Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

So dh told his best friend last night that we are pg. He and his wife just got married, and she has 2 kids from a previous marriage with a literal crackhead. I knew they were going to start trying because he wanted one or two of his own and she's 34, not a spring chicken anymore. Anyway so today dh goes "oh I didn't tell you? They're pregnant!" Apparently she got her IUD out in January "as a surprise" and they went to hear the heartbeat today... I didn't react the way dh wanted me to and I KNOW we are pregnant now and everything but I'm young and it took us 7 months.. It took them like two weeks! I dunno, I feel sort of like I shouldn't care because I am so beyond grateful to be pregnant BUT.... I do feel a little resentful or sad or something. Am I crazy?!

I know that if I'd just had like ten minutes to process on my own it'd be different and I am definitely excited that dh and his best friend are going to have their first kids at basically the exact same time BUT I just need a minute to get to that "yay hooray!" point..

I don't think you're nuts. It's only natural after having some problems with being told that someone is expecting. I see it all the time in the blogs world.

Had my appointment today. My blood pressure was a bit low but they didn't seem concerned and they checked baby's heart. Ronny told them that I feel like I'm getting less care than I should be given that I am high risk and they apologized and promised to do better. The pelvic pain nurse said that I would need to order the belt the physical therapist recommends and is going to talk to the head of midwives about seeing if I can be co managed with the midwives because they are better with being more personal and less clinical.

Don't worry Cheryl we understand you :hugs:

I'm glad dh spoke up for you Jess and hoping that you get better care now! :hugs:

Hi ladies! SO since my ultrasound yesterday I've been wondering... the instructor and some students detected the heart rate at 149-156. Is that a lower number and more of a girl rate? Also, the CRL was measuring a week ahead. Could this mean baby is going to have a long torso and possible be tall? My OH is 6'1" and I'm 5'7". And I really need to lay off the scale... or the munching. Every time I weigh myself it's a bigger number, like this morning and I hadn't even eaten yet (typing this as I'm eating at my work desk :dohh:). We went to Olive Garden for dinner yesterday and I was so stuffed and felt uncomfortable, but shortly after we got home I was ready to eat again and had a bowl of Cream of Wheat maple and brown sugar :wacko:

Jyllian I've heard that 140+ is a girl rate BUT that isn't a great sort of test.. Mine was 159 at 7 weeks which would be a super high girl rate and maybe Im having a girl BUT I feel like it's a boy.. And I've looked at bunch of threads of people talking about whether it was right for them and even a poll that was literally 50/50. Like my heart rate was high but my placenta is on the right and my wee had a higher ph.. I don't know if I trust any of it honestly! It can all go either way.

We should ask the ladies if the heart rate theory was right for them!

Dani are we expecting results today?!

With my early u/s at 11 and 13 weeks the GP said he would say about 120bpm and that being lower it indicated boy. So it worked for me as I'm having a boy.

I know early u/s are suppose to be very accurate but they can be out by 6 days to the front or back.
At 11 weeks I measured a week behind, at 13 weeks I measured a week ahead and at my 20 weeks scan (I was 20+4) baby measured spot on 20+4.

I just reallllllly want to give my OH the boy he wants. I know it's out of my control but I kinda stress over it :wacko: If we had a boy, we can still try for another. Ultimately, I'm so glad that we conceived and I can give him his first child. He's going to be an amazing daddy... and now I'm tearing up! :dohh:

Jyllian which side is the placenta attached on? it sort of looked like it's on the right from yesterday's scans.. they're flipped since they were abdominal scans. Is that what they said/what you see? Ramzi's theory is that when the placenta is attached on the right it's a boy; otherwise, girl. Mine is on the right and I have a strong intuition it's a boy..

Oh, I really want you to do the ring test! I cannot get over how weird ours works. I literally have done this 5-6 times now where I hold it over DH, then our girl dog, then my heart, then the belly, and every single time it goes in a straight line over DH and my belly and in a big circle over my heart and my dog. So weird. I think it's funny that most people say "oh it didn't work for me! it went back and forth and I'm having a BOY!" and I'm like, you heard the wrong results! I told dh the other day if someone told me I'm having a girl I'd be in total shock and would never trust my own intuition again! But maybe I just *want* a little girl so I'm trying to not get my hopes up... all my Chinese charts say girl. They were dead-on accurate for my mom and my best friends. Hrmmmmm. MYSTERY!!!!

I don't remember what the instructor said regarding the position of my placenta :shrug: I'm gonna have to try the ring test! Also, isn't there a Draino test where you pee in Draino clog remover and if it turns a certain color it determines gender?

Ah! Here it is:

https://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Drano_Pregnancy_Test​

Hi ladies! SO since my ultrasound yesterday I've been wondering... the instructor and some students detected the heart rate at 149-156. Is that a lower number and more of a girl rate? Also, the CRL was measuring a week ahead. Could this mean baby is going to have a long torso and possible be tall? My OH is 6'1" and I'm 5'7". And I really need to lay off the scale... or the munching. Every time I weigh myself it's a bigger number, like this morning and I hadn't even eaten yet (typing this as I'm eating at my work desk :dohh:). We went to Olive Garden for dinner yesterday and I was so stuffed and felt uncomfortable, but shortly after we got home I was ready to eat again and had a bowl of Cream of Wheat maple and brown sugar :wacko:

I have heard that heart rate greater than 140 is girl, less than 140 is boy. My baby's heartrate even now is between 155 and 160. I have heard thought that this test is most accurate in the days leading up to birth when heart rate has drastically decreased.

Try to be careful with your eating, a lady that was with us for a long time just gave birth to an 11 pound baby and she couldn't control her hunger either.

I don't remember what the instructor said regarding the position of my placenta :shrug: I'm gonna have to try the ring test! Also, isn't there a Draino test where you pee in Draino clog remover and if it turns a certain color it determines gender?

There is a drano test but I personally will not do that one after the bleach debacle. Something about mixing urine and chemicals kind of nerves me out.

Have any of you been experieicing contractions yet?

I've had Braxton Hicks if that's what you are referring to Jess.

Mine haven't been painful or uncomfy at fall thus far. Mine kind of feels like a "tickle" running from the sides of my belly and when they meet in the middle I can feel where my uterus contracted.

You?

I have been having Braxton hicks for about a month, but they are starting to get painful. Not necessarily I'm in labor painful, but certainly very uncomfortable feeling.

Jyllian I would really not do the drano test if I were you! Unless you can get OH to do it outside for you or something :rofl: I did the ring test again and tried to throw it off... Held it over our dog and it was in huge circles then dh put his hand under it and it literally started going in a straight line! I really need to do a video because no one believes I'm not like moving my hand to make it do what I want.. Lol

So I have an appointment in a little less than 2 weeks and I'll be about 12 weeks, almost. I've already had a transvaginal u/s so what should I expect around that time? Another ultrasound? H/b only?

If your appointment is anything like mine they will take your weight and blood pressure, listen to your heart/lungs, ask if you have any questions and send you on your way. Have you already done your medical history and family background stuff? If not they will do that and perhaps a pap smear. They will probably also talk to you about the various test options you have.

I've done my first ob already, this is just my four week follow up from that. I figure just heartbeat and that's about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->