Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

being in the UK and having to rely on the NHS, which though is a godsend, is by no means a quick solution...

I agree it's a long process with NHS... I had sooo many wasted appt's when results weren't back and once they didn't even know why i'd been given an appt!!! grrrrr

Hello to all and happy week-end, hope you're all well. For me it appears that the Buserelin side effects have well and truly kicked in, I'm not sleeping well, always tired and worst of all, so snappy/ angry and tearful it's unreal... Just as I feared would happen. :cry: I can get it pretty bad with PMS alone so was totally dreading this. The prospect of this going on for another 3 weeks is NOT good, I wonder how I'm gonna be able to cope. Anyway, at least work keeps me busy during the week.
Sorry to have a moan, like I said, hope it's better news for the rest of you and that it'd flippin' better be worth it!! xx

Sunny - :hi: Are you joining us???

Hippie - Im sorry youre feeling rubbish :hugs: Are you also getting the hot sweats at night and the flushes through the day? Im feeling quite EMO... although I found once I had my withdrawl bleed by PMT did really improve.

Thanks for that Samba, I hope it does improve once withdrawal AF turns up! I've been waking up all sweaty at night and having mental dreams similar to what happened when I was on Fluoxetine (anti-depressants), but touch wood no sweats yet during the day. Only been injecting for 4 days though so I'm sure there's still a chance of that happening. I'd gladly swap the mood swings with sweats though! ](*,)
I'm just gonna try and take one day at the time and not do anything I don't want to do, which is only gonna put me in an even worse mood.

On a different note, I just wanted to thank everyone for being so great. I've tried a different forum which is moderated and this means that they only allow one thread for IVF/ ICSI for this period. This also means that it's so full of people they don't really need any more, I posted about 4 days ago and no one said a word to me, so you guys rock. Makes me really appreciate how great you all are. There you go, full on evidence of mood swings. Might go for a little cry now, LOL xx

Hi everyone :flower:

I'm sitting around waiting for my next drug delivery - not the most fun way to spend a Saturday morning, but there you go.

Hippie, so sorry to hear that the buserelin side effects have kicked in so badly for you. I got really tearful as well, and the exhaustion was unreal. I am getting a feeling that it is on its way back as well as I was so tired last night I went to bed at 9am (rock and roll!). As long as you know you can always come on here and moan and rant away to your heart's content :hugs:
Also, I know 3 weeks seems like a long time right now, but a couple of days into taking the stimms those symptoms will start to fade, honestly - and that is already just 2 weeks away. I hope time starts to go quickly for you. It will be worth it as well!

I'm on the look out for the :witch: again and hoping she shows her ugly mug before the 18th. I must admit that I am obsessing A LOT over the whole poor response thing, so I know that time is probably going to drag for me until I get to that first stim scan, which is probably at least 4 weeks away. Sigh. I keep replaying the conversation with the consultant before we started, when he said that people generally don't respond any better on a higher dose than 300ui of Gonal-F - but then I suppose they wouldn't try if it were totally hopeless. I dunno. I guess I'll just keep pumping my poor body full of hormones and hope that my ovaries remember to do what they are supposed to! :wacko:

Hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend. Lots of love and :hugs: and :dust: for next week for Wallie, Traskey and Samba - exciting week ahead for you guys!

9am? I went to bed at 9pm of course :haha:

Forgot to say welcome to Sunny :flower:

Hippie - I was on Fertility Friends for the Oxford but its NO way as friendly as it is here. We're VERY spoilt here with all the lovely people. :cloud9: I was also on Fluoxetine when my father passed away some years ago :hugs: :hugs: When I mentioned that the PMT had calmed down.... think I spoke to soon.... I have pretty much shouted at DH today for everything... and he's winding me up whatever he does :haha:

Sophie - God to know that the stimms help to lift the mood. Sending SUPER :hugs: it most be so hard not to worry about the results of the last stim :hugs: Once the drug man has delivered why not take yourself off and do something you enjoy.... OR go out and have a few drinks.

