Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Ah Jyllian :hugs:
I know how you feel! I have a permanent job with a salary and DH works from home as he is a painter and rehabilitates wild life etc. He has just been made area representative for a huge company so they will reimburse him his expenses on the birds etc. His paintings are amazing and he does sell them so there is at least some income there but not a set amount.

My situation is not nearly as frustrating as yours but I can really imagine that in your position I would too have lost it with OH. I agree that if he knows that he does not have an fixed income he cannot expect to maintain set expenses such as tobacco etc.

What was his response to all this? I hope he wakes up soon before it is too late.

Pam like I said he tried justifying his tobacco/pop/etc. expenses by bringing up my $5 fast food purchase from two weeks ago :rofl: C'mon man, you don't have anything better than that? He knows I don't spend money anywhere else but on bills, vehicle gas, groceries and the home reno supplies. That's where him and I differ. I used to always get my nails professionally done at a salon and even bought hair extensions I wore and would have to maintain those things every so often. I just can't see putting that money towards those things at this time, especially right now without a second income and while preparing for a baby on the way. He doesn't give spending extra money a second thought. I'm not sure how much cigarettes or chew cost but I know after awhile it adds up and every little bit counts right now.

Oh I didn't mention that the house is a flippin' disaster. The kitchen counters and sink are covered with dirty dishes, crumbs, spills. And I washed my laundry on Sunday so I'd have clean clothes for the week, figuring he could wash his clothes while at home all the time. Both laundry hampers upstairs are full of dirty clothes he has yet to acknowledge. I had made it clear before while he was working, especially the extended hours, that I had no problem handling the housework and he could take any extra time he has to work on the bedroom remodel. But now that he hasn't been working for weeks I feel like he has more than enough time to job search and do some things around the house as well as tend to the bedroom. I almost took a picture of the kitchen this morning but would be too embarrassed to share it :dohh:

Sorry I missed that and boo on him for such a shitty reply. I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with all this crap! I really wish I could do something to make it better :hugs:

Soooooo, I packed out one of my old hand bags and I came accross a OPK :shock: OMG guess what I did with it?!

https://i.imgur.com/A79JirC.jpg

Sorry but my cell phone doesn't take great close up shots.... Fastest positive ever! :rofl:

Jess thanks for posting that BFing resource! I downloaded the app. I still need to read a BFing book.. Have you read one? And the Ramzi theory was right for you!

I haven't read any breast feeding books aside from sitting on the ground at Barnes and Nobel looking through them. I do a lot of research online though. That link was actually posted by another ttcer turned pregnant.

Ah Jyllian :hugs:
I know how you feel! I have a permanent job with a salary and DH works from home as he is a painter and rehabilitates wild life etc. He has just been made area representative for a huge company so they will reimburse him his expenses on the birds etc. His paintings are amazing and he does sell them so there is at least some income there but not a set amount.

My situation is not nearly as frustrating as yours but I can really imagine that in your position I would too have lost it with OH. I agree that if he knows that he does not have an fixed income he cannot expect to maintain set expenses such as tobacco etc.

What was his response to all this? I hope he wakes up soon before it is too late.

Pam like I said he tried justifying his tobacco/pop/etc. expenses by bringing up my $5 fast food purchase from two weeks ago :rofl: C'mon man, you don't have anything better than that? He knows I don't spend money anywhere else but on bills, vehicle gas, groceries and the home reno supplies. That's where him and I differ. I used to always get my nails professionally done at a salon and even bought hair extensions I wore and would have to maintain those things every so often. I just can't see putting that money towards those things at this time, especially right now without a second income and while preparing for a baby on the way. He doesn't give spending extra money a second thought. I'm not sure how much cigarettes or chew cost but I know after awhile it adds up and every little bit counts right now.

