Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Hippie, my OHSS exploded about 12 hours after egg collection. Do call the on call doc tomorrow and just let them know or call the clinic Monday. Mine didn't do anthing other than check on me over the phone but they do like to know.

Look after yourself and be careful getting up to the bathroom :hug:

Yay Sophie for trigger being done. Enjoy your lie in :wohoo:

Sophie - yayyyy or trigger!

Hippie - hopefully now ec is done the symptoms will start to fade. X x x x

Sophie, good luck tomorrow, I hope the snow doesn't get in the way :dust:

Hippie, I hope you're feeling better today, good luck for your transfer :hugs:

AFM, looking forward to the third instalment of 'the epic tale of the fluid in the tube' by D.R. Ultrasound! Hopefully I'll find out when EC will be tomorrow, fx.

:hugs: to everyone xx

Sophie, PG, good luck with your hospital visits tomorrow.

Hippie, hope you are doing ok with the OHSS and it's easing a little.

Samba, hang in there with the 2WW :hugs:

Wallie, Mazak, how are you?

:hug: for anyone I have missed.

Hi Everyone :hi:

Hippie - Hope youre ok xxx

PG - Good luck for tomorrow!!! Hope youre going in very soon!!!

Hope everyone else is doing OK and staying sane xxxx

Thanks guys - having a bit of a low day today, finding it difficult to feel positive for some reason. I can never find a balance - I'm either hopelessly excited and positive or completely depressed and pessimistic about the whole thing. Will just be glad when tomorrow is over, can't pretend that some of this isn't down to nerves about the procedure.

Good news is it looks like the trains are running OK at the moment and at least our late morning appointment means that we won't have to travel at rush hour, so with a bit of luck we'll be OK.

Hippie - hope you're feeling OK today. Best of luck tomorrow - hoping you get good news from the clinic on your embies :hugs:

PG - good luck for your scan tomorrow, here's to a Wednesday collection date for you! :thumbup:

Hope our ladies in the 2WW are doing OK and not going too mad - test date gradually getting closer!

Sophie - It really is such a rollercoaster :hugs: Wouldnt it be better if we could hibernate until our babies are in our arms!!

Hello, haven't posted today as I've been feeling pretty much like you Sophie :cry:. I am terrified that they will ring tomorrow and tell me that the embryos are all gone, or that they all look tatty, or that they look ok and go ahead with the transfer and then they won't stick. It would be SO shit to have gone all this way for a bfn!!!
Just waiting 2 days to know how the embryos are doing is driving me bokers, I don't think I'll manage too well in the 2WW.:help:
I had a chat with the DH about it and he said 'well, if it doesn't work we'll try again'. I guess that's the way we'll both have to look at it, but still...](*,)](*,)

As for the OHSS I'm feeling a fair bit better today thanks. Only like I've been kicked in the groin as opposed as having been kicked all over my body! Got a back massage from DH this morning which helped a lot, shame the place where I get the Thai massages isn't open on Sundays.

We really need some good news tomorrow PG and Sophie, I'll be thinking about you lots.

:hi: everyone else and thank you for the constant support and for just being there :hugs:

Hi all, just wanted to give the news that HIPPIE IS PUPO!!! :wohoo::yipee::happydance:
The embryologist rang this morning to let me know that 2 embies had stopped growing :cry: but 2 were still going strong :thumbup: so just had to run in and had those 2 little fellas put back where they belong.
It was all a bit dramatic this morning as I woke up with cramping so bad I was screaming with pain, still necked a couple of paracetamol and went in. Drinking all that water DID NOT help but once they scanned me they said that though my ovaries were still very large, there was no dodgy fluid. So it sounds like the pain was due to internal bruising rather than OHSS :happydance: and we were good to go ahead with ET.
So that's all of us who have had ET so far with 2 put back in!
One of the embies was 4 cells and the other a whopping 7 cells so hopefully we'll get a baby out of it, though I'm not hopeful there will be more than 1.
Hope everyone is doing well and can't wait to hear from various peeps having scans xx

Woo hoo!! Hippie's PUPO with twins :dance::wohoo:
Congrats Hippie - have as relaxing a 2WW as possible. When is your OTD?

Collection procedure went OK, but they were only able to get 4 eggs. I know this doesn't give us great odds, but I suppose it only takes one. The embryologist wasn't able to say if they were all mature - they'll find out when they do ICSI on them later - but she thought that at least 3 of them probably were, given the size of the follicles.

So now it's just the wait until the call tomorrow when I find out how many have been fertilised. They are hoping to go for a day 5 blast transfer, but talked about the possibility of day 2 or 3 , so I guess we'll just see what happens.

Not feeling particularly joyous, but we'll see what happens :hugs:

Hope everyone else is well!

Sophie :wohoo: for EC!
If you're using fresh :spermy: you will probably get more than one, I will keep everything crossed for you.
My OTD is Thursday 23rd which is 18 days!!!!! I don't think I will wait THAT long, come on, that's more like a 3WW? Thinking of testing on the 18th and 19th. The 19th would have been my granny's birthday so I think it would be lucky :winkwink: x

Thanks Hippie - the embryologist was hopeful that at least 3 would fertilise and maybe even all 4, but it will I guess depend on quality and all that. Hubby's sperm numbers were a little better this time, so it will be an easy ICSI according to the embryologist. We had been hoping for a few more eggies of course, but we can't change the number we have so just got to hope that they will do the job.

