you. good luck with your monitoring on Fri, I hope it's going to plan.

Bajayby - yes I also did my iui this morning.. And yes we do bloods with the us too. So we are perfect tww buddies lol

Kat - on my second monitoring day they called me and told me to trigger that night. So if thats the case for you, you might be doing your iui on sunday! Fx!

Great, we're in the same boat. I hope it all went smooth for you this morning.

Kat, I hope you can join us in the tww soon :thumbup: we will overlap for a while.

My clinic is closed on Sundays so at earliest it'll be on Monday they'll do the IUI:nope:

Thanks Bajayby and Mississippi:hugs: Guess I'm always the odd one out, I never seem to synch with anybody:dohh:

Hi girls, my partner does clinical hypnosis and did some with me on the way to the clinic this...I think it worked as it turned out that I was ready for IUI!! :)
Anyway, she mentioned a very good point and I think that I will pass it on..... she reckons that TTC should be changed to PTC.... Planning To Conceive.... you know, we hear stories of people trying for a while to conceive and as soon as they stop trying...hey presto...they get a BFP!! perhaps we 'try' too hard and it turns out somewhere mentally, physically and emotionally, the trying has an effect on us.
If we changed the term to PTC, I think that it would have a much more positive effect on us :)..what do you girls think?

I think your parntner's right to a point that sometimes when people try too hard, they don't conceive and when they stop trying, it happens. But this certainly isn't correct for everyone:nope: Of course it's those stories that circulate where someone adopted or stopped trying or whatever and they get their BFP while the ones who still didn't manage to conceive don't get mentioned because it's not as "interesting". But some people do have issues that require that they need some help or need to monitor their cycles to be able to conceive.

What I guess I'm trying to say is that we should be a bit careful with generalizing too much. I've chatted with or read about many women who've been trying for a long time, myself included, that already have enough of hearing the old "just relax and it'll happen" mantra (my MIL loves this one plus the "you want it too much" mantra:dohh:). Like people assume that anyone who doesn't conceive within 3-6 months MUST be stressed or trying too hard and that's why they're not conceiving. This is certainly not true for everyone:nope:

I think your parntner's right to a point that sometimes when people try too hard, they don't conceive and when they stop trying, it happens. But this certainly isn't correct for everyone:nope: Of course it's those stories that circulate where someone adopted or stopped trying or whatever and they get their BFP while the ones who still didn't manage to conceive don't get mentioned because it's not as "interesting". But some people do have issues that require that they need some help or need to monitor their cycles to be able to conceive.

What I guess I'm trying to say is that we should be a bit careful with generalizing too much. I've chatted with or read about many women who've been trying for a long time, myself included, that already have enough of hearing the old "just relax and it'll happen" mantra (my MIL loves this one plus the "you want it too much" mantra:dohh:). Like people assume that anyone who doesn't conceive within 3-6 months MUST be stressed or trying too hard and that's why they're not conceiving. This is certainly not true for everyone:nope:

Hi Kato79, oh, I hope that I have not offended anyone here by writing the previous post.:blush: The point my OH was getting at was about hoping to instill a more positive affirmation. Again I hope that I have not offended anyone.

How are you doing this last couple of days?

Nope not offended just think we need to be a bit careful. I'm sure some couples do need to relax more because I'm sure some of them are stressing themselves out but not everyone. I consider myself pretty relaxed as I dropped all the OPKs, CBFM, charting and everything else months ago and have left the BD planning up to DH. Yet still no BFP. So yes, it doesn't work for everyone but perhaps other women would benefit:shrug:

Still nervous about tomorrow. My biggest fear is if there are too many eggs:wacko: I've been feeling occasional very short twinges in my ovaries (mostly the left one) the past 3-4 days so something is definitely going on, hence my fear if it means too many eggs:wacko: But it is listed as a side effect of Puregon so maybe that's just something that can happen no matter how many eggs are in there:shrug: Will know for sure tomorrow afternoon at my 2nd U/S.

Nope not offended just think we need to be a bit careful. I'm sure some couples do need to relax more because I'm sure some of them are stressing themselves out but not everyone. I consider myself pretty relaxed as I dropped all the OPKs, CBFM, charting and everything else months ago and have left the BD planning up to DH. Yet still no BFP. So yes, it doesn't work for everyone but perhaps other women would benefit:shrug:

Still nervous about tomorrow. My biggest fear is if there are too many eggs:wacko: I've been feeling occasional very short twinges in my ovaries (mostly the left one) the past 3-4 days so something is definitely going on, hence my fear if it means too many eggs:wacko: But it is listed as a side effect of Puregon so maybe that's just something that can happen no matter how many eggs are in there:shrug: Will know for sure tomorrow afternoon at my 2nd U/S.

Does your consultant have a rule about the number of eggs or is it a combination of your decision and theirs? I hope that all works for you at the us tomorrow and that you can have your iui before the weekend.

AFM, I had my IUI on cd9, which I thought was early, but the results of my us and bloods meant that i was ready.
Do you know when foing for IUI, do people tend to label the day of IUI as O day? I'm not sure what day I'm on at the minute....but I do know that I'm due back to the clinic for test on 28th if :witch: doesn't show. As per my cycles, :af: will not be due until 29/30 Jan.

Hi ladies. Mind if I crash your thread. I'm in the RE's waiting room right now waiting to talk about next steps, which we already discussed would be Clomid and IUI. I have zero idea what to expect. I'm part nervous, excited and scared. And I really hope my DF is going to be as committed to this process as I am. He got really annoyed by the timed BD and "sex on demand". So I hope he's ready for this.

I tend to get a little obsessive about getting PG so I don't want to get my hopes up too high. I'm that person that starts testing at like 3 DPO! Crazy, I know.

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated. AF is due tomorrow so I hope to get started ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->