Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

I'm only good cheering here and not on the field... as i don't wanna end up like this. :haha: :rofl:

https://i61.tinypic.com/zxa2a8.jpg

:rofl: too silly!!

Pam you might want to read the Bradley method book, it really really teaches you the signposts of different stages of labor so most of us get to the hospital when we're dilated enough to be admitted but not too late that you can't get settled! I was amazed by the info

It's bump day yaaallllll!

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/16weekscollage-silent.jpg
The bump seems so much bigger than it looks right here!

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/GIF.gif
It feels wrong but I'm now craving guacamole..

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/16-weeks-harry-potter.gif
And just for fun! Some Harry Potter action

Aww Cheryl your bump is really showing! Always look forward to your updates and fruit progression!

OK, so I just read this article and watched the video. I'm not sure what's going on with this lady and what exactly she's wearing that makes people so nasty towards her?

https://features.aol.com/video/preg...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl6|sec1_lnk3&pLid=638475

And omigosh the Gerber baby is 90! Must be crazy for her to see her face on EVERY Gerber brand item still!

https://features.aol.com/video/meet...=maing-grid7|main5|dl16|sec1_lnk3&pLid=637900

Jyllian- I'm sorry you and your OH have been struggling. Are you guys on the mend?? I know you were super crazy busy last week/wknd so was he not helping you out and that made you mad/sad? I hope things start getting better. Excited that you'll be finding out the gender this month!! Cheryl too right???!!

Cheryl- great bump! It really doesn't look bigger in the pics but the video I feel like I can tell better that it's bigger. You look great!! And congrats on the job!!!!

Daphne- so happy you found a hospital that works perfect!! I can't imagine only having my hubby with me for one day! That seems tough! I hope you have other family around to help with the baby at home during the day!

Afm: still feeling nauseous a few times a day but getting a bit better. Shared the news with my moms family yesterday and it was great! I basically walked up to my grandpa with the u/s pic and said here's your great grandchild coming in October!! And I was wearing a shirt that says Mommys little Easter egg and a pic of an egg down near my belly. So I revealed the shirt (that was being covered by a sweater) once I took the u/s out. Everyone was surprised and excited!

I don't really have a fun way to tell my dad's side of the Fam for next Sunday. They are all big drinkers of wine (like me !) so Im sure as soon as I turn down a glass of wine, which I never do , they'll know I'm pregnant haha.

Pam- DH and I are moving around July/august to be closer to our families . If I decide to stay with my dr that I have now, I'll have an hour commute to the hospital too!! I'm pretty sure we will switch drs since I'll live 10 mins from the hospital I used to work for. I just hope I like the new dr as much as my current one!

Jamie perhaps you could give the a bottle of wine along with a little note, using the words wine and whine or wining and whining to reference them drinking and you having a newborn? Or I saw something that said "Drink this for be because I'm a mommy to be!"

Jamie it really shows in dresses for some reason, I mean huge! I don't find out the sex til next month :( towards the end of the month too!

Jylian- that's a great idea! I can def bring a bottle of wine and have a note attached! Cute!

Cheryl- ughhhhhhhhhh!!!! Is that by choice on ur part or where you live you have to wait so long?? That's brutal!

Jess that is just awful to hear about your brother :nope: Hoping he has some better luck in the near future. I really need to count my blessings and be more thankful.

Hope you feel better Daphne and YAY for finding a hospital that will allow DH in with you during the birth! :happydance: I couldn't imagine anywhere NOT allowing the SO in with the mother during such an important time.

Glad you had a wonderful trip Jamie and that the bleed isn't anything to worry about. How exciting to be able to announce! Cute lil bump!

Cheryl I saw your doppler video on IG the other day, that's great!

