Sticking together until we all get prego!

Ugh I think I might be out this cycle. Today is 9dpo and I had some spotting this morning which is similar to the spotting I saw last cycle on 10 dpo. At the time I thought it was implantation bleeding but then I had the same spotting the following day and then AF came the day after...so we will see if this cycle follows the same pattern.

Aj-I bet it is! Sometimes the camera just has a hard time capturing it when it's light but still a bfp. So happy for you! Praying that it'll be sticky! :hugs:

Jwc- Since you had this last cycle it really makes it hard to tell. Hoping it is IB for you!

Well today is 10dpo and it looks like AF has arrived. This is so frustrating! Last cycle I had an 11 day luteal phase and this one was only 9. I'm starting to wonder if I have a luteal phase defect. Anyone had experience with a LPD?

Aww man - sorry to hear about AF JWC.

I tested this morning at 9dpo :bfn: womp. Will try again tomorrow.

Jwc- I am trying to correct a luteal phase defect now. My midwife had suggested evening primrose oil, which I used for 4 months. When I miscarried at the end of this previous April I thought that the epo had finally started lengthening my luteal phase. But when the bleeding didn't stop it became pretty obvious that my period was late and I was having an early miscarriage. I immediately ordered some natural progesterone cream (I use Emerita Progest off Amazon) and started using it after O that cycle following the miscarriage. My luteal phase before the progesterone cream was between 5 and 9 days. The cycle I used the cream it was 13 days, followed by 12 days and 14 days this last cycle(another cp). Near as I can tell using the cream in proper dosages and at the right time (after O)doesn't really have an adverse effect and it definitely lengthens the lp. Vitex (chasteberry) is another option that could help with your lp. I think vitex takes a few cycles. The progesterone helped as soon as I started using it. I hope that some of this will help and that you get your luteal phase a bit longer. 10 is really the bare minimum that it should be, 9 is considered a defect if it stays that short with your following cycle. Also, I read a book titled Hormone Balance made Simple by DR.John Lee. It's really informative about how to properly use progesterone cream.

Hey Y'all ! I just read over the comments ! I have to say it's good being back ! I need this positive energy in my life ! My fiancé and I have been trying for our first baby since around November . For the past 2 months We've tried not to be so OBSESSED with specifc dates & when to get intimate etc so we can keep our minds off the stress of the entire thing ! When we first started we tried to stick with my app which is usually really close to being on point with my period , it's only like a few days off , so we would try and have sex during the predicted days , & got no luck , so then the next couple of months I decided to try a couple days later than predicted days because since my period comes a few days after the predicted date on the app I figured I may be ovulated later than I think . But still no luck . So then we started to just stop trying , and now that's basically what we're doing to see if when our mind is off of it , will it help ! So far the first 2 months haven't been any luck , so I'm wishing sometime soon we will get lucky with our first baby ! My predicted ovulation on the app was the 17th of July , but I'm not sure if we got intimate before then . I do know for a fact that we did have unprotected sex on the 20th though ! So with like I said with the app being a little off from my period .. maybe ovulation occurred ? I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed and wish for the best !:)

Ps I haven't been able to track my ovulation with strips etc because I'm typically on the go all day everyday ! So I'm forgetful ��*♀️����*♀️

Sorry to hear about AF and BFNs! :( Hope you get a line today, Dream! It is really early still.

NewbieTTC, what app are you using? If it's constantly predicting your period too early, it sounds like it's not adapting to your actual cycles. I know Fertility Friend, for example, takes an average of my actual cycles and predicts based on that. So it's more accurate than if it just assumed I'd be 28 days. You might look for one that'll be more accurate for you.

The apps also usually assume you ovulate 14 days before your period, but lots of people have shorter LPs. If yours is a few days shorter *and* the app is assuming your whole cycle is shorter than it is, the predicted fertile days could be way off. I think being relaxed about it and just seeing how it goes can be a good approach, but if you ever wanted to take a closer look, OPKs, temping, and/or even just checking cervical position and CM can help you figure out your usual ovulation pattern. :)

Update on me: I'm hoping to O soon! Should be in the next few days based on past cycles. OPKs were still negative as if yesterday afternoon, but I'm starting to see a fair bit of EWCM. We have BDing planning for tonight and Wednesday, though that might be revised when I get a +.

Feeling a little impatient to finally be in the TWW. The only thing worse than waiting is waiting to wait! ;)

Newbie - if the OPKs don't work for you due to forgetfulness. Maybe just do temping to ensure that you're ovulating. Temping won't help to time BD because once you've gotten the temp spike you have already ovulated but if it's consistent, you will be able to time BD better around that.

