Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

PG - DH and I went sale shopping today and I only looked at clothes that I could get fat in... I also said that it was ashame that we couldnt shop now for a little one and he said that we should got to mothercare and get some bits in the sale.... but that was a step too far. Its nice he believes we'll do it but it was too much. We havent told anyone about our IVF simply because I dont know how I;d face telling them if we fail.... however on the flip side... youre going to have the support there :bfp: or :bfn: iygwim.

Hope you manage cheer up xxxx :hugs:

AFM.... Ive been EVERYTHING I cant go whilst duffers... Brie, camenbert, Goats cheese and :wine: :thumbup: Im trying to enjoy myself to help the days go by and hopefully having sometime that is just DH and I without children that we will not be able to have come this time next year.

Just waiting my withdrawl bleed now.

Hope youre all well xxxx

It's always a difficult decision, whether to tell people or not about the ivf. We told my parents, as they were looking after our dogs when we had appointments. As some were only, and we were leaving at 6am, they'd have them overnight so we were honest about where we were going and why. Didn't tell anyone else though, apart from my best friend and here of course.

Hope you are enjoying the festive season!

well, slept on it now and am glad it's out in the open. Good to know people are rooting for us. We're much more likely to get the space we need this way too. Tbh with my history it's not exactly a surprise for anyone and now we don't need to pretend all is fine when it's not. We're crap liers anyway. Thanks for listening!
Sambatiki glad you enjoyed indulging this Xmas, have to admit to a couple of sherbets myself, I'll miss those cocktails in the NY - bring it on!!

Hey all, hope everyone is well and had a good xmas!

It is difficult to know what to do about telling people- in the end we told quite a few. My immediate family (mum, dad, sister and their OH's) all know, plus a couple of close friends and some key people at work. The way we decided who to tell was that if we would have told them about an early days pregnancy then we were probably comfortable with them knowing about the IVF. The majority of those who know will be supportive, whatever the outcome. Hubby's family don't know though, which is a bit weird - but that was his decision (more to do with his relationship with them than not wanting to tell people I think). It felt right for me to tell the people I did - I think as long as you feel happy with the decision then it's the right one. The weight of expectation is hard though, I must admit - although I'm really only getting that from my dad, which is more about his terminal illness than anything else I think.

Anyway, how's it all going? Good to hear people enjoyed themselves over the festive period. It's hubby's birthday today and it felt quite sad just having a water in the restaurant, but all for a good cause. I did discover that I was also supposed to have stopped running whilst stimming (oops) but only managed to get out for a run a couple of times since I started and reckon I found out early enough to have not caused any damage. :dohh:

So other than all that, the stimming seems to be going well. Have done 5 days now and so far so good I think - no probs as far as I can tell anyway. Looking forward to the scan next week - feeling twinges, so hopefully it is doing what it's supposed to... I've got a slightly raised FSH level (10.1) so I'm on a high dose of the stimms (300iu) and there's a chance I won't respond, but as I say I'm feeling twinges so I reckon something's going on!

Catch you all soon :hugs:

Sophie, twinges are a good sign so fingers crossed that your ovaries and eggs are doing their thing!

Hope everyone else is ok! I am just waiting on the dr :witch: to show her face now.

Hi Ladies!!!

Im still waiting on the :witch: and starting to get a bit worried as I have now been sniffing for 13 days.... and nothing :shrug: Other than that all ok... getting some hot flushes and feeling rather :muaha:

Sophie - All sounds good on your front and esp as youre getting some twinges!!! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for your next appointment xxx

PG - Glad you came to a decision that youre happy with and its always nice to know that you have people in RL truely rooting for you :hugs: Enjoy your last kiddie free NYE!!! :wohoo:

Trask - Hope that the cow bag arrives soon.

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying the holidays xxx

Hello ladies, good to see that things seem to be on track for everyone. Sophie it all sounds positive, hope you're sitting on lots of eggies. Sambatiki and Traskey, funny to be wanting the old bat to turn up - hope she comes soon so you can start part two. Hippie, not long now! Wallie, I hope you're ok?

I've just got a UTI, a bit annoying but the nurse at the unit didn't bat an eyelid. Been given antibiotics which can't hurt seeing as they're going to give them to me before collection anyway. Nothing's ever simple with me! Well that's sealed the deal for a booze-free Hogmanay. Seeing as my hangovers last for days and I start injections on 2nd it's just as well!

Going to plagiarise from Sambatiki - hope you all have a fantastic Hogmanay, the last child-free one for a long time. This is going to be our year! Hope next year brings you all peace and happiness (but not too much of the peace bit, babies can't half make a racket!). :hugs:

Hello all - Happy New Year!!

Just popping on to wish PGLady a massive GOOD LUCK with starting DR tomorrow and Hippie a massive GOOD LUCK with starting DR on Tuesday! :happydance:
Hope it goes well for you both - have you decided on when you'll do your injections?

Samba - any sign of the old bag yet? How is the whole DR process going for you - the hot flushes are weird aren't they?

Traskey & Wallie - hope you are both doing OK too... :hugs:

I've got my stim scan tomorrow, so quite excited about that. Really hoping that my ovaries are nice and ready - it certainly feels like things are happening. Will let you know what the news is tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed - this time next week I could be in the 2ww!

PG lady, happy downregging today and Hippie for the day after :dance:

Sophie, good luck with your stimming scan today. Hope it's great news and you'll soon be triggering.

