Starting IUI January and TTC #1 - anyone else?

Hi ladies. Mind if I crash your thread. I'm in the RE's waiting room right now waiting to talk about next steps, which we already discussed would be Clomid and IUI. I have zero idea what to expect. I'm part nervous, excited and scared. And I really hope my DF is going to be as committed to this process as I am. He got really annoyed by the timed BD and "sex on demand". So I hope he's ready for this.

I tend to get a little obsessive about getting PG so I don't want to get my hopes up too high. I'm that person that starts testing at like 3 DPO! Crazy, I know.

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated. AF is due tomorrow so I hope to get started ASAP.

Hi dojenstein, great to see you on here - I've noticed some posts from you on another thread that I'm on.

I have no experience with Clomid or what the treatment plan is with using Clomid. We have had our first IUI this week - Tuesday. I have been on injectables (self injecting), menopur. I had been prescribed a trigger too, pregnyl. I started my injections on CD3 with monitoring <us and bloods> on cd8 and then again on cd9. Monitoring on cd8 meant that the lining was thickening nicely, I had one mature follicle from the right ovary and 3 not so mature in the left. My bloods showed LH level was good. CD9, my lining had increased further, follicle increased in size and LH surged, so I had to go back in 1.5hrs later for my IUI procedure. The clinic told me my cycles were short, hence IUI on cd9. I've been tracking the length of my cycles but not doing any opks or temping. My cycles have been 25/26 days for the last 4 months. The clinic suggested I take the trigger after the IUI procedure, but I ovulated naturally, so was just a 'booster'.

I hope that you sort things out with DF and I would be interested in fining out your experience with Clomid. Lots of sticky baby dust for you :dust:

Nope not offended just think we need to be a bit careful. I'm sure some couples do need to relax more because I'm sure some of them are stressing themselves out but not everyone. I consider myself pretty relaxed as I dropped all the OPKs, CBFM, charting and everything else months ago and have left the BD planning up to DH. Yet still no BFP. So yes, it doesn't work for everyone but perhaps other women would benefit:shrug:

Still nervous about tomorrow. My biggest fear is if there are too many eggs:wacko: I've been feeling occasional very short twinges in my ovaries (mostly the left one) the past 3-4 days so something is definitely going on, hence my fear if it means too many eggs:wacko: But it is listed as a side effect of Puregon so maybe that's just something that can happen no matter how many eggs are in there:shrug: Will know for sure tomorrow afternoon at my 2nd U/S.

Does your consultant have a rule about the number of eggs or is it a combination of your decision and theirs? I hope that all works for you at the us tomorrow and that you can have your iui before the weekend.

AFM, I had my IUI on cd9, which I thought was early, but the results of my us and bloods meant that i was ready.
Do you know when foing for IUI, do people tend to label the day of IUI as O day? I'm not sure what day I'm on at the minute....but I do know that I'm due back to the clinic for test on 28th if :witch: doesn't show. As per my cycles, :af: will not be due until 29/30 Jan.

It's all them and they won't go through with the IUI if there are more than 3 eggs:nope: Which is a bit silly but I guess they don't want to risk someone getting pregnant with 4-5 babies or more :shrug: If I do get to do my IUI on Monday, it'll be CD12 for me.

I would but not sure what's considered normal. The trigger I'll be getting should induce O 38-42 hours later and they perform the IUI 36 hours after you trigger. So maybe it would be logical to consider IUI day as O day but not sure if that's the case?

Hi dojenstein :wave:

I have no experience with IUIs done with Clomid either as my RE went straight to injectables due to the higher success rate:shrug: I feel like IUI relieves some of the whole BDing stress because you know that you're getting tons of :spermy:s directly into the uterus shortly before you O. But might still be good to get at least 1 BDing session in before, that's what we're planning:winkwink:

Most women dont use dpo they use dpiui... So today im 2 dpiui..
Kat i triggered cd10 and had iui cd12 .. Thats fairly normal.. I also felt like there was a lot more going on then what i ended up with.. Remember that eggs under 17mm typically dont mature enough to O

Kat i triggered cd10 and had iui cd12 .. Thats fairly normal.. I also felt like there was a lot more going on then what i ended up with.. Remember that eggs under 17mm typically dont mature enough to O

Ok we'll see. As long as I have 1-2 eggs in there I'm sure it'll be fine:flower: I'll let everyone know tomorrow. But I doubt she'll give me any sizes since she didn't at the 1st U/S, she'll just tell me how many eggs they think will mature for the IUI.

