Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't the best of scans for you Sophee. I've now come to the point where I'm open minded for the worst to happen, then that way it won't hurt as much.

I think I was on 400 mui of menopur last cycle, the highest I thought, and I stimmed for around 12 days. Before that I was on a lower dose and it was gonal-f and I only stimmed for 9 days. They may just have to stim you for longer than others to get a decent amount of eggs.

Good luck to everyone else (sorry there are so many of us I've lost track already!).

I've been feeling pretty down, a mixture of a shit 2011 and can't believe I'm about to embark on IVF3 starting next Wednesday! Ho hum...

Hi Wallie, I guessed you weren't feeling too great as you've been a bit quiet. I hope you are able to hold on to a bit of hope, there is no reason that this one won't work. The horrible thing about statistics is that we could all roll a 6 first time, or it might take a few goes. So stay strong, you're in it so you might just win it! That's how I see it anyway, I'm hopeful (wouldn't be subjecting myself to this if I wasn't), but won't allow myself to get too excited until I see that blue line, if I see it. As for 2011, it's all gone now and 2012 is another story. :hugs:

Hello all, and a big HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! I agree, 2012 will be the year of the baby, not the year of the needle! Also thanks for all your messages of encouragement. I had my down reg appointment this morning and it wasn't too bad, only that after all that I freaked out at having to look at the needle going in & turns out I'm not gonna be able to do it myself after all :wacko:
My poor hubby is now nurse in charge and he seems to be relishing the role. I'm just annoyed with myself about not being able to do it but I can't cope with looking at needles going in! Silly, but it's one of those things you just have to laugh about.
I'm on Buserelin 0.25 and due to go in for bloods on the 17th, when I'll be told when to start the stims (Gonal F, 225).
I've not yet beem given the dates for collection but I'm guessing it will be around the 1st week in February.
PG, sory to hear you had a bit of bleeding, I guess it just depends on how thin your skin is. I'm very lucky as I've got very thick skin (never bruise either!) but found the Buserelin to be SO itchy! I wanted to scratch so badly, but the nurse told me not to as it will only make it worse. Also got some redness but I guess that's nothing out of the ordinary :shrug:
Traskey, good luck with your scan on 10/01 x
Wallie, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down but really, I'm sure it's 3rd time lucky! Also don't ever apologise for feeling sorry for yourself, I think we're all perfectly within our rights to do that.
Same for Sophie: cry and shout it you need to honey, but yay about Wednesday, it REALLY is soon! :hugs:
Samba: as above: there seems to be a lot going on on the 10th for us lot, definitely a good omen :thumbup:. Good luck & keep us posted about how you get on.
Lots of :dust: to all xxx

Glad it went well today, and you're on your way :happydance: I agree that watching the needle go in is the most difficult bit, weird! Might be good to get your DH involved, mine just stays asleep while I fiddle about, I'm a bit jealous of him not having to wake up at 7.30 on the holidays to stab himself. I assumed collection would be right at the end of Jan or beginning of Feb, I suppose it depends how it goes with the stims.

Good luck to everyone on 10th!

I think I might have spoken too soon about it going ok, shortly after my last post I started feeling really faint and pukey.. Bleurgh!
Has anyone else feel sick after taking Buserelin? Just wondering if it's an initial thing or will I be throwing up for the next 4 weeks?
I guess it's a good job I've been told to do it in the afternoon, at least hopefully this way I'll be able to cope with work! :help:
Hope everyone else is feeling better today and that those of you who are back in work are coping ok xx

Hippie, I can't say that that's happened to me yet, but I've been able to go back to sleep afterwards so far. Hope work's ok and the sickness doesn't last. I'm back in tomorrow, getting the end of holiday blues!

Just a quick one to wish you luck today Sophie.

Oooh, thanks for the good wishes everyone :hugs: So nervous about the scan today, am absolutely dreading it now. It's at 11.30 this morning, so I suppose at least I don't have to wait all day. Really, really hoping that some miracle has occurred and a few more follicles have started growing. We just get the one NHS round and not sure we can cover private costs, so this might be our only chance - it would be heartbreaking for it to end with a cancelled cycle :cry:

Right, pulling myself together. PMA PMA PMA!

One bonus is that I get a home working day out of it, which has taken the sting out of going back to work this week - I suppose I could have gone in after the scan, but I'm worried about it being more bad news and I was a bit of a wreck after the last one, so prob not the best plan to go in to work :wacko: I'm getting more Gonal-F delivered this afternoon now anyway, so that gives me a good excuse.

