starting to get scared now :(

ukgirl23

Pregnant with a rainbow
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was fine with the idea of labour but as the date draws closer I find myself more and more scared that something might go wrong or that its going be super painful.. A lot of stuff I had forgotten about with my last two babies is coming back to me and I know whats coming and just feel completely out of control :(
Is anyone else feeling this way? how are you dealing with these feelings? xx

Hi

I'm the opposite I'm ready 4 the pain!lol I remember it really hurting but I'm so fed up, I just keep thinking its one day out of my life and my dd s dying to meet her brother.

My labour last time was a long one but I had no stitches or anything, I couldn't get off the bed because I was hooked 2 a monitor also didn't get my water birth. So ths time I'm thinking it may be quicker if i can move about, I might get my water birth so that's my possitive spin on it.

Was both your labours the same? What's worrying u the most? X

This is my 4th but my first that ill get to try labor and vaginal delivery. I do get nervous the more I think about it. I am hoping I can handle labor.

I will be having my cs next Wednesday unless baby decides to make her appearance before then and it just hit me last night that it's actually going to happen! I had a cs last time after 2 failed attempts at induction. I experienced some pain during the operation, had a terrible time trying to breastfeed and was re admitted to hospital when Hayden was a week old with raging mastitis and a uterine infection. Needed a week of iv antibiotics before I could in home on tablets. I have never felt so wretched - I was in a lot of pain, I felt so ill and I couldn't manage to look after my own baby. I am terrified of any or all of those things happening again, but am telling myself all births are different and there is no reason why things should go so wrong again. I'm afraid it's not really working yet, so I can't be much help on how to deal with it, but I can say you are definitely not alone.

Hope all goes well for you x

:hugs: I get like this right at the end as well and I try to just try to replace those thoughts with being excited to hold her finally :)

my last labour was 3 days long I think thats whats scaring me most. My aaters went on a wednesday and I had him saturday night.. I kept getting sent home from the hospital because I wasnt dialating enough so they said they would induce me properly on sunday morning so I tried to stay home... we lived in norway on a farm 45 minutes from the nearest hospital and I started getting the bigger contractions so we left for pain relief.. I managed to get in just before needing to push so it was too late for drugs and I felt everything. For 3 days after we were in icu..

Im trying to think positive.. Im also hoping for a water birth this time.. I think I will get to the point where Im so fed up I wont care I just need to stress out first if you know what I mean?

I feel the same way. I was ok up until a couple of weeks ago but now im thinking about when I had my daughter 2 years ago and it was absolutely awful. She was back to back and then her head got stuck so after 12 hours I had to have an episiotomy and ventouse delivery which was absolutely awful and just one big painful blur. I only had gas and air as I cant stand feeling 'out of control' from drugs like pethidine as I suffer with anxiety. I am now terrified thinking how am i going to do this again and the only way i can sort of deal with it is by telling myself 'ok if its as bad as last time i wi have the epidural this time!'

After i gave birth to my daughter and was being transferred from labour ward to the hospital ward for the night i seriously felt scared at the fact that i would never be able to give her a sibling as i would never be anle to go through that again and here i am ... About to do it all again. Its horrible as you get to the final stretch of pregnancy if you are afraid of birth as there is nothing you can do except sit and wait for it to happen and look at tummy getting bigger and bigger and thinking.... Oh dear, this baby has got to somehow come out of me! Lol.

Im trying to push labour thoughts out of my head as much as possible but your not alone because i feel exactly the same xxxx

You're totally gonna rock it! Don't let labor scare you, us women are incredible powerful and fully capable creatures! Try to take a deep breath and read some happy birth stories, put you right in the groove!

Me too. Had mild contractions for about three hours last night and i was so scared it was going to turn into full blown labour!!!! Arghhhh!!!! I'm excited but shitting my pants too!! X

Well I am definitely not as close as you other women are to the big day, but I will say I'm starting to feel the same. With my first, I didn't have the anxiety or worry about pain, just excited to have our first baby. ( ignorance is bliss) well labor and delivery were horrible, so now I'm terrified of getting this baby out. Wish I could go back to not knowing what to expect. However, my only hope is that I've heard that usually the first labor is the worst and longest, hopefully this second one goes better. Best wishes to you all!

This is my first and I'm pretty scared! I know the pain is going to be horrific and I'm very very scared of there being complications.

BUT I also know that when I get to hold her and kiss her it will be the best moment of my life. (I'm crying now. Lol)

So I just need to be strong and think positive. Women do it every day. Most in the world don't have our birthing/pain relief options. So I'm just going to try and dig deep and stay calm and do my best.

It is painful and it can go wrong (mine was both) but honestly, once it gets going you just cope because you have no choice! No point in worrying about it cause it's not gonna stop it happening. I was terrified, and with good reason cause it fooking hurts, but its not as scary as it seems you can cope :)

I'm embracing the ignorance of it being my first and can't wait. My pregnancy has been awful and my birth plan already gone to pot. I started with home birth- then midwife unit now having to deliver in the hospital with blood pressure being too high. No doubt labour will be horrible but we get our babies at the end!!! I CAN'T WAIT :)

Yes- i am beginning to "pap" it slowly- fear of the unknown for me. But what can you do- they have to come out :haha:
All i can say is at least you will be surrounded by experienced people who know what they are doing (Hopefully)

if only they could just stay in there!! ahaha! xx

if only they could just stay in there!! ahaha! xx
lol i know what you mean- but i want my body back!! I just keep telling myself it can't be that bad surely??????????? my mum did it 5 times!! lol

yeh I am on my 3rd so it can't be THAT bad, once you hold your baby you forget the pain. I'm so looking forward to eating prawns and medium rare steak and sleeping on my back again <3

Your 3rd! well then- it should be a breeze for you lol :haha: All the best! :hugs:

Thanks, like I said the last one took 3 days of active labour after waters went naturally thats what is getting to me lol I'll be okay if it's quick one! :p x

I'm freaking out, I was okay with it on Wednesday but the fear has come back. Pretty much because LO got stuck, I ended up with a spinal, so as much as I know how it hurts up to a certain part, actually giving birth I have no clue. Weird huh! Apart from everyone stating the obvious that its really painful which doesn't help even though they are just being honest. I remeber my midwife saying it was going to suddenly hurt really bad and I would have rather just not have been told, I was in a good place in my head until she told me that and I panicked - then LO got stuck anyway but that fear feeling is still with me. . . . . So it's my second but kind of my first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->