Pam your bump is adorable! Getting closer to D-day... :happydance:

I've been MIA for a few days because things had gotten VERY rough at home between my OH and I. We spent our first night apart ever in a little over a year that we've been together but it was necessary. We are trying to reassess what's really important right now and hopefully move forward from here. I have been a crazy, stressed out, anxiety ridden mess since I got my :bfp: and am trying to completely turn around my attitude and ways of thinking in order to keep myself calm while focusing on and enjoying all the positive things I have to be grateful for :thumbup:

I finally felt baby kick my hand for the first time Thursday evening! S/he was very busy that night, moving all over and keeping me awake because I couldn't do anything but lay there in excitement and awe feeling my LO's movments. Had my daughter's 10th birthday party on Saturday at a local skating rink and had a pretty good turnout, even tho my two good friends and their kids were unable to attend. Then saw the baby kick my lower tummy out a few times late that night!!! I cried happy tears. Some photos from Easter Sunday:

Not sure if I went into much detail last week but my doctor appointment Wednesday went well. I have gained 17 pounds so far :wacko: and doctor told me to watch my weight and watch the salt. He had no trouble finding the baby with the doppler and I got my ultrasound scheduled for April 27th! :happydance: I have my 22 week appointment that week as well on the 29th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL3erlX-pPc

Im sorry you and your so are spending some time apart. Hopefully he figures out some stuff and comes back better than ever. 17 pounds!! I'm barely there now lol.

Thanks Daphne!

Just wanted to pop in a little before my bump update and say I got the contract with that big company! I'm so excited because there's so much we need to buy and pay off and omg I'm kind of freaking out because they have half a million followers on facebook alone ahhh

Yay!! Congrats!

So much for an update Jyllian... That's just so awesome.... Will you find out baby's gender on the 27th? :dance: 17lbs already??? :wacko:

Cheryl, huge congrats on getting the contract.... Hopefully you'll get more from their followers.....

As for the new hospital, we are going to the one close to DH's office a long way drive when i go to labor but it'll be a perfect place. I asked one of my friends who, fortunately, is working in that hospital and got some information. She said i'll be staying there for two days from birth (longer if necessary) and have our son in a private room where DH can come during delivery. It's a perfect place since DH only gets 1 day leave (new labor code is 3 days but will be effective after 6 mos). He can come and visit me on the next day anytime he wants since the hospital is just across the road from his work... :yipee:

That's awesome Daphne. I'm glad you guy found what you are looking for!

That is great Daphne!!

I'm starting to do a lot of reading as I we have about a 30 to 40 min drive to hospital when I go into labor. Trying to get as much info as I can so that I can labor at home for the most and then have enough time to drive to hospital once contractions get closer. This is all freaking me out and making me scared of being there way too early or not getting there in time :(

Better to get there too early than too late!! Perhaps if you arrive too early you can walk the hospital to kill time.

Thanks Pamela, baby is actually moving and poking me as I type!

Yup Daphne, 17 pounds :toothpick: I definitely plan on walking the neighborhood this summer and lots of swimming! I gained 30 with my DS, 40 with my DD... so maybe 50 with this baby? Yikes... As far as I know we are finding out gender. I'm so excited! I even put a countdown ticker on my phone :laugh2:

Cheryl I for sure will get a video next time! Hopefully tonight, as the baby seems to get pretty active at around 8pm or so...

Amidst all the chaos I had a huge realization that I have turned into my mother :dohh: which isn't ALL terrible, BUT she does tend to focus on all the negatives. She was just doing it last week when she was over, talking to my DD about all the "downsides" to having a baby in the house and telling me I have NO idea what it's like raising a baby and working full time. I get it, it's a task but MANY women (and men) do it. I think I'm going to be OK :winkwink:

You are going to do a great job.

AFM: got a wild hair to finish the diaper covers I started weeks ago. I got one done lol. It took a bit longer than I thought it would. I may need to make inserts since the store bought ones don't fit so well but I'm going to try it out on my nephew first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 4
Jess the diaper covers looks great!!

