Steralising

caggimedicine

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
When do you stop steralising?

I currently steralise all of Harry's bottles and dummies, and yet he goes to nursery 3 days a week and his dummy is on the floor most of the time and in his mouth the rest of the time... so i'm not sure what the point is! I don't steralise Harry's food bowls or spoons... yet I do steralise the pots I freeze his food in?! Obviously there's no logic behind my steralising!!!:blush:

I dont sterilise anything anymore. I stopped when I started weaning last week.

I read a few articles about being over zealous with hygiene and sterilising has caused the rise in allergies.

I read a few articles about being over zealous with hygiene and sterilising has caused the rise in allergies.

Yeah, I've heard about that - or something along those lines... more about how steralising everything doesn't help with building up babies immune system. I'm not sure what I think about that... am just saying what i've heard! Personally, Harry has had a snotty nose and a cough for 12 weeks now, so I don't think steralising his bottles and dummies has really made much of a different to him with regards to germs!

I only do bottles and dummies. (Even though as you say they touch everything.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->