Sambaand Wallie, hope all is going well with you.

AFM, witch finally turned up late but she's here so now we wait until the 10th for the down reg scan.

Good luck today Sophie, I hope it's good news :happydance: Good to hear you're back on track Traskey. Hippie, good luck tomorrow, it isn't that bad, promise!

Took my first DR injection today, was fine, not worth the sleepless night worrying about it! Had a bit of bleeding at the injection site, can I ask if that's normal?

:hugs: to everyone, hope you all enjoyed Hogmanay and are ready to go back to work :nope:

Hi Ladies,

Finally had my AF... and its not been a pleasant experience :cry: Luckily it was ok for NYE but yesterday was horrid. Hey-ho... its all for a good cause. Just waiting it out now until the 10th :shock: which I thought was ages away... but it really isnt is it??!!!

Sophie - Look forward to hearing your results and fingers crossed you'll be triggering soon!! :dust:

PG - Glad it all went well!!! :yipee: Hope someone can help about the bleed xxx

Trask - 8 days to go!!!! :wohoo:

Hippie - Hope all goes well tomorrow

Wallie - Hope youre well xxx

Hi ladies

PGLady - I find I bleed occasionally after a jab, though more often than not I don't. I don't think it is an issue, but you can always give your clinic a quick call tomorrow to see what they say. Glad it went well other than that.

I'm afraid my day has not been so good. The scan only found 2 follicles (one on each ovary), which is a bit worrying. Poor response was always a danger as my FSH level is a little high and they put me on a strong dose of the stims to start with. They've now upped my dose to 450ui, which I think is the maximum, and I go back in on Wednesday for another scan.

It's a shame because when I went in for my first scan before all the treatment I had 11 follicles, so I was hoping for a few more. I guess we'll see what happens when I go back in on Wednesday, but feeling quite deflated by it to be honest. :cry:
I guess I just got myself too excited, so have been crushed by the weight of my own expectations. Bleurgh.

Oh well, will keep you posted anyway. xx

:hugs: Im so sorry it didnt go as well as expected :hugs: I really hope that this push with some extra stimms will do the trick :hugs: Fingers crossed for a few more :dust: :dust: :dust:

Lots of love and luck :hugs: :hugs:

Oh Sophie:hugs: Please remember (and I know it's a cliche but it happens to be true), it really does only take one, and with a few extra stims you never know. You may be a quality over quantity girl, and there's nothing wrong with that. :hugs:

:hugs: thanks guys - you are right of course, but it can be very easy to lose perspective in this whole process can't it?

Right, I'm just going to cry it out today and get it out of my system and get my positive head on for Wednesday. :hugs:

I think thats a good plan hun xxx :hugs:

Lots of follie growing :dust: xx

:hugs: thanks guys - you are right of course, but it can be very easy to lose perspective in this whole process can't it?

Right, I'm just going to cry it out today and get it out of my system and get my positive head on for Wednesday. :hugs:

Good idea, have a good wallow, tomorrow's another day :hugs: You will get through this xx

Pglady. I would bleed a little on some of the injections. I found the Menopur stung when I injected but neither were too bad. If you bleed a lot, or every time you could call the clinic.

Sophie, I'm sorry you only had two follies. I hope that the extra few days of stimming will help with sizing. Is it two in total,or just two the correct size?

Samba, sorry it's been a bad witch :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't the best of scans for you Sophee. I've now come to the point where I'm open minded for the worst to happen, then that way it won't hurt as much.

I think I was on 400 mui of menopur last cycle, the highest I thought, and I stimmed for around 12 days. Before that I was on a lower dose and it was gonal-f and I only stimmed for 9 days. They may just have to stim you for longer than others to get a decent amount of eggs.

Good luck to everyone else (sorry there are so many of us I've lost track already!).

I've been feeling pretty down, a mixture of a shit 2011 and can't believe I'm about to embark on IVF3 starting next Wednesday! Ho hum...

Hello all, and a big HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! I agree, 2012 will be the year of the baby, not the year of the needle! Also thanks for all your messages of encouragement. I had my down reg appointment this morning and it wasn't too bad, only that after all that I freaked out at having to look at the needle going in & turns out I'm not gonna be able to do it myself after all :wacko:
My poor hubby is now nurse in charge and he seems to be relishing the role. I'm just annoyed with myself about not being able to do it but I can't cope with looking at needles going in! Silly, but it's one of those things you just have to laugh about.
I'm on Buserelin 0.25 and due to go in for bloods on the 17th, when I'll be told when to start the stims (Gonal F, 225).
I've not yet beem given the dates for collection but I'm guessing it will be around the 1st week in February.
PG, sory to hear you had a bit of bleeding, I guess it just depends on how thin your skin is. I'm very lucky as I've got very thick skin (never bruise either!) but found the Buserelin to be SO itchy! I wanted to scratch so badly, but the nurse told me not to as it will only make it worse. Also got some redness but I guess that's nothing out of the ordinary :shrug:
Traskey, good luck with your scan on 10/01 x
Wallie, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down but really, I'm sure it's 3rd time lucky! Also don't ever apologise for feeling sorry for yourself, I think we're all perfectly within our rights to do that.
Same for Sophie: cry and shout it you need to honey, but yay about Wednesday, it REALLY is soon! :hugs:
Samba: as above: there seems to be a lot going on on the 10th for us lot, definitely a good omen :thumbup:. Good luck & keep us posted about how you get on.
Lots of :dust: to all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"