Jamie my doula requested we keep the ultrasounds to a minimum so we are just waiting for the regular 20-week anatomy scan which is early May and then we are having a reveal party.. But the weekend of the scan is a big wedding we're all going to and the next weekend is our cruise! So we won't find out at the reveal til two weeks later but I bet you I can figure it out with the 3D scans in hand ;) I honestly don't mind at this point! I was obsessed at the beginning but it's not a big deal anymore for some reason. I could probably go team yellow now!

https://glittertextmaker.info/glittertext/holdz/z5523832b6bf8c.gif

That diaper cover is so cute....

https://glittertextmaker.info/glittertext/holdz/z552383da09031.gif​

Jamie - too bad we don't have any relatives here :cry: it will definitely be a big challenge for me and DH but i'm sure we'll make it through. It's just really sad not celebrating this pregnancy with families but we just have to be strong and think of the positives, soon they will see our son. :D

Cheryl - always looking lovely :D .... Bump is definitely showing. :dance: And I LOOOOOOOVE <3 the harry potter action.... :thumbup:

Thank you!! I can't believe we made it this far. It's so reassuring to know that your tiny person has the ability to survive out of the womb. Only 16 (hopefully only 14) weeks to go!

So I have been implementing my new, more care free, positive, productive mentality and it seems to be helping. I don't let my OH's spending affect me. He bought lunch for himself yesterday and today (plus his usual unnecessary items, perhaps?) He got paid yesterday and gave me the set amount towards our shared bills and handled his overdue cell phone bill and credit card payment... but he is still behind on another bill of his and I'm sure he won't set aside any money to help buy any groceries if we decide to shop this week. Not my problem :winkwink:

Yesterday I planned to get a lot done at home after work and even though I had to keep telling myself on the drive home to NOT sit down and stay focused and motivated, I managed to stick with it and made the bed (I always just leave it unmade, with the nice "decorative pillows thrown in the corner of the room), put away some clothes that were lying around the bedroom, did all the dishes, cooked dinner, tidied up the kitchen, vacuumed the living room rug, dusted a few shelves I gave up on over the weekend, made space to put away the crap ton of board games that had been laying out since we started the reno and washed, Tidied up the living room, dried and put away a few loads of laundry before having to pick up my DD from my ex husband's. It was never ending but I felt great accomplishing so much in an evening after work... and on a Monday. Great way to start my week :thumbup: New bedroom carpet is coming Thursday first thing in the morning and am hoping I can paint my DS and DD's new bedrooms, shampoo the carpets and have their furniture moved over the weekend while they are away. Much to keep me busy until my ultrasound in a little over 2 weeks!

Jess- congrats on the big milestone!! Diaper looks great!

Daphne- where are your families? I hope you have a super easy none fussy baby!! :)

Cheryl- ok I gotcha. Well as long as you aren't dying waiting! That's good! I can understand that. I thought I'd be more anxious too! I kind of enjoy the suspense of not knowing. Plus I'm pretty sure it's a boy based on my O pains (in the afternoon) and when we dtd (that night) so I'm not in a super rush to confirm it's a boy!!

Jylian- sounds great!! You were very productive!! I wax proud I did the dishes this morning and cleaned the bathroom sink lol. Little victories!

Love the diaper covers Jess! Happy v-day as well.

Jyllian, I have a few things at home if you want to come and help. Heart burn is screwing me over plus I'm lazy this week :haha:

Cheryl, don't you dare go team yellow on my ass now! I've invested a lot and need to know the gender :rofl:

As mentioned, heart burn is kicking my ass. I wake up in the early hours of the morning and have to grab for Gaviscon because it is just too much. It doesn't matter what I eat, don't eat or how I sit etc it is there constantly.

I've said many times before that I live in a small coastal town and recently I found out that we are 13 mommies for 2015! I didn't know until I got invited to join in the secret Facebook group. 3 ladies has already given birth and I'm next :D I'm so happy about this as now I don't have to worry about whether there will be friend's Matthew's age etc :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->