Starting IUI January and TTC #1 - anyone else?

Kat that's awesome! Does it feel like you're making progress now? I hated the waiting and checking levels and images. I know it's important b4 they start IUI but it takes up time. Forgive me for not remembering but are you doing injectable?

Hi ladies.

I start 100mg of Clomid tomorrow. I really hope by body tolerates it well. I'm so confused at how this whole process works and when to go in for tests, ect but I just called the RE and they told me to start with OPK's at CD9 and call them as soon as I get a positive. Eeeks. This is all starting to get very real for me and I'm super nervous.

How is everyone else doing?

Kat that's awesome! Does it feel like you're making progress now? I hated the waiting and checking levels and images. I know it's important b4 they start IUI but it takes up time. Forgive me for not remembering but are you doing injectable?

Yes it really does but I already felt like that the day I started my injectables - which was 50 IU Puregon every night from CD2 to CD9 (today is CD12).

At my clinic they only use U/S to check stuff, no blood tests. At the 1st U/S it's to check for cysts (CD2 or CD3). At the next U/S (between CD8-CD10), they measure any eggs and your endometrial lining to see if you can trigger or if they need to adjust your dose of FSH. Then they do a final U/S before they do the IUI on the day of the IUI to measure any eggs one last time plus make sure there are no more than 3.

By the way, did anyone else feel exhausted the day after their IUI:wacko: I was a bit tired yesterday as well afterwards but it's worse today. I slept long today (until 10:30 AM, perk of being a housewife) and already at around 6-7 PM I felt totally wiped out:shrug: Unfortunately I can't take a nap as a friend is visiting today:dohh::haha:

How is it going for everyone else? Any symptom spotters out there:haha:

No one?

That friend stayed super late so I ended up going to bed at 11:30 PM because I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore:wacko: DH was helping her with her presentation of her report. I can barely remember any of the biotech I learned back then so I wasn't much help:wacko: DH is actually a chemist but helped mostly with what she should and shouldn't include in her presentation.

She also was upset because her group was avoiding her. Seems she talked too much about her man troubles, mostly obssessing about some narcissitic jerk that's a model she went on 1 date with a couple of months ago:dohh: I don't know why she's attracted to these awful guys:nope: She's had 2 mentally and physically abusive boyfriends in the past:nope: Despite me telling her hundreds of times she needs to look beyond good looks, she keeps wanting these attractive jerks that treat her like crap:nope: She has serious self esteem issues:wacko:

Sorry for the vent:dohh:

Hi Kat,

Yes, I felt tired on the eve of my IUI, but was not in work the next day so was able to sleep in. I like my lie ins on my days off :winkwink:

As for symptoms - I'm now 9dpiui... the first few days after IUI, I had cramps, backache and nausea....but I'm thinking that's down to the procedure and the trigger. EWCM has been everyday, but whiteish...sorry if tmi. Over the last few days I've been feeling a 'twinge' in my lower abdomen..towards the left side.... I'm not sure what that means though. I have some positive days and negative days about feeling that the IUI has worked. This is our first attempt at it.

I hope that your friend begins to listen to you soon.

How are you doing these last few days?

Hi Kat,

Yes, I felt tired on the eve of my IUI, but was not in work the next day so was able to sleep in. I like my lie ins on my days off :winkwink:

As for symptoms - I'm now 9dpiui... the first few days after IUI, I had cramps, backache and nausea....but I'm thinking that's down to the procedure and the trigger. EWCM has been everyday, but whiteish...sorry if tmi. Over the last few days I've been feeling a 'twinge' in my lower abdomen..towards the left side.... I'm not sure what that means though. I have some positive days and negative days about feeling that the IUI has worked. This is our first attempt at it.

I hope that your friend begins to listen to you soon.

How are you doing these last few days?

Yes it could be due to the trigger. Here's hoping those are positive signs:flower: If any of that is unusual for you, it could be good signs.

