Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Okay here I go... good night ladies! I'll try and check in tomorrow but might not be on due to all the wedding stuff!

I'm still so overwhelmed after the scan and just wanted to say thank you to you all for waiting so patiently (and not :haha: ) and supporting me! I love you ladies!

:) We love you Pam!!

So on the plus side (oh... and I was like UGH! Fine I'm just making dinner, and carefully measured out enough katsuoboshi--it's like a weird Japanese ingredient we need for this dish--we had JUST enough, and the measuring cups toppled all over it and spilled most of it on the floor. Weh!), I finished this today for the gender reveal party - I love it! I think it turned out cute even though it was super tedious to make!

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/FullSizeRender.jpg

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/IMG_5911.jpg
Do you think we should make one for that empty doorway too? It leads to the kitchen and out to the deck which is where we want people to go

And I got some props in for newborn photography! Some funky fur to line a basket :D
https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/IMG_5912.jpg

Like this maybe
dcfc31eb1caba72378c79bb969b0df4e.jpg

Baby woke up and has been kicking me to either say "mom chill the f out" or "mom it's ok i loooooove you" hahaha

So sorry those stupid pictures wouldn't rotate - I changed them and everything but alas!

Very cute! I'd make one for the door too.

We're down to three name options for our LO - William, Alexander or Samuel - with the middle name Robert (family name). Any preferences?

I think make one for the other door too.

William Robert has a nice ring to it

I love the sonos!

AFM- I think the baby was giving me signs to not lose hope because I had frequent urination like crazy today! I went like 10 times between 9am-7pm! Tests are slowllllyyy darkening but I'm staying positive :)

The last two are today :shrug:

Attachments

• IMG_20150423_214604.jpg
    IMG_20150423_214604.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 8
I agree, one for the other door too Cheryl. They look great btw.

Fi, I like William too. Good luck on the name choosing... it took us just about forever :D

They look awesome Cheryl! I wish I was crafty...

Lovely tests Sylvia :)

Fi, I like William too. Alexander as a second choice.
We already have names picked out for our little one. They've been picked for *ahem* some time... Eden Violet for a girl. Taylor Steven for a boy

Sylvia tests are looking good..... FX it gets darker soon....

I love the sonos!

AFM- I think the baby was giving me signs to not lose hope because I had frequent urination like crazy today! I went like 10 times between 9am-7pm! Tests are slowllllyyy darkening but I'm staying positive :)

The last two are today :shrug:

I think your test are progressing nicely. Remember the hormones double every 24-48 hours so maybe if it helps ease your mind you can poas every day but just compare every 2nd day's tests with each other?

I have full on faith your rainbow baby will stick :hugs:

They look awesome Cheryl! I wish I was crafty...

Lovely tests Sylvia :)

Fi, I like William too. Alexander as a second choice.
We already have names picked out for our little one. They've been picked for *ahem* some time... Eden Violet for a girl. Taylor Steven for a boy

I love those names too!! :flower:

I would make one for the other door too, so cute!!!

Sylvia, your tests are looking great!!! :happydance:

Love William and Alexander!!!!

Pam - I didn't get that stuff scanned it to you yesterday. Sorry! We had a pretty productive day that sent me back into contraction land. My husband is getting worried and I am too, but I don't want to go to the doctor yet as they will just say drink more water and send me home. I'm taking it really easy today at my parents house and not lifting the kids.

Fi that's so sweet! My OH has been excited and super involved since day 1. We completed our registries weeks ago and he was too anxious to get his hands on the scanner gun :laugh2: He was even more excited once he began to feel baby move. He's so anxious for the ultrasound Monday. Second tri seems to go FAST, enjoy it! I can't decide, I like all three names but think I like the names Samuel or William most.

Aww Cheryl that stinks they failed to include one super important detail that resulted in many of your photos being useless and also you having to go back and re-edit everything... so time consuming! I stress a lot about finances. It's not like you and DH are irresponsible, everyone has flubs here and there. It happens. You have a lot going on right now! I'm sure baby is giving you love mudges to chill out... mine does it to me a lot :laugh2: Hoping the rest of your week eases up :hugs: I love the decorations and definitely think you should make one for the doorway as well!

Pamela that's what I think, once my OH gets to actually SEE for himself the baby moving, the details, know whether he's having a son or daughter and experiencing the actual scan it will make it even more real for him. Have fun with all the wedding excitement! Don't drink too much!:haha:

Sylvia your tests are definitely getting darker, slowly but for sure. I agree on testing every other day to see better progression comparison. FX!!!