OOoh I also forget to share with you my lucky Eggy IVF Mascot

https://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e328/sambatiki/temporary-14.jpg

Meet Derek Eggward Von Trapp Smythson!! xxx

Samba: Derek Eggward Von Trapp Smythson is very cool!
Sophie: thanks for letting me know that the stims take the edge off the side effects, that really is reassuring :thumbup:
I've been given all the drugs already including the trigger shot. Gonal F will be 225, is this what they normally start you on the first time, with a view to increase the dose if needed?

In other news, you'll all be very proud to hear that I've finally managed to stab myself just now for the very first time! :happydance:
Yesterday evening the DH got a vein which drew blood & I've now got a bruise, so I thought what the heck, I couldn't possibly do worse myself, surely?
Also he seemed to be enjoying giving me the injection too much which was starting to freak me out slightly, haha.

Off for a curry now, hope you all have a good night xx

Hippie - YAYYYY CONGRATS BRAVE GIRL!!!! :yipee: :yipee:

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend!

Had my (fingers crossed) last drink for a very long time yesterday, so feeling a little bit headachy today :haha:

Grrr, just wrote a long reply and my computer died!

:happydance: Hippie, well done! Your DH did what I did 1st time, but it got better from there. As far as stim meds are concerned, 1st time round it's an educated guess based on your estimated ovarian reserve, so it depends on you. I totally agree with you about the people on here, it's so good to have ppl to turn to who really understand. :hugs:

Samba, your mascot is aces! My DH is called Derek, so maybe he can be mine..

Sophie, this has really been a roller coaster for you, hasn't it. Hang on in there hon. This three weeks of dr seems to be going so slowly for me, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. :flower: I'm surprised your consultant wasn't more supportive, you're not alone xx

:hi: sunny, welcome

Traskey and Wallie, hope things are ok with you

Not a lot to report from me. Still exhausted, beginning to think that's the drugs now, esp given the weird dreams I had last night. It all seems to be going so slowly, so I'm trying to stay busy, cleaning and generally sorting my s**t out. Staying sane is a constant battle, I seem to go from optimism to pessimism at the drop of a hat. Ruddy hormones! It will be worth it in the end (repeat ad infinitum..).

Enjoy your Sundays, try to do something nice :flower:

Ps come on:witch: you old bat, give me, Sophie and Hippie a break!

Evening Ladies!!!

YIKES!!!! Appointment tomorrow!!!!! :wohoo: :yipee: :shock: :argh: :rain:

Feeling very mixed about tomorrow...... and it also feels like a REALLY long time until I know whether Im going to be a mother this year..... OMG!!!

Hope everyone else is OK!!!

Trask - Hope to see you in the corridor tomorrow :dust: GOOD LUCK!!!

Any signs of the witch for anyone???

:dust: GOOD LUCK for tomorrow Samba! :dust:

Hope the appt goes really well and you get the go ahead to start stimming :happydance:

No witchy signs for me yet - in fact I thought I detected some ewcm yesterday, which was a bit weird - could be from one of my two slow-growing follicles I suppose... Anyway, still some time before I start panicking :wacko:

Hope everyone else is well :flower:

Good luck tomorrow Samba and Trask, hope you get the go ahead for phase two and all is hunky dory :dust:

No sign of the old bag, will officially be late tomorrow. If it's common to be late on buserelin, why does a teeny part of me still secretly hope that I'm preggers even if that's so very unlikely (the RE gave us odds of one in a million ages ago). Stupid brain! At least there is actually some possibility of that this month :loopy: It's official, I'm finally becoming hormonal, oh dear!

PG - yes I think its VERY common to be a bit late.... wasn't I a little late in the end?? I cant remember :shrug: Hope that you get a visit very soon.... It seems like ages waiting for her to turn up!

Sophie - EWCM.... whats that all about??? Hope you also get AF soon xxxx

Im working late tomorrow to compensate for going in late so will update you all as soon as I can xxxx

Good luck today Wallie. Any news Sambatiki and Traskey?
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"