AFM I'm only 3 dpiui and haven't been feeling much other than backache, slight cramping, occasional ovary twinges and some slight pain/twinges in my breasts but that could be due to the trigger as well:shrug: My CM seems fairly normal after O: tacky white with some creamy white in between. I'm also not too sure if it worked so keeping my hopes pretty low in case it's a BFN although I'm allowing myself to feel a tiny bit more hopeful than during my last several natural cycles:winkwink:

As for my friend, I doubt she'll listen to me as I've tried so many times but nothing registers:nope: Even women she's never met previously try knocking sense into her but she doesn't listen. Think her self-esteem issues are a serious problem and she has them because her birth parents abandoned her when she was 3 (she's from India but got Danish adoptive parents so has lived here since she was 3). I remember last year she was complaining about never finding a husband and when I tried telling her she needs to find other places than on Tindr (which seems to be "find a one-night stand" app here) and bars to find men (she's 33 by the way but acts most of the time like she's 16:dohh:), she acted like she wasn't really listening. Just last week she came over to our place and was crying because she saw no purpose in her life since she can't find a husband, feels many of her friends are just superficial friends that don't want to listen to her problems (unfortunately think it's fairly normal here) and is too lazy to take her studies seriously (she was also super lazy in her job search last year and finding a job is hard enough as it is). I unfortunately think she's addicted to being a victim and will never change her life for the better. She's now talking about having IUI with donor sperm in 3-5 years so she can still have her 2 kids since she doubts she'll ever find a husband:nope: She'd make a horrible mother, she's too insecure and she'd spoil them and not raise them properly:dohh: I don't know what to do for her anymore:nope:

It sounds like you're having very similar symptoms to me in my first few days. let's hope it's a positive result for you too. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

It sounds like your friend really needs someone around to talk to. Some people find it hard to meet someone and that can be down to a number of personal reasons. I know that you might be at the end of your tether with how your friend is behaving. Even though you might feel like quitting on them, all that you can do, is be there to listen.

I really hope things get easier for your friend so that you don't have to be so worried about her.

You can really do without the stress right now.

It sounds like you're having very similar symptoms to me in my first few days. let's hope it's a positive result for you too. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

It sounds like your friend really needs someone around to talk to. Some people find it hard to meet someone and that can be down to a number of personal reasons. I know that you might be at the end of your tether with how your friend is behaving. Even though you might feel like quitting on them, all that you can do, is be there to listen.

I really hope things get easier for your friend so that you don't have to be so worried about her.

You can really do without the stress right now.

Yes here's hoping:thumbup: It would be great if all 3 of us got a BFP on our first IUIs:happydance: FXed for you as well :dust:

The problem is she sometimes needs more attention than I can give, than anyone can for that matter. She's almost constantly in a crisis, she's super needy:nope: It'll be much worse when I have a baby, I just won't have time for her almost constant drama and crying sessions where she constantly asks me and DH if it's her making these men act this way:wacko: She really needs psychiatric help in dealing with her self-esteem issues but all the ones she finds seem to be humoring her:nope: As to with men, she goes only by their looks and doesn't seem the least bit concerned with their personality. I've tried telling her she needs to compromise a bit on the looks and find someone that has similar interests and life views who will treat her right but she doesn't get it - at all:dohh: She couldn't understand why that's important in a relationship:nope: She wants a hot model, no matter what a jerk he might be and how much he will treat her like garbage because her low self-esteem makes her feel (subconsciously) that she doesn't deserve any better.

I was just really nauseous and throwing up.. I think i was just tired from that.
Otherwise im not much of a symptom spotter lol..

Hi ladies! I'm happy I found this thread and have enjoyed reading from people in the same boat. I'm 37 and TTC#1. I am on my first medicated round this cycle (Femara) and go in tomorrow for the CD11 u/s. I'm praying I've got some juicy eggs in there and then they will tell me when I can trigger and do the IUI. I'm excited for tomorrow but also not because I'm worried the meds didn't do anything. The morning can't come fast enough.

Welcome waterbaby33 :wave:

Looking forward to hearing what your U/S results are:flower: Here's hoping you have more than 1 egg in there:happydance:

I ended up with one good follie at 18mm and triggered tonight. Not was I was hoping for but at least there's one. I go in for an IUI on Sunday.