AFM I was feeling really good yesterday and got started on the flooring downstairs! It's a little tricky because my dad's huge, heavy gun safe is down there so I have to work up to that then have my OH and probably a helper or two try and carefully move it onto the new flooring and out of the way.

Before, after most of the crap was removed from the room:
20150423_162339.jpg

Underlayment put down:
20150423_205015.jpg

Starting to install flooring:
20150423_214303.jpg

My OH saw me grabbing materials and tools and insisted on helping. He said he feels terrible when I'm being productive and he isn't. I assured him it was ok and he could relax. He has a lot on his mind right now and has seemed kind of distant, like in a bubble of thoughts and anxiety. He told me this morning that he is fearful he won't be a good enough provider and not be able to take care of everyone. He is afraid he won't be a good dad and I assured him that is NOT the case and if I was concerned about anything he would most definitely know. I feel he is doing a great job right now and will be just fine once the baby is here. It makes me so sad he's feeling like this! :sad2: He seems to need extra attention right now and some relaxation so I suggested we bake some wings for dinner this eve and enjoy a movie and lots of snuggles so that's our Friday night plans :thumbup:

Thank you girls.... Its sooooo hard to test every other day I am a huge POAS addict! I have a bag of tests just there waiting lol but I will compare every other day

Sylvia I would be too! Just continue POAS every day if you want, but only set the every other day tests alongside each other for better comparison maybe? Be sure to date em so you don't get mixed up!

Fi that's so sweet! My OH has been excited and super involved since day 1. We completed our registries weeks ago and he was too anxious to get his hands on the scanner gun :laugh2: He was even more excited once he began to feel baby move. He's so anxious for the ultrasound Monday. Second tri seems to go FAST, enjoy it! I can't decide, I like all three names but think I like the names Samuel or William most.

Aww Cheryl that stinks they failed to include one super important detail that resulted in many of your photos being useless and also you having to go back and re-edit everything... so time consuming! I stress a lot about finances. It's not like you and DH are irresponsible, everyone has flubs here and there. It happens. You have a lot going on right now! I'm sure baby is giving you love mudges to chill out... mine does it to me a lot :laugh2: Hoping the rest of your week eases up :hugs: I love the decorations and definitely think you should make one for the doorway as well!

Pamela that's what I think, once my OH gets to actually SEE for himself the baby moving, the details, know whether he's having a son or daughter and experiencing the actual scan it will make it even more real for him. Have fun with all the wedding excitement! Don't drink too much!:haha:

Sylvia your tests are definitely getting darker, slowly but for sure. I agree on testing every other day to see better progression comparison. FX!!!

AFM I was feeling really good yesterday and got started on the flooring downstairs! It's a little tricky because my dad's huge, heavy gun safe is down there so I have to work up to that then have my OH and probably a helper or two try and carefully move it onto the new flooring and out of the way.

Before, after most of the crap was removed from the room:
20150423_162339.jpg

Underlayment put down:
20150423_205015.jpg

Starting to install flooring:
20150423_214303.jpg

My OH saw me grabbing materials and tools and insisted on helping. He said he feels terrible when I'm being productive and he isn't. I assured him it was ok and he could relax. He has a lot on his mind right now and has seemed kind of distant, like in a bubble of thoughts and anxiety. He told me this morning that he is fearful he won't be a good enough provider and not be able to take care of everyone. He is afraid he won't be a good dad and I assured him that is NOT the case and if I was concerned about anything he would most definitely know. I feel he is doing a great job right now and will be just fine once the baby is here. It makes me so sad he's feeling like this! :sad2: He seems to need extra attention right now and some relaxation so I suggested we bake some wings for dinner this eve and enjoy a movie and lots of snuggles so that's our Friday night plans :thumbup:

Try not to overdo it and wear yourself out. Ronny has taken to helping me when I get up to try and do something because I don't listen to the limits and then spend the night in pain. B's reaction and fears are ones that I have heard myself. Do you guys have a daddy newborn care class that he can take? Your dinner and snuggle plan sounds divine!

Okay this puts my mind at ease... Here are my tests every 2 days :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_20150424_113246.jpg
    IMG_20150424_113246.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 8
Looking good Sylvia!

Jyllian- looks like things are progressing!! I agree with Jess, is there a class he can take or book to read??

Pam- love love love love love all the pcs of baby Matthew!!!! Soooooooo cute!!! His face is adorable!

Cheryl- I'm sorry you had a bad day! Don't be so hard on yourself ! I've been there with overdrawing and it sucks and I've gotten mad at myself for letting it happen but we are human and not perfect! Everything WILL be ok!! :)

Jess- so glad you are getting things done! I hope the contractions slow down!! :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->