Hippie, I can't recall feeling sick after taking buserelin (I did get the itchy thing though). Hope it doesn't last too long.

OK, so there was bad news and not so bad news.

There are still only two follicles and they are both still on the small side, so the decision has been taken to cancel the cycle :cry:
However, my PCT only counts a full cycle from egg collection, so starting again at this stage is still covered by the NHS - not really sure why, as blatantly the drugs are the expensive bit of the whole thing, but I'm not going to complain!

So I'm down-regging again from today and will go in for my scan on 18th January, when hopefully I'll start stimming again - this time with 450ui of Gonal-F. They can't make any promises that I'll respond any better to the higher dose, but I suppose it is a chance. If I don't respond to this then I guess we have a big decision to make.

Feeling less gloomy than I was on Monday, but pretty bummed out about it all. Ho hum - at least I'll have you guys as cycle buddies still! :hugs:

I was going to say after your first post today if they do cancel it at this stage, you would be entitled to try again with the NHS.

I'm glad you're not too bummed. I think I would have cancelled it too if I only had two follicles. Oh well, best of luck for next try! :hugs:

Good luck for the next try Sophie! Not all bad news - we'll have our DR scans days apart, so you'll still have buddies here. :flower:

Sophie, i'm so sorry that you didn't get more follies but I am really pleased that you can try again on an stronger dose on the NHS. You may get a better response next time, let's hope so :dust:

I know you probably don't feel too great right now but i'm sending you :hugs:

Hippie, I didn't have Buserelin so can't help on the sickness. Sorry.

Good luck to all of us on the 10th. One week to go :dance:

Forgot to say, Wallie i'm sorry you are feeling so :( This journey is a tough one for sure.

Hi Sophie, sorry to hear about the bad news bit but looking on the bright side, starting again will almost definitely give you a much better chance of a :bfp: than 2 follies only. Of course the extra time is not ideal but aren't we used to setbacks by now... I'm being sarky but also remindig you that you can take that, we're a tough old lot! :hugs:
You never know, you might even end up with frosties. I wasn't aware that the cycle only counts up to collection, I guess that really is good news. I'm only getting 2 NHS cycles and was scared of what would happen if the cycle got cancelled. When I say 'only' 2 I am of course not complaining as I'm well aware that if I lived 2 miles down the road I'd be getting none! :dohh:
Well more good news Sophie: your down reg scan will now be the day after mine and also close to PG so we might end up being very close bump buddies! :thumbup:
Keep your chin up and lots of love, thinking about you & sending :dust: to all xx

Oh forgot to say, the sickness seems to be gone so I guess all your good vibes seem to have done the trick, thank you so much! :happydance:
I'm now just feeling quite tired all the time and am sweating like crazy at night, but no mood swings so nothing I can't cope with xx

I never had any side effects of the bureslin (spl) mine was administered by sniffing but I honestly had no side effects at all. And with the stims the only side effect was slight soreness but nothing at all to worry about at all.

Hi Ladies

Sorry Ive been AWOL for a few days... :hugs:

Nothing really going on with me... AF is pretty much finished and Ive told work about the 'dentist' appointment on Tuesday next week. Wasnt feeling too nervous about it until.... i realised its NEXT WEEK that Im stimming OMFG!!!

Sophie - Im so sorry to hear that youre cancelling this cycle but I REALLY do think that its for the best :hugs: :hugs: Ive got all crossed that this next cycle will be a HUGE eggy success.

Wallie - Are you now D-regging? Hope its all going well xxx

Hippie - Glad youre feeling better now... Im also a horrible sweaty mess at night time.

PG Lady - Hows the UTI?

Sending lots of love and :hugs: to everyone xxx

Hi everyone, nothing to report here. Feeling a bit tired, but that's probably due to being back at work, I'm a lazy so and so. Was getting a bit worried that the buserelin wasn't working, so thanks for the no side effects reassurance Wallie. I suppose it's early days yet and I could be eating my words soon.

Thinking of you all, the next couple of weeks is going to be interesting! :flower:

PG - Tbh the really proper symptoms havent really started until recently :hugs:

No, not started DR'ing yet, next Wednesday is all go for me!

Wallie - Oooh special day for both of us :hugs:

Hope everyone is OK... no news from me... still sniffing away waiting for Tuesday :argh:

Have a nice weekend ladies xxx

Hope you all have a relaxing weekend. I'll be thinking of you next week Traskey, Sambatiki and Wallie :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->