AFM 10 DPO - still :bfn: onwards and upwards for tomorrow's test. FX

Dream, I'm excited to see how things go for you. FX you get a bfp this cycle

jwc I took vitamin B last month and it extended my LP by one day. I also take progesterone cream (i specifically use one with a pump so it makes it super easy to ensure you're getting just the right dosage) and I had a 12 day LP last month. I was stoked, ha! But I did too much prog cream a couple months before and had a 9-10 day LP. I was sure it was IB even though we hadn't tried that month at all. Nope, it just gave me an early period! Breakthrough bleeding, I guess, but I ditched that one

So, what I thought was AF ended up just being more spotting, albeit a bit heavier spotting. I also have spotting today...so 3 days in a row and today is 11dpo. I'm pretty much expecting AF to officially arrive each time I go to the restroom. It would be amazing if it was IB but given that I had the same type of spotting last month, I would put money on this being pre-AF spotting.

Mel- I didn't know you can get progesterone cream with a pump! That's neat! I measured mine out with a tsp the first few times until I could easily judge the proper dosage by looking at it. The pump sounds much easier!

I'm on 5dpo today and the temptation is sore strong to test tomorrow even though 6dpo is ridiculously early. But I have a ton of tests, sooo.... I will probably will and it stands to reason that it will be a bfn 😝

Good luck, JWC13! You never know... :dust:

I got what looked like at least a pretty darn close to positive OPK today, so I'm hoping that means I'll O tomorrow (a little earlier than expected)! BDing tonight accomplished. ;) Hoping the temping will help me confirm. My plan is to wait until at least 10 dpo to test, but we'll see how long I hold my self-control...

Yay for +OPK Sorsha!

AFM - 11dpo today. Tested FMU this morning :bfn:

I'm a little bummed but it's not over till it's over. Temps still up. Expecting AF on Saturday, Aug 5th. So I still have a few days of limbo left.

Welp AF officially appeared today at 12 dpo. So it looks like I've had an 11 day LP the last two cycles- would this be in the normal range? Is it worth considering using progesterone cream with an 11 day LP? Are there any risks with using the cream?

Dream- FXed that tomorrow will be your BFP!

Jwc- When you look up what is considered a normal luteal phase the answer given is 10-16 days. Since your lp seems to be within that range I personally wouldn't use hormone supplements. My luteal phase was super short so it was obvious that I was/am lacking progesterone, hence using ptogesterone cream. But yours is just on the shorter side of normal. Maybe using vitamin B like Mel will help add a day on or using vitex (known to balance hormones and lengthen the lp as well) would be a better option in your case?

Dream- It's definitely not over! It's still kinda early so a :bfn: doesn't mean that you won't get that :bfp: in a couple days!

Sorsha- Yay for a + OPK!

Newbie- If I am really busy I will pack a couple small disposable cups and opks in a zip lock baggie and use it while I am out with another little baggie to put the used opk in if I don't have a bunch of time to wait for it to darken and then check it later. Temping is another great way to determine if O has happened. And learning how to check cervical fluid and position (just wash hands and check when using the restroom). Even when you're busy these things are pretty quick and simple once you get familiar with them ☺

Newbie- If I am really busy I will pack a couple small disposable cups and opks in a zip lock baggie and use it while I am out with another little baggie to put the used opk in if I don't have a bunch of time to wait for it to darken and then check it later. Temping is another great way to determine if O has happened. And learning how to check cervical fluid and position (just wash hands and check when using the restroom). Even when you're busy these things are pretty quick and simple once you get familiar with them ☺

Newbie, I agree with ArtsyLady. If you are on the go, keep some OPKs and disposable cups with you and just take the test on one your restroom breaks. Maybe even set up a reminder on your phone to help you remember.

I'm not sure what time you get home, but I always just wait to take mine when I get home from work around 6pm and haven't had any issues. Depending purely on an app is risky. My app estimated my O day a week late each month and had I only used that, we would miss the window every time.

Also, as Sorsha mentioned, apps assume you have a 14 day LP and as you see on this thread, that just isn't always the norm. Only OPKs or temping will give you this information.

Well, I got a REALLY obvious + OPK this morning (yesterday it was about the same darkness, and today the test line was, like, twice as dark), but no EWCM so far today, so I'm not sure what to think. Hopefully the temping will tell me whether I O today or tomorrow (or who knows when... ;) ). If I don't see a rise tomorrow morning we'll probably BD again in the evening to cover all our bases.

(I ended up deciding not to be strict about the gender swaying BD timing, because at 36 I'm worried about reducing our chances too much overall.)

Well, I got a REALLY obvious + OPK this morning (yesterday it was about the same darkness, and today the test line was, like, twice as dark), but no EWCM so far today, so I'm not sure what to think. Hopefully the temping will tell me whether I O today or tomorrow (or who knows when... ;) ). If I don't see a rise tomorrow morning we'll probably BD again in the evening to cover all our bases.

(I ended up deciding not to be strict about the gender swaying BD timing, because at 36 I'm worried about reducing our chances too much overall.)

Sorsha YAY!! Time to get busy ;)

May I join too? :)

We're just starting to TTC #2. Our little man is almost 5. I don't know where the time has gone.

I'm 38, so a little concerned. I'll probably be less casual about the whole process than I was the first time around. Fingers crossed!

Good luck, everyone :flower:

Hi may I join? Been ttc for 8 months now with a mmc in April, this is my 2nd cycle after mmc and first cycle taking soy isoflavones to try and shorten my cycle and ovulate sooner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->