Yes here's hoping:thumbup: It would be great if all 3 of us got a BFP on our first IUIs:happydance: FXed for you as well :dust:

The problem is she sometimes needs more attention than I can give, than anyone can for that matter. She's almost constantly in a crisis, she's super needy:nope: It'll be much worse when I have a baby, I just won't have time for her almost constant drama and crying sessions where she constantly asks me and DH if it's her making these men act this way:wacko: She really needs psychiatric help in dealing with her self-esteem issues but all the ones she finds seem to be humoring her:nope: As to with men, she goes only by their looks and doesn't seem the least bit concerned with their personality. I've tried telling her she needs to compromise a bit on the looks and find someone that has similar interests and life views who will treat her right but she doesn't get it - at all:dohh: She couldn't understand why that's important in a relationship:nope: She wants a hot model, no matter what a jerk he might be and how much he will treat her like garbage because her low self-esteem makes her feel (subconsciously) that she doesn't deserve any better.[/QUOTE]

yes, fx for all of us :thumbup:

I fell a bit for your friend, it's not easy dealing with low self esteem. It can consume people in different ways and as a result have minor or major effects on their lives. There is help out there, perhaps your friend is not receiving the specific help she needs. Have you heard of CBT - it's cognitive behavioural therapy. It's about how to handle your thoughts in different ways than is the 'norm' for you. It can be very helpful to ppl who have low self esteem...maybe you could let your friend know about it? It might be worth her looking into it or there may be something else that is out there that can help her work on believing that she is worth it and deserves good in her life.

yes, fx for all of us :thumbup:

I fell a bit for your friend, it's not easy dealing with low self esteem. It can consume people in different ways and as a result have minor or major effects on their lives. There is help out there, perhaps your friend is not receiving the specific help she needs. Have you heard of CBT - it's cognitive behavioural therapy. It's about how to handle your thoughts in different ways than is the 'norm' for you. It can be very helpful to ppl who have low self esteem...maybe you could let your friend know about it? It might be worth her looking into it or there may be something else that is out there that can help her work on believing that she is worth it and deserves good in her life.

She's tried 2 different psychiatrists and none of them have been helping her. I honestly don't know what they're telling her:wacko: Other than she shouldn't take people's rude/hurtful comments to heart because it's her problem, not theirs. She doesn't understand that sometimes you have to tell people that that was hurtful and that you'd appreciate it if they didn't do/say that again:dohh: She constantly tells me to do this any time e.g. DH says something a bit hurtful and I tell him not to say that. She says it's because it's my issue and I shouldn't burden my DH with any of my issues:wacko: She seems to think her psychiatrist's advice to her can be used for everyone else, not seeming to realize that his advice is pertaining to her and may not be applicable for everyone else or in all situations:nope:

The problem is how to bring it up because I'm not sure she realizes that she has self-esteem issues. I'm not even sure she'd be open to help or honesty either. Just see her reaction when me or anyone else tells her that her criteria and method for finding men is flawed and she needs to do something else - she just clams up and keeps on doing the same thing and continuing to complain about her men troubles. Sometimes I'm not allowed to have a problem. I remember New Years 2013 when she came over to get ready with me. I started talking about how I was a bit sad that I wasn't pregnant yet. Her reply in a teary voice: "At least you have a husband and will have children, I'll never have a husband or children!" I was so annoyed because I was looking for support and here she was, taking center stage....again!

I don't mean to sound cruel, it's just that I can't stand her crying over these loser men when numerous people have told her to change her crieteria and where she finds them but she does nothing to try our advice and see what happens. Which makes me doubt she truely wants help or wants to change:nope: Think I need to tell her we don't want to hear about her man troubles because we've given her great advice on how to find a nice guy but she refuses to try it.

Well i think im considering myself BFP today... Cautiously.

I had my hpts go blank again after trigger and now after four progressively darker hpts im actually accepting that its true!! I will likely be going for bloods on wednesday to confirm it!

Well i think im considering myself BFP today... Cautiously.

I had my hpts go blank again after trigger and now after four progressively darker hpts im actually accepting that its true!! I will likely be going for bloods on wednesday to confirm it!

Wow Mississppi that's SUCH great news. I understand the cautiously though. I hope this is your month. GL.

So ladies. Today is my 41st birthday. My RE makes me feel I'm as old as the freaking crypt keeper. But I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.

So today is CD8, done with Clomid as of yesterday (so happy) and I took an OPK but it was neg. I usually ovulate around CD 11 or 12 so I'll keep testing. Not sure if Clomid messes with ovulation. I'm pretty regular. My doc told me to call them when I get a positive OPK but I think I may just call on Monday and make an appt. I'm way too anxious. Me and DF BD'd today for the first time in weeks. I'm gonna take what I can get cause he's been so frustrated with the "sex on demand" business.

How is everyone else doing?

Wow Mississippi, what great news:happydance:

One down, 3-4 to go:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh