Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

LOL I noticed the typo as well, it made me hungry. Mmmmmm gyro... It's time for lunch! I found a cute little brown anole (lizard) on the plant floor at work this morning and am taking it home for my son he's too excited :laugh2: My OH wasn't very happy about it. He said if I was keeping the lizard (it's maybe 2 inches long) then has was getting a dog. Uh no :saywhat: How is that even comparable? I don't think so. My son will have a small tank in his bedroom and I ensured my OH that he wouldn't even know it's there.. We love critters!

You know what the wives say.....hubby gains weight, you're having a girl

I don't think hubby needs an excuse.. hahaha. He did just finish his marathon so it's probably that

Wanted to let you guys know they have a "bump friendly" category on Rent the Runway.. I will be renting a few dresses for weddings/events coming up! I need a low bump so I can wear this in early May.... I'm putting that order in with my body now. K body?

https://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/bcbgmaxazria_dresses/crossmyheartgown

Congrats on your baby BOY Dani!!!!. My guess was right......

Now let's see if my guess for Kenna (boy) and Jess (boy) are right as well...

Kenna, can you please put a poll in this thread as to the gender we all are having? Thanks... :hugs: :dance:

I cannot believe how many boys this thread is having! I am beginning to think that the Shettles method truly is BACKWARDS! Most of the people I know who were like like "oops, guess I'm pregnant" had girls.. Hrmmmmm..

Who's next to find out after Kenna? Jess? Then.. me? I'm so far from it!

Alright ladies, 12 week bumpdate is up (don't skip the ad please)
[youtube]3pcfzcW0ECM[/youtube]

I think Jyllian might be before you Cheryl...

It is amazing how many boys we have going thus far. I wish I can remember my gender prediction for Dani, can't remember if I got it right...

Pam duh, totally forgot! I guessed girl for Dani because her bump is so high so I was wrong wrong wrong! I was right with you and Daphne though :D I think we all think Jess is having a boy!

Very quick pop in but I owe you ladies an update. I got my results back and all genetic testing was normal and I'm having a baby boy!

Will be back on tonight to catch up.

Agh! Huge congrats Dani!

Oh I hope I can follow the boy trend on here... I won't find out until around April 15th (I'll be 20 weeks then).

I wish Ginger would get her butt back on BnB... she found out what she is having!

I don't think hubby needs an excuse.. hahaha. He did just finish his marathon so it's probably that

Wanted to let you guys know they have a "bump friendly" category on Rent the Runway.. I will be renting a few dresses for weddings/events coming up! I need a low bump so I can wear this in early May.... I'm putting that order in with my body now. K body?

https://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/bcbgmaxazria_dresses/crossmyheartgown

I love rent the runway and didn't know about the bump category, thanks!!:happydance: I have a wedding in May, August and two in oct! Although it's highly unlikely I'll be going to both the October weddings if I have the baby some time in October! Haven't had my due date confirmed yet but based on O, the internet says 10/30! :baby:

I definitely thought it was easier to have a girl! So many of the prego women I knew had girls last year. My sister had a girl in August and so I'm secretly pulling for a girl but I'm like 80% sure it's a boy so oh well! I love baby boys too so I'd be happy either way. I pray all of our babies are 100% healthy!

Ps. Do I get to hear my baby's heartbeat at my appt next month?? How early does the heartbeat start? I really hope by my 7 week appt I can! :) I talked to the nurse more this afternoon and she said I will have an ultrasound to figure out my baby's due date that day and blood work. Just curious if the heartbeat is developed by then?

Typically you wont hear the heartbeat via doppler until the 10-12 week mark. I got lucky and heard it at the 9 week mark because I am so small. Your first appointment will most probably just be a general overview of your health history, a pelvic exam and scheduling a dating ultrasound. I personally think its best to be honest and let the docs know the information including when you last period was.

Twinsie by 7 weeks you should hear the heartbeat on the ultrasound. I did! We are going to a wedding too in May and can't wait to wear that dress! Might even rent for my shower so I look like a super fly mama

I think I might find out the sex at 17-18 weeks? I want to wait til it's late enough to really be sure since we are having a gender reveal party... Lol

Are any of you planning babymoons? I started looking today. Maybe a cruise to keep it cheap and easy!