Oh I didn't mention that the house is a flippin' disaster. The kitchen counters and sink are covered with dirty dishes, crumbs, spills. And I washed my laundry on Sunday so I'd have clean clothes for the week, figuring he could wash his clothes while at home all the time. Both laundry hampers upstairs are full of dirty clothes he has yet to acknowledge. I had made it clear before while he was working, especially the extended hours, that I had no problem handling the housework and he could take any extra time he has to work on the bedroom remodel. But now that he hasn't been working for weeks I feel like he has more than enough time to job search and do some things around the house as well as tend to the bedroom. I almost took a picture of the kitchen this morning but would be too embarrassed to share it :dohh:

I'm sorry you have to deal with all this! You'd think he'd be more responsible with a baby on the way!

Soooooo, I packed out one of my old hand bags and I came accross a OPK :shock: OMG guess what I did with it?!

https://i.imgur.com/A79JirC.jpg

Sorry but my cell phone doesn't take great close up shots.... Fastest positive ever! :rofl:

I took an hpt at 18 weeks and was still positive. I'm gonna do another one on Tuesday.

I had to have another ultrasound today because something may be wrong with tiny tot. They can't tell if the original sonographer mislabeled an image or if baby's heart and stomach are on the same side. He was way too wiggly today to get a clear view of it.

Oh no Jess!!! I hope it was an error and that everything is fine with Luke! Praying real hard for you!
If he was too wiggly today do you know when you will go again?

I'm praying everything is ok Jess!!!

Jylian- I'm so sorry you are dealing with this! I don't blame you for losing it this morning and having a hard time. You shouldn't have to tell him to stop all that junk and be responsible, he's a grown ass man! Act like it !! Ok I'm sorry, I get annoyed about this kind of stuff because I have an older brother who never takes responsibility and is a huge leach and just takes and takes and never gives. Your OH doesn't sound half as bad as my brother, my brother has a drug problem so I've been dealing with his issues all my life. Stealing my car and cash etc. Anyways, always speak your mind and never keep it in! That will never solve anything. Xoxoxo we are here for you!!!

Pam- now I want to go pee on something lol

Jamie I'm so sorry about your brother. Has he tried getting help? Drugs are so scary.

Thanks Jylian- he actually was in detox/rehab last month and living with my parents now while he tries to find another rehab facility because he doesn't feel strong enough yet. This is the first time he's ever tried to go back t rehab so I'm hopeful but it's also the 3rd time he's tried rehab so it's hard to not have doubts. I moved an hour away so I don't see him often and I needed that. My poor parents have to though and I hate it. They've done so much for him and he just treats them like sh*t because he plays the victim all the time. I hope this time he stays away from the drugs but only time will tell.

Luca will be 3 months old tomorrow, and we have our first ultrasound in the morning. :happydance:

Happy 3 months birthday Luca. Yay for the scan Kirsty.....

Happy 2 months (8 weeks) Jamie!!!!

ONE perfect little heartbeat! So relieved after the bleed and my husband cracking jokes about twins. :cloud9:

Happy 3 Months to Luca :dance:
I'm so glad you had a great scan with a perfect heartbeat :D

I still cannot get over how fertile you are hahaha, have a baby and then have sex after birth and bam another one on the way! You ROCK!!
Are you going to start telling anyone yet? Or still holding it quiet for now?

We're very lucky fertility wise! I'm going on birth control asap after this lo is born.

We haven't told anybody yet. People aren't going to expect this pregnancy so soon after Luca so we're going to take advantage and tell everybody in a creative way, rather than just blurting it out like last time :haha:

Makes me wanna think twice if we should resume sex after birth.... Still, knowing how long we tried (NTNP 3 yrs and 1 yr actively TTc'ing) before our :bfp: makes me just go ahead with it. Who knows when we'll get to have another :bfp:?

Great news Kirsty! I'm totally rethinking any thoughts on having ANOTHER baby with my OH with all the crap I'm dealing with right now... I've totally gone on strike and haven't really been speaking to him nor do I want to be close with him in any way :nope: It's sad too because today "unofficially" marks one year for us... a lot has happened in the past year...

Hopefully he would have sorted out his work situation by the time you're ready to start thinking about a second (/fourth) baby. Men are useless. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->