Starting to feel more like I'm LTTTC now?

DooDah

Reaction score
So my OH and I have been ntnp since May 2011. Some cycles it's more like ttc and some we don't have a chance at all.

But now almost a year of ttc is coming up and I keep seeing new ladies coming here, getting their bfp moving on etc and I realise that I don't really relate to the new ttc'ers anymore iykwim?

I know when I OV, know if I'm in or not, still get my hopes up a little to have them crushed again, know the days to DTD, know what to avoid in the 2ww, know what to do before OVing. Know the ttc lingo and I'm just ready for a bfp now :thumbup:

I just wondered if any other ladies are in the same situation as me and maybe wanted to go through the rest of the journey together??

:dust:

Well, I have not been on this website for long. Only a few months. And I am more like NTNP preventing with my fiance right now, until we move in together and really start TTC.
We are living 5 hours apart, so we don't get to see each too often. (And never when ovulate it seems lol)

But I can understand your feeling, I know what it is like to see other girls getting pregnant and moving further. My best friend got pregnant last year and now her baby boy is 5 months old, he's adorable and all. But we always talked how we were going to try and have babies together and now she is in this exclusive ''club'' and I don't get to see her much anymore :(
It's not just her either, and I see it here too. :D

But i'm not losing hope at all, and I would totally love have a buddy for this journey, if you want :D

Hi DooDah,
I have a 5 yr old daughter that I caught pregnant with on the BC pill. Am desperately trying for sibling for her. Now that I want to get pregnant this time round, just doesn't seem to be happening.
My depo ran out march 2010. So I have been without contraception for 2 years now.
For a time I saw myself as "NTNP" but as time went on, alarm bells started to ring. When I sat and considered timing of BD with OV etc I realised in fact I basically have been TTC for 18 months+ from when AF returned.
I have only been on this site for couple months but I can totally relate to the feeling of seeing people who have got BFP first cycle TTC etc.
I know some people would say to be grateful for having my daughter which I am but for me makes it harder that I have managed it before but for some reason body isn't playing ball now.
Have you tried any OPKs etc? x

I totally agree with you hun been ntnp/ttc for 14 months this cycle and just seems like it will never happen. I try to make my mind off it but its when its the only thing I want plus the fact that most of the girls I went to school with have had there first with some going on to have their second it definatly feels like there in a club.

I totally understand how you feel! I've been taking more of a ntnp to ttc, but now that I'm coming up on two years I'm going crazy. Especially now that everyone I went to school with is pregnant, and I can't even log in to fb without everyone's daily update on baby.

I don't know when you go from ntnp to ltttc, but I feel like I'm there now.

Thank you for the replies girls :)

I think it's so awesome that there's always someone on this site that knows what you're going through. I really hope that we all get our bfps soon, it's nice to be able to talk to women who really know what it is to ntnp for a long long time.

Last week I was reading a story by a women who was talking about how her story should give hope to others, how she felt like it was never gonna happen for her, who'd had so many highs and lows ttc and had recently gotten her bfp. I thought how lovely it was and was gonna post a big congrats... Then she mentioned that she'd been ttc for 3 months! I mean, show some tact??

Miaw - I'd love to have you for my buddy :) whereabouts in the world are all you girlies from??

:dust:

Northwest Louisiana - It does suck sometimes when you read stories like that! My best friend got her bfp after 4 months of trying. It's hard not to hold I against them. But having someone to talk to who is in the same boat does help!

I know how you feel! I have a hard time relating to the new TTC'ers but I also like to help them because when I was just starting out, I didn't know a lot. I found a lot of help by browsing this site so I'm glad that at least something good can come out of me TTC for this long. I know what these women are going through. I could really never do the whole NTNP thing though because I would "know" in the back of my mind that I want this so I would be TTC anyway. I didn't really feel like LTTTC until I hit the 1 year mark because that is the point at which I am considered infertile. It is really hard to get to that point but on the plus side, it has opened me up to being able to seek treatment.

I really don't even keep track of who gets their BFPs. I wander into the pregnancy test section now and again but only open threads of people who have been TTC for a little while. I don't do this because I'm jealous of these ladies who get their BFPs right away. I just really want that for myself iykwim?

Sending lots of :dust: and :hugs: your way!

I'm from Montreal, Canada. So i'm one of those french girls. But i'll soon move to the english side of Canada with my fiance. *points to ticker*

@hopingforit, I'll send positive thoughts your way, I hope it happens soon. :D

good luck to all of your girls and baby dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->