Did you ask? The first time i didnt ask and they didnt tell.. But when i asked at the second appt they told me no issues

Ok we'll see. As long as I have 1-2 eggs in there I'm sure it'll be fine:flower: I'll let everyone know tomorrow. But I doubt she'll give me any sizes since she didn't at the 1st U/S, she'll just tell me how many eggs they think will mature for the IUI.

GL tomorrow - I hope things turn out great for you. :thumbup: I would imagine that if they didn't tell you the size(s) tomorrow and you asked thereafter, that they would tell you. fx'ed for you :thumbup:

OK I'll try asking but it's probably because they don't think it'll mean much to me:wacko:

To be continued...... tomorrow:happydance:

Yes, where assisted with iui, women would use dpiui, you're right. I can say the same as you as we both had our iui on the same day - I'm 2dpiui...I'm practicing with the terminology :winkwink:

How's things going for you? Are you having any symptoms?

Nope. Started progesterone today lol that stuffs a mess.. Wasnt bad most of the day but towards the end i felt like i had wet my pants.
The trigger gave me brutal nausea.. Was throwing up tues am pre iui.. And have felt like ive been nauseous / had acid reflux ever since.
I also started taking baby aspirin last night..

How are you doing?

Doc appt went well today. I'm kinda nervous, excited and scared. We start IUI this cycle (and AF is due tomorrow). I'm totally confused on the timeline of when everything happens. It makes planning my work schedule really hard (I have a new job).

And I had an ultrasound and forgot to ask the dr the earliest a pregnancy can be seen on a vaginal ultrasound. I'm only 11DPO. Is there still any chance I could be PG? I kinda doubt it cause I feel AF-like cramps. I was just curious.

And I have no idea how I'll survive the TWW without testing. I'm a POAS addict! Like I've been known to test at 3DPO and even 3 times a day. I mean, like obsessive. I'm gonna try to relax, but it's so hard when we're putting in so much effort to increase our chances.

Nervous....

Lol you will have to drop poas if you are triggering.. Causes false positives.
I had monitoring cd7 and 10 then tiggered cd10 and had iui cd 12. I always knew my apots 48 hrs ahead.. My clinic was good about that and since i book my own clients i ould manage but it is tricky.

I think six weeks is the earliest you can see anything on us. Its still possible but if af is due tomorrow and you are bfn then i think af will be your first indicator.

Im testing out my trigger shot.. But knowing it gives false positives ive never actually bern urged to poas to know if i was bfp because i always will be for a bit.. Even though its false!

Lol you will have to drop poas if you are triggering.. Causes false positives.
I had monitoring cd7 and 10 then tiggered cd10 and had iui cd 12. I always knew my apots 48 hrs ahead.. My clinic was good about that and since i book my own clients i ould manage but it is tricky.

I think six weeks is the earliest you can see anything on us. Its still possible but if af is due tomorrow and you are bfn then i think af will be your first indicator.

Im testing out my trigger shot.. But knowing it gives false positives ive never actually bern urged to poas to know if i was bfp because i always will be for a bit.. Even though its false!

Thanks so much for the info. I know, I think giving up my POAS addiction will be the hardest part...and the waiting. But you're right. Who wants false positives.

I sort of feel like AF is coming. Boo. But I'm excited to get started on this new "journey" as my doc calls it.

Well like i said im testing out my trigger.. So the day after trigger i poas to get my darkest then every 2-3 days im going to poas until my hpts are negative again. That way ill know that when i poas at 14dpiui, it would be trye if i was lucky enough to get a bfp! By the time your trigger fades you would only have a few days to wait. But give up the every day.. Go to every 2-3 so you can actually notice a fade

Well like i said im testing out my trigger.. So the day after trigger i poas to get my darkest then every 2-3 days im going to poas until my hpts are negative again. That way ill know that when i poas at 14dpiui, it would be trye if i was lucky enough to get a bfp! By the time your trigger fades you would only have a few days to wait. But give up the every day.. Go to every 2-3 so you can actually notice a fade

Thanks Mississippi. It's reassuring to know I don't have to throw away my HPT's all together. Thanks for the info.