Feeling quite sore and bleeding a bit. Very glad I've already taken tomorrow off as sick leave - will see how I go as to whether I go back on Wednesday. Hobbling about like an old woman at the mo :haha:

23rd Feb seems way too far away - I don't blame you for testing early. And I'm all for good omens like your granny's birthday. I've already decided that if we do get to the next stage, I'll be testing on 21st Feb as it is the anniversary of our first date (11 years ago!) - that has to be lucky too, right?

:hugs:

HIPPIE - CONGRATS PUPO PRINCESS!!! Sending you LOADS of LUCK, PATIENCE & SANITY!! xxxx

Soph - Wishing you little guys loads of luck with fertilisation xxxx Will be keeping everything crossed that they all do well for you xxxx Looking forward to fert report tomorrow xxxx

AFM.... :bfn: again this morning... and this one hurt :( so I will not be testing tomorrow.... not sure when I will test next. Tbh I didnt realise that this would be so hard. :cry: xxxx

Trask - How are you getting on??

Hope everyone else is OK xxxx

Wowsers Hippie, PUPO with twins wahay!!! That's such good news :dust: Did they just call you in the morning and you had to go straight in? Stressful, but it's good to have them where they belong.

Sophie, fx for the fertilisation report -you should get a few embies from those eggs :dust: You're right about quality not quantity, so if they were juicy and your DH was also ok, then things are looking good! I know what you and Hippie mean about being up one day and down the next - this is so much tougher than I imagined and I haven't even got as far as you yet!

Samba I remember the :bfn: feeling from all those years ttc, even knowing half the time that it would be a miracle if it was anything else. But the pressure is on now. Be kind to yourself and take it easy hon :hugs: Hope the next one has the right answer.

AFM, these eggs seem to be taking forever to grow, but it looks like we're on for EC on Friday. I'm so ready for that now, just want to get on with it! Could any of you tell me when ET is likely to be, or could it be any time from Monday onwards? Organising work is a nightmare with all these delays. I asked when they would make a decision about whether we would do ET and the nurse didn't have a clue, which was helpful. It just says in my notes to counsel me about the possibility that we would have to freeze any embies - still waiting to actually sit down and have that conversation (the nurse today just read me what my notes said, um thanks).

PS 25th Feb is my sister's birthday, so I'm all over the good omen dates for testing. We have defo missed Feb 14th which is our unofficial 10th anniversary (getting together was such an epic saga we don't have a first date or anything!!).

PG - Thanks hun xxxx Soooo Collection FRIDAY!!! :wohoo: See its quality egg growing there :winkwink: If you collect on a friday its a Sunday, Monday or Wednesday transfer depending on how many you have and the quality. My clinic only goes to 5 day blasto if you have more than 4 eggs :hugs: and LUCK!!!! :dust:

Thanks Samba, looks like I can do my Tuesday meeting then. Think my clinic only does blasto for 5 embies or more, but they may even just freeze them on day 2, who knows :shrug: I think I'll read myself the story of the hare and the tortoise tonight!

PG, like Samba says, EC Friday = ET Sunday, Monday or Wednesday. You will also be exactly 1 week after me! :thumbup:
My clinic told me if only 2 fertilise it would be Sunday, if more than 2 fertilise they would look at them on Monday morning and if 3 or more were still growing they would wait till Wednesday. Unfortunately 2 stopped growing so they decided to pop the remaining 2 back in, but then much has been said about 3dt vs 5dt and it doesn't seem like the 3dt will be any worse, or vice versa. I'm also glad that it happened on Monday as now I have 4 days of working from home till the end of the week and the week-end to rest on the sofa or in bed before I go back to work. It would have been more awkward if I'd had to go into work today & tomorrow, especially since I was in agony this morning so it would have been a sickie :nope:

Sophie I have a good feeling for your eggies!
Methinks you will get some top ones there. Numbers count for nothing, look at me, I had 17 eggs and only ended up with 2 embryos by the skin of my teeth!

Samba, stop torturing yourself! It's waaay too early to worry. Give it till the week-end at least honey. Like PG says, we all know the feeling of looking at that bfn after years of TTC, go out for coffees with friends, go to the cinema, read a book... anything to keep your mind off it :hugs:

Oh and PG it's my sister's birthday on the 26th, the day after your sister, funny!

:dust: and :hugs: to all xx

Samba - just want to echo what the other ladies have said, don't be down-heartened yet. POAS is a form of torture we inflict on ourselves. I remember the feeling all too well and am sending you mega cyber :hugs:

Thanks everyone for the positive words on the egg numbers. I guess I wanted more for the whole margin of error thing - plus I was feeling a bit low after the whole experience of egg collection anyway (see my journal for details - it wasn't the most stress-free experience).

Can I ask those ladies who have been through the procedure - did you have much bleeding afterwards? I still seem to be bleeding a bit. I thought it was tailing off, but still bright red when I wipe which is worrying me a bit. Not in too much pain (haven't taken any pain killers since getting home) and I'm inclined to leave it until the morning and if it is still happening then call the clinic. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->