Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Thanks Hippie - we've talked about self-funding but the thing that puts me off is that I am obviously not responding well. The cost of ICSI, plus the cost of the amount of drugs I needed for this round alone would have been around £6000. If we knew that spending that amount would lead to a good chance then we wouldn't hesitate, but I think we have to be realistic.

Obviously we won't make any decision until we've spoken to the consultant - and of course, I'm still in with a chance with this little 2 dayer, so it's one step at a time. Just having a massive panicky blub today so that I can get it all out of my system and be ready to welcome my solo artiste tomorrow :thumbup:

Sophie - Im sorry youve not got the news you really would have wished... but this little embie could do this for you.... this could be your dream. Ive got my fingers arms, legs etc all crossed that this little one does the trick!!!

Donna - :hugs:

So yes.... ladies.... I got a :bfp: today. Im still spotting so feeling quite cautious but its there..... 2 lines..... I cannot honestly believe it!!!

Hope everyone else is OK and Ive got everything crossed for everyone xxxx :dust: :dust:

Wowsers, 2 :bfp: since I was last here :happydance::happydance::cloud9::thumbup: I'm over the moon for you both Traskey and Samba!! I will remember you both when I'm in the tww, whenever it will be. There is hope!

Sophie, take care of your little one - I hope the transfer goes well tomorrow. :hugs: If you do do this again for number 2, there is plenty to talk about with your doc and other protocols to try, so keep the faith hun.

Donna, lots of :hugs: , this must be a difficult time for you. Take time to reflect and enjoy the family you have xx

Hippie - hope you're ok and the 2ww isn't making you too :wacko: yet!

Wallie, do you have another scan this week? Hope it all goes well and you're onto part two, attack of the needles :flower:

Sorry if I've missed anyone, so much has happened here :headspin:

Hopefully I have taken my last Gonal F and will trigger tomorrow night fx for the scan tomorrow

PG - :wohoo: for your last shot..... Feels really strange doing the last one. Wishing you all the luck in the world xxxx :dust: Getting closer and closer xxxx

PG - Yup I really believe it too step by step.... :hugs:

Thanks ladies. Am eating pizza and watching Bridesmaids and feeling a bit cheered. Getting this all out of my system was necessary - essential - and I know that I'll be able to get my optimistic head back on tomorrow. I'm a big believer in properly giving in to my feelings - I need to explode in order to get some perspective, but apologies if I was being too negative. :hugs:

I remember Sophie with my first IVF I got a call from the embryologist to say none of our 6 eggs they retrieved fertilized. It was disappointing for sure but I wasn't devastated, well not when I just got told. That evening I got more and more upset to the point I couldn't even speak about it anymore.

OH and I went to the hospital the next day to chat with the consultant and the traffic was terrible and we were late, so I phoned in. Miraculously one egg fertilized by the next morning! I couldn't believe it, I was so happy. It was 4 cell by the time they transfered it on day 2.

You know that was the best thing that happened to me as if we had only one that fertilized straight away it wouldn't have been such a miracle to me.

Anyway it gave me hope and obviously it didn't work but I'm just telling you this as I know you've only got one embie but it is the best chance you'll get. There's nothing else you can do now but hope and pray! :hugs:

Wallie, what an inspiring story - helps put things into perspective. Thank you.

Sophie, if you can't be sad with us, where can you be? I think you've got a great attitude to all this. Take time to acknowledge what is happening and then move on - tomorrow's another day. Best of luck tomorrow, I'll have everything crossed (well maybe not when I'm with dildocam!) :dust:

Thanks PG - what time is your scan tomorrow by the way? Hoping all goes well and you get the go-ahead for collection!

My transfer is at 2pm - wish me luck!! :hugs:

Wallie, your story is so inspirational, thank you so much. :hugs: Really hoping that things all work out for you this time.

Right, I'm going to try to get some sleep soon I think. Thanks for being here and letting me wail and tear my hair out!

Sophie - I defo think that you should show your feelings :hugs: :hugs: BEST OF LUCK for you 2pm tomorrow xxxx

Wallie - :hugs: What an amazing story xxxx

Scan's at 8.30 - I won't miss the early mornings at the hospital :happydance:

Very best of luck at 2 Sophie I'll think of you when I'm running around with the world's longest to do list!

wallie - And youre stimming on friday!!! Its getting HOT IN HERE!!! xxxx

Yes first one will be 10pm Friday night!

Donna, you are entitled to a consultation after each cycle so call and ask for one. I'm hoping it may give you some answers. I know how hard it is to have it fail and it's devastating. :hugs:

Sophie, i'm sorry that you are disappointed and we are all hear for all of you when you need to vent. You are right though, have some optimism for the embie you have. As they say, it only takes one!

Wallie, thanks for sharing your story with us. Stimming on Friday :wohoo:

Hippie, how are you doing?

PG, yipee for the final shot :D It's the exciting/worrying stage.

And a massive congratulations to SAMBA on her :bfp::wohoo:

I am so super duper pleased for you :hugs:

I just cant wait for some more FABULOUS bump buddies!!!! COME ON EGGIES, SPERMIES, EMBIES!!! GROW GROW GROW!!!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->