sterilizing....

iam in same situation my little man is 7 months old and i hate sterillising his bottles i dont do his cooklery but i do his bottles iam sure you dont have to be 100% sterile not when hes putting every he can get his hands on into his mouth like his toys and we cant sterillise them i dont think they would fit into the sterilliser. but the right age to stop is 12 mths xxx

Boots is a shop, they do own brand bottles that are really good. I am guessing they don't have it in Canada?

If your lo doesn't need the valve anymore, try just using the bottle without it. I agree they are a pain in the butt to clean!!!!

nope! maybe in the western part of canada, but i'm in the maratimes, not as many places from the states or the uk come out here... bummer.

as for the valve... the bottles dont function without them. i wish they did, but i've tried, and the milk just spills all over the place. :(

I stopped at 6 months, and she has been fine . . . If you make up a feed right away then bacteria does not have time to breed - that is what my health visitor told me. :) x

i stopped sterilising faiths bottles at 6 months, thier immune systom is much better developed at 6 months. i jus dont like the idea of sterilising every single thing. they gotta get used to germs!

i stopped at 6 months with rhys and 6 months with ffion.

6 Months. I still wash everything with hot soapy water, but dont sterilize anymore. they need germs. Same with using tap water if its good for formula now.

6 Months. I still wash everything with hot soapy water, but dont sterilize anymore. they need germs. Same with using tap water if its good for formula now.

agree!! I asked my doctor at her six mont appt and he said it's safe now not to sterilize at six months! xxx

I still sterilize pacifiers about once a week and Hayden is almost 16mo. I wash sippys in the dishwasher so they get sterilized in there with that really hot water. He's never had a bottle so I never had to but with my other 2 I mainly just washed them, sterilized them maybe a couple times a month. If you wash them really well with hot water and soap they should be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->