Nope. Started progesterone today lol that stuffs a mess.. Wasnt bad most of the day but towards the end i felt like i had wet my pants.
The trigger gave me brutal nausea.. Was throwing up tues am pre iui.. And have felt like ive been nauseous / had acid reflux ever since.

How are you doing?

I have not been given anything else to take post IUI. Does your clinic suggest that you take progesterone? I still have so much to learn - why take baby aspirin?

I've had cramping and backache on the night of the iui and slight cramping and backache since, but it's not constant. I've had a bit of watery cm and then creamy cm (sorry if tmi) yesterday. I'm not sure what that means as it looks like cm can be quite different for each woman.
I hope the nausea eases for you.

So just got back from the clinic and there are 2 eggs in my left ovary (no wonder that side bothered me most):happydance: I didn't ask her the sizes as she wasn't very friendly and I'm a bit shy but she said I'm ready to have my IUI on Monday and need to inject myself late Saturday night with Ovitrelle and the IUI will be Monday morning at 11:30 AM:thumbup:

The only bummer is I think some of my shots must of gone wrong because she said I had a good amount left in the ampule:wacko: I just don't get what could've gone wrong because I followed the instructions to the letter:shrug: So I need to give myself Puregon 50 IU tonight.

So just got back from the clinic and there are 2 eggs in my left ovary (no wonder that side bothered me most):happydance: I didn't ask her the sizes as she wasn't very friendly and I'm a bit shy but she said I'm ready to have my IUI on Monday and need to inject myself late Saturday night with Ovitrelle and the IUI will be Monday morning at 11:30 AM:thumbup:

The only bummer is I think some of my shots must of gone wrong because she said I had a good amount left in the ampule:wacko: I just don't get what could've gone wrong because I followed the instructions to the letter:shrug: So I need to give myself Puregon 50 IU tonight.

Hi KatO79,

That's great news for you this morning.

Let's hope this is your month, fx'ed for you for a :bfp:

How are you doing?

I have not been given anything else to take post IUI. Does your clinic suggest that you take progesterone? I still have so much to learn - why take baby aspirin?

I've had cramping and backache on the night of the iui and slight cramping and backache since, but it's not constant. I've had a bit of watery cm and then creamy cm (sorry if tmi) yesterday. I'm not sure what that means as it looks like cm can be quite different for each woman.
I hope the nausea eases for you.

Yes they prescribed progesterone.. It is optional though. But its the hormone that sustains pregnancy. The sac takes it over by week 12.. But with a lot of iui or ivf the prescribe it until week 12. Im taking endometrin and its a mess lol.. Feels like ive wet my pants and when i go to the bathroom it looks like hand lotion.. Theres oral ones to and oil shots.. But i guess the vaginal supps ate most effective.

Baby aspirin was recommended by someone on here.. Its in some protocals for ivf. It helps draw blood to the uterus to improve circulation and because it thins blood it can help with preventing miscarriage.. Some say to start it after Iui.. Some say to take it all cycle because it improves egg quality.

Also coq10.. Helps with egg quality and cell development

Thanks for the info mississippi~, it's nice to know what's out there to help things along. :thumbup:

So had my IUI done today:flower: It went pretty well except that it hurt a bit as she put the tube in:wacko: My 2 eggs looked good:thumbup: So we'll see but I'll be extremely happy if just 1 of them turns out to be my super sticky bean:happydance: She gave me an HPT and said to use it in 16 days and call them with the answer.

If it turns out to be a BFN, they want to up my Puregon dose a bit:flower:

The only bad thing today was DH's back went out shortly after he "made" the sample so I had to hurry up and get dressed so I could deliver it myself this morning at 7:45 AM (my IUI was 11:30 AM).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->