Twinsie by 7 weeks you should hear the heartbeat on the ultrasound. I did! We are going to a wedding too in May and can't wait to wear that dress! Might even rent for my shower so I look like a super fly mama

I think I might find out the sex at 17-18 weeks? I want to wait til it's late enough to really be sure since we are having a gender reveal party... Lol

Are any of you planning babymoons? I started looking today. Maybe a cruise to keep it cheap and easy!

You should be able to find out the gender. At 16 weeks boy bits vs girl bits are distinguishable. We're having a gender reveal also but I'm more nervous baby won't cooperate and I won't have time for another scan.

We are not doing a baby moon. There are too many other things we need (car for me, house, etc) that I can't justify spending money on a vacation that we can't afford since I won't be going back to work.

Thanks for the responses! I hope I can hear the heartbeat! But I'll settle for just knowing he/she is snug and safe if need be.

Definitely rent a dress for your baby shower! My sister even got her makeup professionally done so she could look/feel her absolute best that day. I think your body being so unfamiliarly big messes with you and you just want to feel like you look your best! Nothing wrong with that!

Gender reveal parties are so fun!!! My sister had one and it was amazing to find out the sex at the same time she was. Very special. However, I don't have that patience ! My husband and i wanna find out together privately and then we'll have a party to share it with our families in a fun way but we'll already know. Speaking of, how are you guys going to reveal your baby's gender ? Cake ? Balloons ? I love hearing this stuff!

Also, how did you guys tell your families you were pregnant? We haven't told either family yet but want to do it in special and fun way! Ideas welcomed! :)

We're doing a mini roadtrip babymoon. We have to buy a family car - DH has a sports car, so we can't spend too much. Thanks for the update on Rent the Runway. I have a summer wedding as well!

The only two true wives tales signs I had were no morning sickness and headaches. Those pointed to boy. Finished up my announcement. Going to tell the world (via Facebook) after my appointment next week. I just need the comfort of seeing him one more time before I feel comfortable announcing.

https://oi61.tinypic.com/2v92fzq.jpg

We have a few long weekends planned but nothing crazy. I've been wanting to go to DC during the cherry blossom festival since I hear it's beautiful when all the cherry blossoms are in full bloom (which is a very short time every year). And then we will go to Newport Rhode Island for a short romantic getaway in June.

We are buying a house this year also and I will become a stay at home mom too once the baby is born so we are trying to be responsible even though that's no fun lol

No babymoon here either. I live pretty much 5 minutes drive from our town's harbour and we are situated in a bay so there is LOTS of sea and beach all around us. I'm on permanent holiday :D
Well except for having to still get up and work during the week :nope:

RE announcement:
I called my mom 10dpo to tell her I got a positive test and to keep quiet (if you know my mom this is the worst thing to ask her as she lives on Facebook :haha: but she managed) until after my bloods on 11dpo.
When doc called me on 12dpo to confirm positive bloods I called my dad and asked if he wanted to be a grandpa to which he asked if he had a choice and I said No so that was that :D
I had a very special bond with my FIL (sadly he passed almost 3 years ago) and we got a positive blood test on his birthday so I decided to announce on his Facebook page as a gift to him and that doubled as our Facebook announcement to everyone else.
Nothing crazy special but completely fitting for dh and myself :D

I had the WEIRDEST dream last night, but I think I had it coming for joking about Cheryl's "I have a penis" dream

So in my dream I was having a boy and the one lady that rents an office from us has an u/s machine in her office that looks like a sun bed. I get in for a free scan (why not :haha:) and she does the u/s for me. Funny thing is that in my dream she is blind so she cannot see what she is looking at but tells me it is a girl. I'm like no it's a boy. She then proceeds to take the baby out and don't ask me how but she did and then felt the baby bits and there were no boy bits so it really was a girl.
I then had to change my Facebook announcement and call everyone to let them know etc.

WEIRD :wacko:

We are taking a 5-day baby moon in late April, should be about 7.5 months by then! :)

Daphne, I was thinking of adding a list to the front page and then adding our gender guesses for each person. What do you think? I'll do something on there right now and see how it looks. Let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->